Monday, Monday! Plans for the week?

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by lmccandless, Jun 30, 2014.

1. lmccandless

lmccandless The Force is strong with this one. Boss of the Applesauce

Hi gang! It's another lovely Monday. :yippee
    What are your plans for the week?

I have a full week of packing and getting ready for a road trip. My girls are finishing up their summer sports and then we're out of here. My grandparents are celebrating their 65th wedding anniversary this weekend. So, combined with 4th of July festivities, it's going to be a very family-filled and fun week.

Of course, it's also BYOC week!! Woot! I am looking forward to sharing the July collection with you on Thursday night.

I hope everyone has an awesome + productive week!

2. sarahbhb

sarahbhb Happy Anniversary babe! Now, pack up!

Another call week for DH so no big plans for the holiday. DH's birthday is on the 5th so we'll do some sort of little celebration for him with just the 3 of us though (I'm sure it'll involve pie, he doesn't like cake because he's a weirdo).

Also hoping to get a few things organized and squared away for beginning a new homeschooling year (how are we 8th grade already???) next week.

BTW - 65 years! That's awesome!

Last edited: Jun 30, 2014
  3. sushimommy

sushimommy Could you point me to the helipad?

Happy Anniversary to your grandparents, Laura!

This is the first week in a month that we have not had somewhere to take one or both kids every day, so I am hoping to actually get some things done around the house. (DD has it in her head that she wants her bedroom painted, so she has a lot to do to get ready for that!) So I will tackle Mt. Washmore and spend time sorting through the disaster of a craft room / foyer after I get home from work each evening so we can play on Friday!

4. kaphelps

kaphelps CT - OLB

We are counting the days until we get to take a family road trip - the days are long and it's suppose to hit 112F degrees by Wednesday!!! I'm starting to hear- "mom, I'm bored" already... Off to Target to buy a puzzle and a new game - the boys need to give Minecraft a break ;>)
    wow- 65 years!! That is so inspiring! Enjoy your week & week-end everyone!

5. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

Laura - wow....65 years is amazing!

I've got a busy wk with wedding editing, a family dinner, shooting a portrait session Thursday and fitting in some time to go to the gym at least twice. I think this week is going to fly by. I'm also looking for a second hand laptop so have been scouring Craigs List for any good deals.

6. yellowpeep

yellowpeep Spaaaarrrrrkkkleeeee

My first real week of vacation, so I'm psyched to just hang with the girls, relax and reacquaint myself with all my off-time hobbies.
    Congratulations to your grandparents. Whenever I meet a couple that has been married for a lot of years, I always ask them, "what's your secret?"
    I was in line once and the woman in front of me said that she and her husband had been married for 70 years. I asked her, "what's your secret?" She said, "He is the greatest man in the world." I smiled. Then, I caught her husband's eye and said, "Do you know your wife just said you're the greatest man in the world?"
    He smiled and with a twinkle in his eye he said, "She's a very wise woman."
    :)
    Have a great week, all!

7. mrspotts

mrspotts Could I get a planner for my planner?

Pretty typical week for us. Mommy summer school, videos, playtime, etc. Hubby is trying to help me get some house rearranging done each night he gets home from work. Which mostly consists of me sitting and telling him where I want things and him moving it :) Hopefully we can get a lot accomplished because we are running out of time before our little man arrives!

The 4th is going to be super low key for us. Just hubby cooking some hotdogs on the grill and local firework show after. We MIGHT make some of my traditional Carmel popcorn for the fireworks if I'm not too tired. The girls keep asking for it, and who wants to disappoint four pairs of puppy eyes looking at you? Not me!

Enjoy your week everyone!

8. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

wow 65 years is amazing! congrats to them!!!

it is our first full week of summer vacation here too, as the kids just got out on Wed. we may head to the Jersey shore for some beach/extended family time if the weather looks good. then we'll be back down there again next weekend, with all the family for my grandmother's 90th!!! :) otherwise hiking, pool time and laying low ... decompressing from finals and school and all the activities that have finally ended for awhile.

9. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

We are having over a 100 peeps over for fireworks and BBQ on FRIday the 4th of July!! I am so excited! We moved tables and chairs over here this morning! Just ordered a big sheet cake with FREEDOM on it! We are hoping it will also be an adoption party, but that is still going slooooooooooooooow in court...argh
    but the week is spent getting everything together...pulling out the Christmas tree and decorating with Dollar Tree red white and blue fun! Cleaning, yard work and preparing memories!

10. PLM

PLM I know there's something in the wake of your smile

3 days at home with my boys. Today just hanging around, tomorrow going to an animalsparc and wednesday relaxing. Then they get time with grandma and granddad while I'll try to catch up at work!

11. JuliettePerkins

JuliettePerkins I eat, sleep, breathe Apple.

That literally sounds AWESOME fun <3

12. JuliettePerkins

JuliettePerkins I eat, sleep, breathe Apple.

I am hoping to get over this summer cold quickly - we pick up the keys to our new rental home on Saturday and we started packing to move tonight. We've got a lot to do in not much time but it's going to be worth it when we're settled in our new place.

REALLY looking forward to BYOC as usual! :D

13. suzyqscraps

suzyqscraps How now brown cow

We'll be celebrating my daughter's 2nd birthday on the 3rd. Planning a simple 4th of July, 'cause we've got lots of projects to work on at home. Hoping to squeeze in some scrapbooking time, and send in my app for the team call. :)

14. Stephie

Stephie Member

I think we might be having a realtor open house tomorrow. Waiting for confirmation. So I'll be getting ready for that. Might take the kids to swim during it. Twards the end of the week I've got a photog job. Between now and then I have some work to do (I work from home). Probably will go do fireworks with friends. :)

15. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

The littles and I just got back from spending the week at my parents' house, so this is definitely a low-key week for us. At the moment, there is currently NO ONE EXCEPT ME home! ZOMG! It's Christmas in (almost) July up in here, peeps! :giggle

DD is spending the night at her grandparents' house. We'll go to the library after I pick her up tomorrow and turn in our summer reading program points for free tickets to the state fair. I bought a DIY funnel cake kit at the store so we'll do that for What's Cookin' Wednesday.

With the baby only being 2 months old, I'm not sure that we'll make it out to the parade or drive downtown to see the fireworks, but we'll at least have a red, white, and blue cake and sparklers to celebrate the Fourth. Hopefully, we will at least make it to the lake/beach as DD has been dying to go all summer. We'll do SOMETHING so that I can dress the kids up in the FOJ outfits that I bought them 2 months ago. Mama's gotsta get her photos for all the yummy kits, amirite?! :giggle

16. Nikki Epperson

Nikki Epperson I'm really a spy.

How exciting! Your parent's have been together 65 years!

I'm just going to work and try to clean up the house, lol!

17. mlewis

mlewis mlewis

We just finished hosting a missions group at our church so we spent today trying to catch up around the house, grocery shopping, laundry - you know . . . all the fun stuff. :) Tomorrow we're taking a day trip to Burgess Falls State Park, and then we're hoping to kind of take it easy the rest of the week. We'll probably grill for July 4 and maybe go to a local firework show.

18. heathergw

heathergw Singing in the Neil mobile

trying to get a million things done before we head out of town on Wednesday morning... a week's work of homeschool in two days, creative team stuff and requirements... my own blog writing... and laundry and packing and preparing to take a nice break and enjoy vacation...

have a great time Laura! So amazing to be celebrating so many years together for your grandparents, what an amazing example to celebrate!!!

19. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I'll be doing more work around the house. I have a couple of projects in mind...inside and outside, depending on the weather. I hope we'll get a day at the pool and hoping to take the little one to check out a boxing class he is interested in. On the 4th, we'll spend the day at out town's celebration...food, bands, bouncy houses, and fireworks. The Rescue Squad, where my oldest works, puts everything on free of charge for the community.

20. Katherine B

Katherine B 2, 4, 6, 8, who do we appreciate?!

Wow, 65 years! Congratulations to your grandparents!

Vacation officially started at 7 pm when I clocked out from work today, don't have to return until next Thursday! :) :)

My youngest daughter came in from Chicago and we are planning a FULL week of nothing but family fun ... boating, tubing, fishing, swimming, a trip to the zoo, tons and tons of grilling! Fireworks on the lake this weekend.