Mom's Day Slow Scrap | closed

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by AnneofAlamo, May 10, 2017.

1. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

[​IMG]
    Instructions to come after chat! ♥

2. AnneofAlamo

the story:
    My birthday falls on Thanksgiving holiday. Most of my friends would either be gone to visit family or sick. Birthdays parties didn’t always happen with friends. My mom would do everything to make them special. The ballerinas on this cake stand as a testament to how far my mom would go to bring joy to me, her eldest child and only daughter.
    Her love still abounds for me, and I hope to be half the mom she was and still is to me.

1. Tell me a story;
    about your mom, about becoming a mom, or someone else's mom that has touched you!

2. A photo of that person if possible, but if not a framed element, the page must have at least ONE frame on it (stroke counts)

3. ♥ ♥ ♥ hearts. the more the better, but at least 3 (papers count) ♥ ♥ ♥

4. lace or doily-you can have both, but please have at least ONE.

5. AT least ONE flower, and it has to be obvious!

6. and finally, I would love to read your story, if you would be so kind to cut and copy your journaling to the gallery. I totally understand if you don't want to, so this is optional.

7. if your mom is alive, please call her and tell her you love her this weekend. If she is not, think of the good she put in you, and smile ♥

DEADLINE: 5.11.2017 4pm EDT/1pm PDT

Big hugs to each of you, your stories and your lives are touching others, be you a mom, or share so many of your mom's attributes, and I am honored to know each of you!
    my page:

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 10, 2017
    cookingmylife, meterr, umyesh and 2 others like this.
  3. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

Sorry I missed the chat. I love your page. My dd's birthday is Christmas day, so she has the same holiday related issues. What day is your birthday? My dad's is Nov 24 and quite often his is on Thanksgiving.

4. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Oh man! My grandma and your mom are both tender souls! My grandma had a Valentine's Baby and a Christmas Day baby, and she was a Halloween baby! She worked hard to make my aunts feel special on their birthdays.

5. bcnatty

bcnatty Disney - it's all for the kids!

That is CRAZY!!!
    I had my oldest DD on Thanksgiving...so every few years, it lands on US thanksgiving again....but we live up in Canada now, so it's not the same.

6. AnneofAlamo

ding ding that is my birthday also!

BevG likes this.
  7. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

My cousins is October 10th, so hers lands on Canadian Thanksgiving or the Monday celebration every few years. (She lives in Canada).

8. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

My birthday is November 22. The first time I remember it falling on Thanksgiving was my 13th birthday and I loved it because all my relatives visited and my birthday dinner was a huge feast. :) What I didn't like was that my mom's usual answer when I asked for something was to wait until my birthday or Christmas, which was frustrating if it was spring.

9. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

Mine is December 29th. Everyone was either out of town or partied out (or prepping for NYE)... so mine was always low key. I would get toys/fun stuff for Christmas and clothes for my birthday... and clothes I knew about already because my mom would take me to the after Christmas sales to get them. I have to find (and scrap) the photos of sullen 6 year old me standing on the hearth with a party hat on my head, modeling my new outfits for my grandparents and aunt.

bestcee likes this.
  10. AnneofAlamo

oh you made me snort..sullen! bhahahha

tkradtke likes this.
  11. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

Sorry I missed the chat, but I was on Chauffeur Mom duty! Off to do my page.

12. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

13. rchansen

rchansen in the sweet tooth recovery program

So bummed I missed the chat. Hoping to have time tonight to play with this challenge!!

14. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

Darn I missed it, but will be making a page soon. :D

15. BevG

Oh Cath - It is adorable!!! You can just see the family love oozing out of that photo.

16. BevG

And little you has some great curls going on there. @Cath_

17. Cath_

Cath_ In my polka dot dress and apron

I removed, so no send me a coupon... i not gonna redo

18. jang

jang Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

Thanks for the fun SS. Sorry I missed the chat. I stretched out on the sofa for just a second and the rest is history. Journalling is in the gallery. Here's mine:
    [​IMG]

cookingmylife and LoveItScrapIt like this.
  19. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

20. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

I'll share the story here:
    Nana was a nurse until we were all adults. One thing she always made sure of while we were growing up was that we went to the doctor for our shots. Even sometimes bringing the needles and meds home. We had every immunization we needed and some just as a precaution. I’ll never have to worry about Hep A or B or C for that matter. But it also ensured that I’d never be afraid of needles. When I need blood drawn I’m not squirmish or have to turn my head.. Being poked doesn’t bother me like some people. I wasn’t scared to pierce my own ears when i was 13. And seeing blood doesn’t faze me one bit. I have your Nana to thank for that She has always been a great caretaker. When you guys get sick I call her first and run down your symptoms. It’s saved us a few doctor visits. Even though she isn’t nursing anymore, she’ll always be my personal nurse. - May 2017 (photo from Easter 1988)

and here is mine.
    [​IMG]

cookingmylife and BevG like this.