Month of Challenges 7! Will you accept the challenge??

Discussion in 'Announcement Pad' started by lmccandless, Nov 21, 2018.

1. turtlebug

turtlebug Well-Known Member

I only finished once, but i am up for trying again!!!

2. barbaraj

barbaraj Well-Known Member

I'm going to jump in again!

IntenseMagic, bellbird and MrsPeel like this.
  3. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

For those new to the site, wondering what MOC looks like, rest assured it is not so much like this
    [​IMG]
    and more like this
    [​IMG]

(We are a lot less about chemistry and more about connecting with the community here and challenging you to be creative!)

(...and no, my chemistry knowledge is in no way strong enough to understand & explain that first image!)

Oldenmeade, Tree City, mcurtt and 4 others like this.
  4. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

I am SO SO very excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Excited to get together once again with all of you who made the previous MOCs so much fun and amazed us with your talent and stories.... and bring it on for you first timers!!!!! you will LOVE IT!!!!

A general observation for you who don't think you can make it : The amazing thing about having a store owner like our Laura, that is so generous to give a money prize $20 to EVERYONE who finishes the 31 pages, is that we all win, even if you don't finish the 31, we learn new things, meet new people, get pages scrapped.....
    And for those of you who feel some challenges are out of your comfort zone..... just give them a go..... even if there is a technique that doesn't come perfect ...that is what challenges are about...to push us, to teach us and to try new things..... it maybe that you never make that page again, but it may happen (like it did with me in my first MOC) that once you made the page, you fall in love with the technique/style/story..... just give it a go, is always about the scrapping!!!!!
    We have so many tips from past MOCs to help you get organized so it isn't so much time consuming and will allow you to go for the 31 pages!!!!!

I would love to comment and respond to each of you, but I am so very slow after 4 months not being around...it took me a while to read the thread already so I ll be making it a bit shorter

me too!!!!!!!! :party3:happydance2 :heartlub

looking forward to seeing what you will do!!! and, as I said above..... the challenges are to push us a bit out of our zone.... I'm sure you will do amazing!!!:heartlub
    YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!! and if I enjoyed & Loved your participating before, now after I met you in person and hugged you so much, it will be even more amazing!!!!!!
    :circles:cheer:clappy:clap:happydance2:party3

Frani...after I had my life turned around by a medical error...and I went very very down... I learned to always start and plan with a positive attitude..... you never know.... maybe you get some of the easier challenges out of the way fast and then have time to invest in the more complicated ones? completing the 31 is a great feeling!!!! Your pages are superb, I know I haven't been much around these past few months but I have seen enough of you to know you can ROCK it!!!!!!!:heartlub

oh I am quiet sure you will, like I said to Frani above..... I have seen enough of you and you can rock and roll MOC!!!!:heartlub

YES YES YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :heartlub:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub:beat:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub

:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub:beat:beat:beat:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub and my 3rd year hosting!!!!!! :beat:beat:beat:beat:beat:heartlub:beat:beat:beat:beat

:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl

I remember you well!!!!! Welcome back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:heartlub

Patsy, read what I posted in the beginning of my reply..... and, girl, I KNOW YOU, and I KNOW you are talented enough to pull ANYTHING!!!!!! the challenges goal is to actually get us out of our zone, and learn and experience!!!!! I know you can and you may end up never making that particular kind of [page again, but you may fall in love with others!!!!!!!! I know your pages will be awesome!!!!!!:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub

I am sure it will!!!! can't wait to see what you come up with!!!!!!!!!!:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub

I also remember you!!! you may find that now that you have done it, it can happen in a more relaxed way...you (as you well said!!!) now have stash, start get organizing now, separate whatever way you feel is easy to find stuff, color, type, i am sure you will make awesome pages and I am cheering for you to make the 31!!!!!!!:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub

oh you WILL. I maybe biased because you are my friend and I love you :giggle but seriously, you know I fell in love with your pages 5 years ago wayyyy before we cross a word.... when I came into Kate's team and was amazed by your pages!!!!!! it will give you even more creativity than you already have... I will make sure you do finish!!!!!!! we'll send Sarita to look after the boys, you scrap !!!!!!!!! :rofl

no kidding!!!!!! I am so so amazed by the talent of our designers with their own pages..... we have the very best designers here who are also the most awesome scrappers!!!! :heartlub:heartlub:heartlub

oh you HAVE TO!!!!!!! love your pages!!! can't wait to see what you make!!!!!!!!! :heartlub

YESSSS!!!!!!!! :heartlub:heartlub:heartlub

so, the same I said to Patsy, same I posted in the beginning of my post here, this reply...especially with you who are so extremely talented!!!!!!!!! just go with a relaxed attitude and with the goal of trying new things.... I for one am excited to see what you will come up with, you are super artist!!!! you may see yourself falling in love with new techniques/stuff!!!!!!!! :heartlub

OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!!! I was half way reading this thread and I HAD to go post you something!!!!!!!!! I am SO SO HAPPY Chloe!!!!!!!!! je suis vraiment hereux (hereusse? mdr) I haven't been around the past 4 months, anywhere... so I didn't know!!!!!!! will write in a bit, Congrats, ma cherie, I know you will be an amazing MUM!!!!!!!!!!
    :heartslub

:heartslub:heartslub:heartslub
    we both been away, need to catch up and soooo ready to enjoy your MOC pages!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway.... welcome all again and new players, this will be SO amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!
    :heartlub:heartlub:heartlub:beat:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub

5. DivaMom96

DivaMom96 Well-Known Member

I'll give it my best shot! Sounds like fun!!

IntenseMagic and MrsPeel like this.
  6. dagi

dagi Aiming high

ha, sounds like a plan! not sure Sarita would be as excited though :giggle. love you, too! please, be my cheerleader :cheer:luvya

IntenseMagic and MrsPeel like this.
  7. MrsPeel

count on me!!!!!!!!:heartlub:heartlub:beat:heartlub:heartlub

dagi likes this.
  8. nanascrapper

nanascrapper Well-Known Member

MOC6 seems like only yesterday.......that was my first try. Bring on MOC7......

MrsPeel and IntenseMagic like this.
  9. Elizabeth

Elizabeth Well-Known Member

Can't wait for the Challenge to begin!

MrsPeel and IntenseMagic like this.
  10. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

I love your GIFs today! :rollin

MrsPeel and bellbird like this.
  11. Jazz2000

Jazz2000 Active Member

I registered, I think.

MrsPeel likes this.
  12. cinna

cinna The Force is ALWAYS with me ...

I am IN!!!!!

MrsPeel likes this.
  13. Roxana

Roxana Bananas for radishes

I just can't wait! I am definitely in!

MrsPeel likes this.
  14. MrsPeel

I'm glad this year passed relatively fast for me...and so looking forward to see your pages x this year!!!!

yes!!!! same as above!!! I actually need to catch up with your gallery, haven't been around for the past 3/4 months, will pay you a visit properly soon!!!

welcome to the most amazing event in digi-land!!! [​IMG]

and I am SO glad you will be!!!!!! always a treat with your pages!!!!!

cinna likes this.
  15. mocamom

mocamom Runs on coffee. And with scissors.

Well, I'm going to try this year! I only made it one or two days last year, but here's hoping no one gets sick this year!

MrsPeel likes this.
  16. thymeonmyhands

thymeonmyhands New Member

First Time!! Cannot wait

AliSarah, IntenseMagic and MrsPeel like this.
  17. MrsPeel

yes!!!! love your pages and even more when is MOC!!!!

fingers crossed!!!! will love to see you get to the end!!!!!! your pages are always a delight!!!!

let us know if you have any questions, there are a lot of threads about how to prepare, tips from everyone, but there is always one of us around to help if you have any questions!!!! btw, love your nickname!!!! is it thyme as the herb? (rosemary & thyme ...The Scarborough Fair song comes to mind) I read it as "the time on my hands" but now I looked again I see isn't- great either way!!!

18. Meibritt

Meibritt CT - Kate Hadfield

I am looking forward to the challenge

19. LisaDV

LisaDV Member

Newbie to the challenge here. I hope I signed up correctly.

Will the challenges be posted in the announcement forum? And... Is there someplace I can find previous years challenges to see what I can expect?

Last edited: Dec 4, 2018
    AliSarah and IntenseMagic like this.
  20. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

Welcome to TLP Lisa! The challenges are posted it their own forum called MOC. And they delete them after the end each year. But I can tell you what kind of challenges we had last time by looking at my files from last MOC. Challenges included following a recipe, trying new techniques, mood board inspiration, templates and sketches, different styles, journaling, scraplifting, using a number of alphas or designers, and scrapping in an unusual shape. But they're all more creative than the monthly challenges. This coming MOC will be my 4th and I can't wait to see the new challenges!

For the February style challenge I created a page about my MOC6 pages. Here's a link to it in my gallery if you'd like to see it and read a bit more about the challenges (zoom in).

LisaDV likes this.