MOC Guidelines - Read me first!

Discussion in 'Month of Challenges 2019' started by mrs2a50, Dec 31, 2018.

1. mrs2a50

mrs2a50 Pretty much the best.ever.

Below are some guidelines to help you navigate MOC and ensure that your pages hit all the hot buttons so you can collect your $20 at the end of the event!
    1. Your pages must conform to the guidelines of each challenge in order to qualify as completed. Please read the challenges carefully and make sure your page follows the guidelines of the challenge. We want you to enjoy the process and love your pages, but these are supposed to be challenges that take you outside of your comfort zone. It is important that your page comply with the spirit of the challenge. If you have any questions, post in that thread or message me or the host.
    2. Your pages must contain at least 75% current Lilypad product (currently for sale in the store). Please check the store to make sure your product is still for sale before using it. Since last MOC, Amber LaBau and Dawn Inskip's products are no longer available in the store. But we've added some other wonderful designers' products for you to use!
    3. Your pages must be newly created specifically for MOC . You must have a different page for each challenge; you cannot use the same page for more than one challenge.
    4. Each day, a new challenge will be posted in the MOC 2019 Challenges forum. Challenges will be posted between midnight and 8:30 a.m. eastern time, depending on the location of the host and their real life commitments. Please be patient - the challenges will be posted daily.
    5. For the journaling challenges - if your page is not in English, we ask that you translate your journaling to English and post the translation in your gallery credits. If your journaling is sensitive and/or personal, please message me or the challenge host directly to discuss.
    6. Journaling challenges are meant for telling stories. Please read the guidelines carefully for word count requirements. All of the journaling challenges will require complete sentences to qualify as complete. Word art will not qualify toward your word count, and you cannot use the same word over and over . Again, if your journaling is sensitive or personal, please message me or your challenge host directly to discuss.
    7. After you complete your first layout, please create a new thread in the MOC 2019 Layouts forum and post your first layout. The title of your thread should be “your username’s layouts” (for example – mrs2a50’s Layouts). Please use your username and not your given name (this helps with tallying at the end).
    8. The first post in your thread should be your first layout. Each additional layout should be a new post in your thread. If you complete all 31 layouts, you should have 31 posts in your thread. Please do NOT create 31 posts ahead of time and edit them as you add the layouts. Post as you finish each new layout. You do not have to post your pages in MOC order; if you do not complete each page on it's day, you can post your pages in whatever order you complete them. If you want to have your layouts in order, you can hold onto your layouts until you're able to post them in order. But PLEASE do not create "placeholder" posts in your thread to fill later.
    9. Please label your page posts with the date and name of the challenge (January 1: Blind Scrap). This will make the tallies at the end of MOC go much smoother and faster!
    10. If we have questions or comments about your page, we will contact you via conversation. Please make sure your notifications have been turned on. Your messaging settings can be found and edited under the General Settings of your User CP. Our messages are not meant to offend or upset anyone; we simply want to make sure that everyone is following the rules of the event.
    11. You will have until 11:59 pm eastern time, Saturday, February 2, to complete all your layouts. Everyone who completes all 31 layouts will be entered in a drawing for a full-time Pollywog spot on the Lilypad CT.
    12. Additional prizes: Everyone who completes all 31 challenges will receive a $20 gift certificate to the TLP store. In addition, each challenge host will choose one “favorite” page from their daily challenge to receive a $3 gift certificate to the store.
    13. If you have any questions you can post them in the Q&A thread HERE, or in the individual challenge thread, or you can message me or the challenge host. You can also check the MOC How Do I? thread for some common questions we've had in the past (it will be updated as we go along)

Above all else: HAVE FUN!

2. lmccandless

lmccandless The Force is strong with this one. Boss of the Applesauce

Julie has shared with you all of the "technical" rules associated with our Month of Challenges. I also want to share a little bit about our heart for MOC in hopes that you will embrace it as part of the guidelines.

MOC has become our very favorite event at The Lilypad. It's one where community and creativity come together in the best possible way. We know that you will scrap great layouts this month. We also know that you will come up against some challenges that are "hard" for you. We ask that you approach them with a spirit of positivity and openness. Remember that our team has put so much time, dedication and love into making this event possible. So, try to keep in mind who is on the other end of those challenges. They are real people, just like you. :)

We also have team members around the world, in many time zones. We ask for your patience when a challenge isn't up quite as early as you were hoping. We do our very best to get the daily challenges up at a consistent (and early!) time but ask for your grace if it isn't.

Challenges aside, one of the best part of MOC is sharing this hobby with each other and growing in friendship with other scrappers. We hope that in addition to finding ways to stretch your creativity, you make meaningful connections with members of our community. TLP is full of so many kind, beautiful people. You are one of them! Please interact with each other, the team and the staff in a way that honors that sense of community. True community is a rarity in digi-land these days but it is something that we are proud to cultivate here at the Pad. We hope you find as special as we do.

One of the questions I am often asked about is the Polly spot that is given out after MOC. All of the hows, whys, etc...really boil down to one thing: passion for scrapbooking and for community! That's the very heart of MOC.

So, welcome to MOC7 and here's to a great start to 2019! Wishing you all lots of love and scrapping mojo!!

3. frani_54

frani_54 Well-Known Member

Thank you for sharing your heart with us about the community and the what the MOC is for. I have to say that since I came here back in August, all have been kind and generous in giving my pages love and support each time I posted a layout. Looking forward to doing the challenges, but also looking forward to the friendships that will be formed during the month.

lmccandless, KittyY, cfile and 6 others like this.
  4. KellyM

KellyM Kickin' cancer's butt!

Sounds great! Thanks for all the great info!

KittyY likes this.
  5. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

So excited for this month!

6. Trish

Trish Well-Known Member

This will be my first MOC since becoming a part of this wonderful digi community in March. I am excited and nervous at the same time but I know all the fabulous people here will be encouraging and helpful. I am so glad to be here. Thank you for explaining the heart of MOC.

mrs2a50, bestcee, cfile and 1 other person like this.
  7. breeoxd

breeoxd CT - Krista Sahlin

Thanks for all the effort you and the team put into this- it's really a treasure for the community!

mrs2a50 and cfile like this.
  8. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

I love the MOC .. since the very first one, I met some very wonderful scrapping friends and we have been friends ever since!! Like Laura said, the Lily Pad is really is a wonderful place to be. I am so glad that you are all here!! I look forward to seeing your pages and welcoming and meeting all the new friends!!

lmccandless and breeoxd like this.
  9. LisaDV

LisaDV Member

This is my first MOC. I'll be revisiting these rules, I'm sure, throughout the month. Thanks.

bestcee likes this.
  10. bestcee

bestcee Lorelei and Rory are my neighbors

Welcome! I hope you have a blast participating in MOC!

LisaDV likes this.
  11. JenniferJ

JenniferJ Ain't nothing that a Krispy Kreme can't fix

This is like my third MOC and I always learn so much about scrapping and so much about myself and the limits I set on myself without even meaning to. MOC yanks me out of my comfort zone and I look so forward to it every year! Thanks for hosting it! Now let's get busy! :byay :funfun:byay

cfile, bestcee, mrs2a50 and 3 others like this.
  12. KittyY

KittyY Who is Dol-say and Gab-anna?

wooodeeehooo! I love this time of year and seeing our gallery get FAT (instead of just my pants after the holidays lol)

Love seeing all the talent!

13. DigiGrace

DigiGrace Make mine a purple passion

This is my first MOC. Thank you for the MOC Guidelines and the heart of MOC community and creativity!

cfile and bestcee like this.
  14. jaharvey

jaharvey Well-Known Member

Oops, I must be one of those people who also puts together furniture without reading instructions ... I called my thread "Janice's MOC7 challenges" instead of "jaharvey's layouts". Is there any way to edit my thread name? Sorry for the inconvenience!

15. mrs2a50

mrs2a50 Pretty much the best.ever.

I can do that for you Janet, no worries!

16. EHStudios

EHStudios I am more clever than I think

I love this place deep in my heart & the first MOC is really what solidified that for me! This community is phenomenal and the creativity & love means the world to me! So happy to start MOC 7, (just a few days late!)!

lmccandless and bestcee like this.
  17. NancyP

NancyP All you need is a little bit of pixie dust

WOW, I didn't realize this was your first MOC, Grace!! Welcome! You will love it, or should I say, you already are from the gorgeous layouts I am seeing!! I saw one layout and knew immediately it was YOU!!!

bestcee likes this.
  18. docsheila1

docsheila1 Well-Known Member

This is my 3rd MOC, the first two I didn't complete but this time I AM DETERMINED!! For the 2 prior, I felt over-whelmed with my lack of ability and creativity. But this time I have learned to take inspiration from the community's lay-outs and am encouraged to let the "left side" of my brain take control and play! The support from the Pollys is amazing! I often have to read the rules 2-3 times, as I'm also one who tries to put furniture together without reading the instructions the 1st time through: I have also learned to "screen shot" so I have them on my desktop to refer to during each challenge:) Also, I cannot imagine the amount of work that goes with each of the challenges for the staff and so I send kudo's :goldstarsto them for the amount of time and effort they put into this challenging, but fun, month:funfun

mrs2a50, KimJ and bestcee like this.
  19. bestcee

bestcee Lorelei and Rory are my neighbors

20. Ferdy

Ferdy No.More.Chaps.and. Leathers!

I just wanted to thank you all for the hard work to give us a month full of fun and a friendly home, where we can not only learn more about our beloved hobby, but specially make friends from all over the world.
    I stopped scrapping for a couple of years and when I came back, I found MOC6 and decided to give it a try and then, I have found my way back to the Lilypad...so, again, thank you!!