MOC Q&A - Post your questions here!

Discussion in 'Month of Challenges 2018' started by mrs2a50, Dec 24, 2017.

1. Tedasgram (Ruth)

Tedasgram (Ruth) Active Member

Would someone be able to tell me how I link my layout from the gallery to the challenge thread? I gave it a try then wasn't sure which of the items on the right side in the gallery to use. Thanks so much.

2. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Absolutely Ruth!
    Here's a photo to show you which link to use!
    [​IMG]

Tedasgram (Ruth) likes this.
  3. Tedasgram (Ruth)

Tedasgram (Ruth) Active Member

4. Miss Becki...

Miss Becki... Active Member

Question from a first timer... I'm a little nervous about one of my pages that I've already created, that it won't "pass" the challenge. If a page doesn't meet the requirements, will someone tell me that in time for me to fix it, or will it be a surprise at the end of the month when I just don't "finish" the challenge?

5. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

oh please know, we are here to help, not to cause you to stumble. Each day's host is going thru the Thread of their challenge. They check, and will send a conversation(PM) to you if there is anything wrong. No news is good news. If you are not sure, just tag the host with the @ sign and their name and they will double check for you.
    Welcome to the Lily Pad, please let not your heart be troubled.

6. Miss Becki...

Miss Becki... Active Member

Thank you @AnneofAlamo ! I just read through this thread and realized this question has been asked three times now. *head desk* I apologize, but thank you for answering again so kindly! ;)

7. AnneofAlamo

Miss Becki... likes this.
  8. kimingvtx

kimingvtx I'll try anything once!

I had a layout yesterday -- Note to future self -- that simply would not reduce enough in size. I worked on getting it to reduce for over 2 hours. Frustrated, I just made a new page with different elements and such. I don't know why this particular layout was being a pain! I always use the same action to resize for web but it would not resize enough. I tried Courtney's suggestion and it still would not adjust! That's the first time it has happened to me. So my layout for MOC 09 was done rapidly after 11 pm, but it got done and it got posted!

bestcee likes this.
  9. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

sometimes Kim if you use a lot of papers it will bog down like that... crazy for sure.

bestcee and kimingvtx like this.
  10. bestcee

That's so frustrating! Once I stamp the layer and pull it to a new canvas, if it's still being a brat, then I close my program and reopen it. I figure it clears the Gremlins. I've only had to do that once luckily.

cfile likes this.
  11. kimingvtx

kimingvtx I'll try anything once!

I did that. Restarted my computer too. Then I gave up. That's the only time I've had a problem -- hopefully no more!

bestcee likes this.
  12. nanascrapper

nanascrapper Well-Known Member

Have posted my page for the Day 10 Clean and Simple Challenge. I have used strokes on the picture and background strip paper. I have not allowed for this in my count of 5 elements. Is this OK?

13. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Hi there... I'm sure that Jen will check your layout and if there is any issue, she will reach out to you via a conversation. (Little envelope/inbox, top right of page). This way you can change it if needed! :) @jenevang

bestcee likes this.
  14. NancyP

NancyP All you need is a little bit of pixie dust

@mrs2a50 off the beaten track for a question, but can you tell me how to get a MOC sig from last year? I only have MOC 4 showing. In fact, I would like to get 5 and 6. Thanks, my friend!!!

15. mrs2a50

mrs2a50 Pretty much the best.ever.

@NancyP - I think the easiest way is to grab it from someone else who has one. I don't know if we have them saved anywhere, but I'll tag @lmccandless to be sure

16. NancyP

Wasn't sure if that was allowed. But if that's ok, that is what I will do. Thanks so much.

17. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

@NancyP here is last year's if you still need it.

MOC_5_bringit_zpszcxqtuww.JPG

bestcee likes this.
  18. NancyP

@IntenseMagic ok, you are talking to a tech dummy here----how do I get it from your post into my signature????? And I see you have MOC6 also. Can I snitch that one too????? HUGS!!

IntenseMagic likes this.
  19. AnneofAlamo

I would save image first @NancyP, cause if you hotlink it (save image address and then paste in yours) if she changes her siggy yours gets messed up.
    so save onto your computer in your growing TLP folder (signature folder) and then just add to your siggy.

bestcee likes this.
  20. bestcee

The Official MOC sig is fair game. The cool one that a few people made? Ask them first.