Month of Challenges 5!!! Bring It on!

Discussion in 'Announcement Pad' started by lmccandless, Dec 13, 2016.

1. Pups_r_Paps

Pups_r_Paps Well-Known Member

Looking forward to it....

lmccandless likes this.
  2. jesskab

jesskab Watch me sizzle & twizzle

This will be my 3rd MOC.
    Last year after finishing MOC, I was so bummed. I had a lot of obstacles last January, I worked really hard, and I didn't even win a $3 prize! But you know what? I just kept going. I kept scrapping because I love to. I honed some of my newly learned techniques. 2 months later I was guesting on a CT & she kept me!. At the end of 2016, I'm on 3 wonderful teams with such wonderful designers & I have a guesting gig lined up for 2017! My point is not to sit here bragging on myself. My point is, you will grow.

It's not easy for everyone to breeze through a month of layouts. Sometimes you get stuck on a concept like puppet-warping or making a picture into a sticker. :duh Sometimes you have to make a pocket page & you end up realizing you don't dislike the style as much as you thought you did. :whistle The exciting part is you will have completed 31 pages in all sorts of styles. You will have stretched your imagination further than you thought possible! You will have picked up some awesome freebies & will have $20 burning a hole in your pocket. You will have learned a variety of new scrapping techniques & witnessed hundreds of pages of amazing gallery inspiration! You will have conquered the month of challenges & you will have grown because of it.

I can't wait to start this with all of you. I can't wait to see what I'll learn. I can't wait to see what you create. So, bring it on!

Joan K, mrs2a50, bestcee and 10 others like this.
  3. amandac

amandac Read, or Run? Hmmm ...

Maybe I will get further in this year? Maybe I will even FINISH MOC this year .... who know? But I can't wait to find out!

[​IMG]

4. flowersgal

flowersgal I have big ears and wide arms

I have no idea if I even have a "siggie" much less how to add anything to it. That being said, MOC sounds like a lot of fun. I don't have many pictures so I'm not sure exactly what I will do, but I'd like to give it a try.

Would someone explain to me how it works? Do I look in the forum each day for the challenge or is it emailed to me? What else do I need to know?

Thanks.

Sokee likes this.
  5. AmandaJ

AmandaJ Adagio, or Allegro? I can't decide.

I played for the first time last year. It was wonderful fun and I got to Guest Polly for a month! I'm really looking forward to playing again this year.

elk2009, lmccandless and keepscrappin like this.
  6. jenevang

jenevang Rocking a two-piece under my scrubs

It is super fun! A new challenge will be posted in the forum each day and ALL.THE.INSTRUCTIONS will be there as well!
    I hope you join in the fun.

As for the siggie. To add the MOC image you can right click and "save image URL", then under your profile there is an area for "signature". In that spot you click the little "image" icon (looks like a mountain in a box) and paste in the URL you just copied. Easy peasy!

7. kirstiegai

kirstiegai Trick or Treat, RUB by feet!

8. wombat146

wombat146 Check out my kilt! And my turret!

It is going to be so much fun! I did for the first time last year and it was fabulous!! :happydance2

Sokee, JillW and lmccandless like this.
  9. 3BluEyedBabies

3BluEyedBabies Falling for pumpkin ...

I'll give it a try!

lmccandless likes this.
  10. wombat146

wombat146 Check out my kilt! And my turret!

EXACTLY Jess, you just summarised what MOC is all about! Learning new styles, making new friends and completing as many pages as you can. Real life does get in the way sometimes, but its a fabulous feeling to at least have started and get a few pages done! :fairydance :grouphug :beat

lmccandless and jesskab like this.
  11. Chippi

Chippi Those chicken nuggets are just waiting to attack

When Scrap Orchard closed down last year, I didn't know what to do. I found the Lilypad and I decided to jump in the deep end and go for it in MOC! I didn't finish it, but I had SO much fun and learned so many new things!! I can't wait to do it all again. I am so glad I am travelling home early in January and not somewhere in the middle to get myself distracted!!

And Jess.. this is perfect!

12. elitka

elitka Well-Known Member

I'm ready too :agree

lmccandless likes this.
  13. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

I was shocked by Scrap Orchard closing but I have to say the timing was excellent because it's what led me here to TLP. And MOC helped me finally get into a routine of frequent scrapping again.

grrfluudy, bestcee, elk2009 and 2 others like this.
  14. sberkan

sberkan Says "yes" to new adventures...

Been waiting for this!! My scrapbooking mojo's been gone for awhile so I'm looking forward to diving back in with this great motivation!

lmccandless likes this.
  15. Chippi

Chippi Those chicken nuggets are just waiting to attack

Yes! It definitely helped me too, but by this time of year I am way out of it again, lol. Here's to MOC giving us the kick up the digi-butt that we need, lol!

lmccandless and michelepixels like this.
  16. AliSarah

AliSarah Oh great. Now I have pixie dust in my hair!

I signed up just so I could try it!! Here's hoping my hubby and kids will cooperate enough to let me get all these challenges done!! :D

Huggles!!
    ~Sarah~

17. lmccandless

lmccandless The Force is strong with this one. Boss of the Applesauce

Welcome to The Lilypad!! You're going to love MOC. :)

18. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

oh Sarah....I will help you with all the help you need...I have strategies for you! hold on! lol
    and a big welcome too!

klee73010 likes this.
  19. jesskab

jesskab Watch me sizzle & twizzle

Wasn't your advice last year to throw pop tarts at the children? Lol. Can't wait to see what you come up with this year Anne!

Chippi likes this.
  20. weaselwatchr

weaselwatchr Viva, Las Vegas!

I can't wait!!! I even took a day off from work so I can catch up if I need too! shhhh dont tell hubby that was the reason....:lmao

lvancura and lmccandless like this.