MOC2018: Rules and Guidelines

Discussion in 'Month of Challenges 2018' started by mrs2a50, Dec 24, 2017.

1. tam65

tam65 Break out the lawn mower!

sorry wrong spot

Last edited: Jan 2, 2018
  2. Genniejoy

Genniejoy Well-Known Member

You're awesome! Thanks so much! I mentioned that I used the paint thing twice in the first one (Challenge thread I think), I edited it. I think you are right, it will look like only 5 elements otherwise. I really appreciate your help. I think I did it all correctly now. :) It's Tuesday night here now, so I'm waiting for the next challenge! Love holidays!

bestcee likes this.
  3. ElizabethW

ElizabethW Pledging to lambda lambda polly

Probably a dumb question...is meeting the 75% TLP requirement as simple as just counting the number of elements. Example: If I make a page with a piece of TLP paper, 2 TLP elements, and one non-TLP frame, have I met the requirement? (This is an oversimplification! I would have a lot more TLP elements! Just trying to be sure I understand!)

Edited to add - never mind! - found the answer in the other thread, where I should have looked in the first place! Thanks!

Karen and bestcee like this.
  4. blueberries

blueberries Did I ever tell you I have a thing for snakes?

This one I'm pretty sure I can answer on my own but I'll ask ahead of time in case I want to use the kit.

One of my all-time favorite kits is currently offered for sale in the shop, but I bought it from a different site. Will that count for the 75% or am I better off not using it at all?

5. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

If it's in the Lilypad shop - it's fair to use no matter where it was bought!

And which kit? I love to be enabled!

blueberries likes this.
  6. blueberries

blueberries Did I ever tell you I have a thing for snakes?

Oh wow am I glad I asked! I'm trying to use valid kits only (so I only have to stress over getting the challenges right :-) and I was so bummed when I realized I hadn't bought it here.

It's Forever Joy's Magic Moments.

Karen and bestcee like this.
  7. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I'm glad you asked too! That's an awesome kit! And totally valid since it's in the store!!

blueberries likes this.
  8. rlucasmn

rlucasmn Headed to Craigh na Dun... and beyond

I have a question about this rule:

3. Your pages must contain at least 75% current Lilypad product (currently for sale in the store).

What if the content was part of a TLP blog hop, AND you have the add on kits? For example, "All the Feels". Does the content count or does only the content that was in the free with purchase add-ons count?

9. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

All the Feels part 2 and part 3 are available for sale in the shop as well as the individual add ons, so everything in those collabs count as current. Hope that helps (I can't remember which parts were part of the blog hop).

https://the-lilypad.com/store/-COLLAB-All-the-Feels-Part-Two.html
    https://the-lilypad.com/store/COLLAB-All-the-Feels-Part-Three.html

rlucasmn likes this.
  10. KimJ

KimJ Did you check in the refrigerator?

@rlucasmn Adding on to what Karen said, for the last several of these big hop/free-with-purchase collaborations Part One has been the collected blog hop contributions, which is only in the store for a short time, but the designers have the option of adding their hop contribution to their own shop after the initial promotion is over. For example, I did a quick search on All the Feels and found 9 other packs available in the shop besides the Part Two and Three collabs, so what you want to use may be there. :) As long as it's in the shop now, it counts towards that 75%, regardless of where you got it. :)

11. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Thanks for that clarification Kim. :) I thought that part 1 was in the shop at one point, but didn't find it when I searched and was confused. Then I saw some of it as separate add ons. :)

KimJ likes this.
  12. KellyM

KellyM Kickin' cancer's butt!

Got it. Great guidelines. Thank you!

13. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

I see some layout gallerys for MOC6 are not reflected as User name layout's as per item #7

mrs2a50 likes this.
  14. jesskab

jesskab Watch me sizzle & twizzle

Something feels weird about the rules this year. I've messed up on 4 challenges & I haven't done that before. Is it just me? I think there's some disconnect in my brain. Like, if it doesn't say the rule in their initial challenge, I'm not connecting to the rules written below. Maybe it's just me, just putting it out there. 4th MOC & I've never felt more like just packing it in.

15. KimJ

KimJ Did you check in the refrigerator?

@jesskab (((hugs))) Jess. I'm so sorry you are feeling frustrated. :hug

In general, the introductory part of the challenge post is the host's attempt to explain the spirit of what they are looking for, while the recap farther down emphasizes the concrete things they will be checking. The hosts do the best they can to make sure they are being clear, and they do get feedback on their wording/content before posting (some have been revised several times), but with over 300 individual scrappers actively participating, there are bound to be things that are interpreted differently. Maybe it would help you to read the recap rules first, and then come back up to read the intro with those rules in mind?
    You're almost there now, Jess! You can do this! :cheer :yourock :luvya

bestcee and jesskab like this.
  16. Amy McScrappin

Amy McScrappin Member

Hello, i’ve Looked around but can’t find anything on this. When will the prizes be given for participation in the Moc 6 Challenge? Thanks!

17. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

I think it's once all has been tallied and checked by Julie. That might be closer to the end of the month - I think there are over 300 finishers. There is a chat in early March or late February that will reveal any guests or who won the Polly spot! Julie can give a more specific answer though. @mrs2a50

Amy McScrappin likes this.
  18. mrs2a50

mrs2a50 Pretty much the best.ever.

Hi Amy! Laura and I will hold a chat to wrap up the event and reveal the new Polly. Shortly after that the gift certificates will be sent out