MOC Q&A - Post your questions here!

Discussion in 'Month of Challenges 2018' started by mrs2a50, Dec 24, 2017.

1. Genniejoy

Genniejoy Well-Known Member

Oh, I think I found it, by accident! So ok, I haven't completely given up...yet! :)

bestcee and Mylinn like this.
  2. Genniejoy

Oh, YES, I see now! Thank you! I thought I had to click on the drop down and it wouldn't. I didn't realise I had to copy and paste into where it's to go. I will try it with #18! :) THANK YOU! :)

keepscrappin and bestcee like this.
  3. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I replace items. So, if there's a flower, I find a flower in a kit I'm using and replace it. Same for flairs.

You could clip papers to each flower layer. If you go that route, I suggest merging down the papers to the flower layers so you don't get a too big file!
    When I open the template in PSCC I go to the History Panel and press the Create New Document Button. It works the same as saving the template with a different name, but since I like to label the templates by year and photo, this works until I decide what photos to use.
    Document.PNG

Mylinn likes this.
  4. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

Mylinn likes this.
  5. bestcee

If it doesn't work, I recorded a video for you (and anyone else) if that's easier to follow!

bonnenuit and keepscrappin like this.
  6. Miss Becki...

Miss Becki... Active Member

I'm new to Photoshop... working on Sabrina's template challenge. I have everything in place, but can't figure out how to edit the journaling. I tried to add text, but it keeps writing on top of itself instead of wrapping. I've googled and can't figure this out. Can anyone help me? I'm on PSE12.

7. bestcee

You aren't doing anything wrong! Her text layer is not actually editable. So, just delete her layer and write there instead.

Miss Becki... likes this.
  8. Miss Becki...

Thx, @bestcee . I did delete her journaling box, but I must not be creating text correctly, the formatting is weird... Super tiny and it overwrites on top of itself (like 5 lines of text all stacked up in one line). :( I kept googling, but I couldn't figure it out!

bestcee likes this.
  9. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

Miss Becki,
    See if this tutorial is helpful :

10. bestcee

My guess would be your text palette. If you want to share a screenshot of it, we can try to help you fix it! Usually, it's the font size and the leading that are off when it writes on top of itself.
    The leading is the amount of space between lines.

11. Miss Becki...

@A-M Yes!!! That video showed me the two mistakes I was making... first, I didn't know how to use "paragraph text", as I was just naturally using "point text", and the leading was not on "auto", as it should have been. Thank you so much! @bestcee , thank you as well! :)

bestcee likes this.
  12. bestcee

@Miss Becki... I love how much you are learning and trying new things! I'm glad you got it fixed!

Miss Becki... likes this.
  13. Genniejoy

Every few days, like right now, when I go to upload in the Lily pad Gallery the link to upload button is missing! It's so weird. It's there again if I wait a day. Any idea why or how I can upload to there another way? Thanks.

14. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

What web browser do you use? that could be the reason that this is happening for you.

15. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

That is weird. Like Anne-Marie said, it could be a browser issue. Is it just the big Add Layout button? Can you still see Add Layout spot at the top? I highlighted it here...it does the same as the big one...

adsasd.JPG

bestcee likes this.
  16. Genniejoy

I can see 'Add Layout and click that and I get this, no button to upload it. 2018_01_22_12_43_44_Add_Layout_The_Lilypad.png

17. Genniejoy

It's only for the forum gallery, I can upload to the other two places, but I cannot figure out how to upload it from either of those to the main one. It comes back after a day or two and then after another few days disappears. You'll see my Challenge 21 in the other two places. So weird! (And a bit frustrating!)

18. bestcee

@Genniejoy In your screenshot above, you haven't picked a category at the top. Until you pick a category, there's no upload button.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  19. bestcee

If you don't pick something in that top spot, then it won't show the pink button. Does that help?

gallery upload button.PNG

Last edited: Jan 21, 2018
    IntenseMagic likes this.
  20. Genniejoy

Hi. Yes, I know, I realised that after I posted but I had to take my son to an appointment and didn't have time to redo the screen shot. I DO click on that usually. It's more my computer and browser probably than anything. It's working now. We'll see how it goes tomorrow.

bestcee likes this.