Monthly Muse August'19 Week1***CLOSED

Discussion in 'Art Journaling' started by MrsPeel, Aug 5, 2019.

1. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

OHHHHH girls, you make my heart SING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the pages are awesome and I LOVE the wazys each and every page took the initial idea!!!!!!!!!!

THANK YOUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!! how didn't I think of it? I thought of showing some stitched hexagons (which I think are Kim's too, but my mind isn't all together right now, thanks so much Rikki!!!!

my dear, awesome as always....and yes, you got it perfect, having said that, the idea is to let it inspire you and go wherever your creativity takes you!!!!!!!!!!

[insert all the hearts possible here] You get me all teary and happy!!!!!! Thanks so so much!!!!!! You know how much it helps when someone KNOWS what we are going through...... thank you so so much... and I love your pages, ypou are a lot like me on the filling the page, can't wait to see what your creativity will bring us, so so glad that we are both a bit better and able to come create... best pain relief therapy, right?

Love seeing your creations again! missed you all!!!!

:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl

GENIUS!!!!!!! I laughed so much, in the quier here (London 06:14 am.... residential area....none is awake , well maybe now they are !!!!!!!) Absolute genius!!!!!!

comme d'habitude, ma cherie, fantastique!!!!!!

OMG Amanda!!!!!!!!!! Absolutely awesome!!!!!!
    LOVE where your mind and heart took you!!!! this is what I got from the Antui Journal, in the beginning I was going with the prompt, then I started letting myself go..... I just thought I started with the one I myself started on my Anti Journal..... but your process is what the Muse wants to be..... !!!

Perfect!!!! yes... having said that, like I said to Amanda..... the Muse is meant to be a starting point... I always love what you girls do with your ATCs, wherever your mind and heart takes you from the initial idea.... it will be perfect!!!!

Yes!!! I actually looked at many of the videos when I started with my own book... I found someone I liked a lot more than the Green cow, is a girl that goes as psykotokart

she is actually my main i9nspiration for what I did up to las week, I have more than half done...she is interesting....
    if you google #antijournal you will find lots of images, in case don't want top go through the flip videos...some people explain page per page , others like this girl just show you what they have done...... :)

and here I am beating myself for not having thought of that!!!!!! almost 61, so much medication, Saroita is back driving me mad LOL enjoy Bianca now LOTS!!!!!!!:giggle:giggle:giggle

OF course is ok!!!!!!! this is meant to be the inspiration, and you always are marvelous!!!!!
    So glad you are enjoying it!!! oh miss you girls so much!!! nowe being here I feel it even more!!!! so glad to be able to be around more!!!!

You know I love you, and this is absolutely and amazingly great!!!! Like I said to Amanda, wherever your creativity takes you...this is what The Muse is.....
    I know I haven't been around for quiet a while, but my understanding of the purpose of Erin @mimisgirl when she created the Muse...it was precisely to give us inspiration, a Muse, a starting point and feed creativity....and LOVE the way you went!!!!!!!
    we need to catch up soon!!!

and I need to catch up with all of your galleries, girls, thanks so so much you all for these amazing pages!!!!!

Aren't we the BEST FAMILY on the whole of digi-land? and SO SO IMMENSELY happy to see you here!!!!!! more of an incentive to try to be more around!!!!!

Ladies, THANK YOU so so much, these pages are the BEST start of my day ...after a full on day yesterday, these pages make my heart sing!!! so so happy to be able to be around more!!!!!!
    I ll be at your galleries later....
    :heartslub

wvsandy, mcurtt and cinderella like this.
  2. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

Decided to take the circle one step further; learned about Vesica Piscis in my Ancient Art History course. Some of the info online about this is heady. But it was still fun to try. Not 'sposed to be political, I was trying to connect the circles in theme as well.:P

[​IMG]
    I have another idea that is a bit more relaxed... try that later this week. :D

Smwhite and MrsPeel like this.
  3. dvhoward

dvhoward Don't bother me before 10am!

Not sure this fits the bill, but I loved putting it together. Stars are the shape I used (with a few circles thrown in for good measure). The variation on them is mostly size and the different word arts layered on them. Thanks for the inspiration, Cynthia. I hope you feel better soon BTW.
    [​IMG]

MrsPeel likes this.
  4. Janisn

Janisn Well-Known Member

Heres my take on this.
    [​IMG]

MrsPeel likes this.
  5. RJMJ

RJMJ There is a shade of red for every woman.

Hey There!...Finally Back To Post My Layout...It Took Some Time For Me To Come Up With A Proper Idea...But Upon Seeing The Just Right Photo...I Finally Figured It Out...My Shape Of Choice Here Is The Triangle...Not As Popular As The Circle Perhaps But It Has Heft Just The Same...I Love Scrapping With Shapes & I Do Really Love Triangles...There's Just Something Very Interesting About Them To Me...They Stand Out Differently But In A Good Way...They Are Certainly Different & Like Doing Their Own Thing...They Seem Personally Expressive To Me...

I Had The Idea Of Cutting Up The Same Photo Into Different Views & Angles...All In Triangles...It Seems Very Unorthodox Perhaps But I'm Always Stretching My Creativity...I Work With Triangles Whenever I Can...I Think My Layout Here Theme-Wise Is Pretty Clear...We Are All Made Up Of Pieces...Good & Bad...We Need To Find A Way To Accept All Of Our Own Pieces...Broken Pieces & All...We Are The Sum Of All Our Wonderful Parts...The Good & The Bad...It's Hard To Make Peace With The Broken Parts...But This Idea Totally Lends Towards My Own Personal Struggles With Anxiety/Depression...I Totally Understand About Trying To Make Peace With All Of My Broken Pieces...

*For My Me:Time Peace:Time Layout-I Used:

*Wings Unfolded:Mixed Media Artistry & Mixed Media Paperie & Make Art & Journal No.3-Rachel Jefferies
    *Moments Like This-Pink Reptile Designs
    *Art Crush No.18-NBK Design
    *Free Spirit Paints-Marisa Lerin(2)
    *Bricolage April 2018(1)/Bricolage Society Challenge No.6(2)/Bricolage Society May 2018 Challenge No.5 (1)-Jen Maddocks

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 11, 2019
    MrsPeel, Smwhite, BevG and 1 other person like this.
  6. Rikki

Rikki Next I'm going to look up naughty limericks

@MrsPeel Cynthia, I am certain that this is not where you wanted us to go with your prompt, but I went there anyway, :)
    I had the circles as paper circles first but that did not go at all with the rest so I had to blend them in.

I found that quote on Pinterest just yesterday and so loved it that I had to use it right away.

[​IMG]

MrsPeel likes this.
  7. blueberries

blueberries Did I ever tell you I have a thing for snakes?

"As much or as little as you like" turned into just how many stars can I fit on a page? Not sure how well I hit the mark on making each one as different as possible, but hey, there's enough clash to make your eyes bleed, at least :-D

Tbh I wasn't even sure I was going to get this challenge finished, the first two pieces I tried were so bleak and angsty I wanted to give up. But then I decided the only way to fight the angst and depression was keep trying. Keep wishing, even.

[​IMG]

MrsPeel and RJMJ like this.
  8. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

@MrsPeel Hope this fits the bill. They are all different, but they are same tonal value ( HOT ) I had to make it, I am that fed up, and starting to wish I married an Eskimo.... Thank you for the challenge, it took me a while to get started. I used all Lynn Grieveson kits.
    [​IMG]

MrsPeel likes this.
  9. mimisgirl

mimisgirl It's all about ME!

Ok, I finally finished mine - but it took a direction I was not intending, but why fight it.

[​IMG]

MrsPeel and Smwhite like this.
  10. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I went with all circles - I've been wanting to go fruit overload with Paula's Taste of Summer, so I used that.

[​IMG]

MrsPeel likes this.
  11. Smwhite

Smwhite Well-Known Member

I went with triangles... great challenge Cynthia!

Art-Journaling---August-Wk1-web.jpg

MrsPeel likes this.
  12. redplaid3

redplaid3 Just call me Zaley's Grammy!

This isn't exactly what you asked for @MrsPeel but I wanted to play with the gradient and leaves and this is what came out. I like it even though it's not what I really wanted to do. I have to think some more about how to do what I want to do--leaves moving from one color to another in a gradient effect. Thanks for the inspiration.

[​IMG]

MrsPeel likes this.
  13. Electra

Electra Shutterbug

SO happy to see you hosting @MrsPeel ! Here is my week 1, three more to do tonight.
    I ADORE your sample!!!!!!!!!!:heartslub
    [​IMG]

MrsPeel likes this.
  14. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

Here is mine:

[​IMG]

MrsPeel likes this.