MOC discoveries...

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by dvhoward, Jan 30, 2015.

1. dvhoward

dvhoward Don't bother me before 10am!

After doing 30 of the MOC layouts I have discovered that I use gray as a background paper A LOT! How about you? What have you learned about yourself as a scrapper or about the layouts you do?

2. Brandi

Brandi You're so fine, you're so fine you blow my mind

I tend to pick neutral backgrounds and use lots of paint splatters.

3. lorryfach

lorryfach Likes to be chauffeured

I usually do a LO in one sitting but I'm learning to save and walk away when I'm just not feeling it. When I reopen it later, I see it totally differently and I get new ideas. :)

4. thomsen

thomsen Olive Juice ...

I have discovered that I don't have to tweek everything to get a layout I'm okay with. Before I could move around an element forever to just get it right.

5. KarenC

KarenC CT - PRD

I use white a bg a lot. I think it's because I like to use lots of print papers and the white tones it down a bit.

6. mollyscraps

mollyscraps Feeding everyone's sweet tooth

Doing this many layouts in one month has honed my composition skills a bit. Also, clean and simple is achievable and gorgeous!

7. mollyscraps

mollyscraps Feeding everyone's sweet tooth

And I just learned something else... make sure you read the challenge all the way through!! :D

8. Brandi

Brandi You're so fine, you're so fine you blow my mind

I know right?!?!!!

9. Chey

Chey Well-Known Member

That I must really like yellow! :whistle
    And that I don't stray much from white backgrounds.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2015
  10. Karen

Karen Alarm off, brunch ON

I've learned that I really like to jam a lot of pictures onto one page! :giggle

11. twomoredays

twomoredays Her name is Rio and she dances on the sand

I like white backgrounds. I already knew this, but after doing a ton of pages and making myself choose non-white background occasionally... I like white backgrounds and I cannot lie.

Furthermore, I swing on a weird pendulum from clean and simple to eclectic, but I don't do clustered unless you make me. I might put a lot of paint and paper on there, but once there's like two dimensional elements on top of each other I'm done. Three? Hold up, y'all it's getting crazy in here.

12. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

ohh yes!!! this has been an amazing learning curve...I have discovered many things, one is that I was using black of dark backgrounds in my scrapping till the MOCs, and have leaned to white or o background paper at all (just paints) ....also the fact that making a page when you are told what to do can take me a whole day (as opposite to me being able to scrap 10 LOs a day when I'm scrapping one kit for CTs, or the regular challenges which are more generalized....

I have LOVED each and everyone of the challenges!!!! and finally, I'm about to discover how much I like (or not! :giggle ) pocket scrapping!!!!

13. MrsPeel

LOL too true...

I copy & paste the directions when is more specific as I have a neuro condition that makes me scramble things in my brain when I read, add the fact that, despite 20+ years of England, still takes me longer to read and process....copying & pasting is a must!!!! so I can look into the notes whilst making the page...my memory needs reminders constantly too (but that is just old aged and hyper medication!!!:giggle

14. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

I tend to use a lot of earth tones. I found this time the things I dislike were not as bad this time around as they were in the previous MOC years. I am a 3 time completer and I have enjoyed it every year. I was hoping for the book or movie inspiration and that never came to fruition and I was really hoping the PL was not going to poke it's head out, and boom last challenge the PL! Ha Ha... I overcame that too, but laughed as the thing I dreaded most was the last challenge!

I really loved playing and just being in my own world picking things from my stash. Thanks again!

15. meterr

meterr I think I can? I KNOW I can!

Since I did not have many kits to work with when this month started from the Lilypad shop ( I had like 7), I did use alot of the same colours, so I shopped several times during the month, added to my stash and found I reeeeeealy love shopping the Lilypad shop ALOT!!!!:stash

16. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

I love simple pages..... There I said it !
    Also I much prefer darker backgrounds, even though I make lots of light pages too.
    And I have made a promise to my self ,that I will use more fun techniques in at least 1 LO pr challenge month to "keep my hand in "
    I have enjoyed Moc very much, and loved the way the Lilypad always is full of life!

17. MrsPeel

ohhh yes!!!!!!!!!
    this is the only store where I LOVE ALL designers, each & everyone- Some are more tom my style (if I have one LOL) but I love every one...!±!±± the BYOC is awesome to build stuff too!!!!! and you have SOSN and...well, there is always a way to shop to our budget...welcome to the family!!!!!!!!
    :heartlub:heartlub

18. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

I like big photos and lots of them. But I already knew that. I also want to (need to!) fill up the whole page. The pages I like the least are the ones that look partially empty!

19. jaye

jaye My other car is a Zamboni!

I learned that I have gotten out of the habit of taking photos and when I do they tend to be with my phone as opposed to my camera.

20. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

yep - manything - for me, bigger is better (i hate squinting at tiny photos and elements); but less can be more (i can do single photo and non-photo even though i still try to use as many as possible almost reflexively); and i have discovered a ton of photos that i can't even remember taking when the kids were littler.... so i've learned to value our hobby/lifestyle more. And the comments etc here do make me appreciate this place more. *group hug*