MOC Q&A - Post your questions here!

Discussion in 'Month of Challenges 2018' started by mrs2a50, Dec 24, 2017.

1. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

Here is a fairly basic video tutorial which may help you:

bellbird and Miss Becki... like this.
  2. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

My screenshot is PSE 14, but 12 should be the same, I know 11 was.
    Click on the move tool (it's the highlighted one). I have the bounding box selected, so those little corners on my layer come up.
    move tool.PNG

In PSE, once you click on one of those corners, the tool bar at the bottom switches to this. Under the width/height percentage, there is a box that says constrain proportions. On PSE it should be automatically checked. If it is, then the proportions should stay the same when you just move with the mouse. If you hold in shift, it will not constrain the proportions, and you'll get funky weirdness - short and fat, tall and skinny, etc.

Constrain Proportions.PNG

For some reason, Photoshop is the opposite when it comes to this! It only contains with a keyboard shortcut, or clicking a box each time.

Miss Becki... likes this.
  3. Miss Becki...

Miss Becki... Active Member

Thank you ladies... I started watching YouTube videos last night. I didn't find the info I was looking for yet, but I did find a bunch of other cool features, lol! I'm heading to work soon, but I will check out your suggestions when I get home. Thx for your patience and helpfulness. By MOC7 I should be good to go! ;)

HeatherB, bestcee, KimJ and 1 other person like this.
  4. lmuscarella22

lmuscarella22 Well-Known Member

Does the 75% lilypad products include just scrap items or is it the everything that ends up on the page? I painted a galaxy for my art doll page and I wanted to know if I could use a photo of it as a background and layer the scrapbook stuff on top of it.

5. bestcee

It includes everything on the page. But if you used the painted galaxy you created, and then all your other scrap stuff was current in the store, you should be fine for posting in the gallery.

For the Art Doll challenge, there are no photos allowed though. You may want to check with @MrsPeel to see if that would be considered a photo, or if it would be fine since it's a painting. Regardless, I hope you share it! That sounds amazing that you painted just for your art doll!

6. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

I had to make a change to a layout - while its correct in the gallery it hasn't updated on the forum - is this going to be an issue? If so, how do I fix it?

7. KimJ

KimJ Did you check in the refrigerator?

If you posted it in the forum using the code from your gallery post, it will update automatically on its own. It's just a temporary browser caching issue that makes it so you don't see the change right away. :agree

bestcee likes this.
  8. littlekiwi

Thanks @KimJ, hopefully it fixes itself soon so that my challenge is counted for day 28

9. KimJ

KimJ Did you check in the refrigerator?

@littlekiwi Here's what I see when I view your post in the challenge thread as well as your layouts thread. It matches what I see in the gallery. :agree

littlekiwi28.JPG

bestcee likes this.
  10. littlekiwi

awesome @KimJ thats all correct so its just on my laptop then that I'm seeing two different images

KimJ likes this.
  11. bestcee

Try pushing ctrl+F5. Usually that pushes a hard refresh, not the cache on your computer. And the most recent image.

KimJ and littlekiwi like this.
  12. littlekiwi

bestcee likes this.
  13. bestcee

I am techno master!

Sometimes.

In my dreams at least.....

littlekiwi and KimJ like this.
  14. littlekiwi

I thought I was as well til this morning when I thought my modem had died (its been on its last legs for ages now) til my mum rang me from work to ask if I had electricity as she works really close by.....uh....no, oh maybe thats why I have no internet! The power outage only lasted 10 or so minutes but I felt really stupid thinking no internet til tomorrow, need to go get a new modem etc etc

bestcee likes this.
  15. Miss Becki...

It's me again, with a new photoshop elements question, lol!

I have my triangle layout prepared in a 12x12 layout. I assume the next step is that I need to make a triangular mask to hide everything but my triangle- is this correct? If so, how do I create a triangular mask? :)

16. bestcee

I did it a little different. I made the triangle. My bottom triangle layer is a paper. So I clipped the paper to the triangle. As I layered things on, I selected the inverse of the triangle, and deleted what was outside it.
    To do that,
    Select the layer on your triangle.
    Ctrl+click on the triangle. You should see the marching ants.
    Select Inverse
    Press delete! It should delete everything outside the triangle.

17. Miss Becki...

OK... how do I "cut" my first paper into a triangle?

18. bestcee

You could clip it? (ctrl +G I believe is the shortcut) put your paper above the triangle. It should conform to the triangle shape.

19. Miss Becki...

Thank you, @bestcee... After I finally found the triangle shape buried WAY down in the pulldown options, I (sort of) figured it out from there. I never did get my triangle clip exactly the shape and orientation that I wanted, but I did GET a triangle shape, so... success! ;) Thank you for your patient help!

Last edited: Jan 28, 2018
    bestcee likes this.
  20. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

@Miss Becki... I will share a video which I hope helps. You will need to merge all these layers you already have and then create a shape on a layer below that. For this challenge you then leave the background blank and flatten your image before saving for the web. You may want to keep a copy of your layered page in case you want to use it later as a proper layout for printing. So do not save the flattened image if you have not saved the PSD file first.

That one shows how use the shape tool and then this other one show how to clip your image to the shape:

Miss Becki... and bestcee like this.