MOC Day 10 Alpha Shape - suggestion

Discussion in 'Month of Challenges 2019' started by mrs2a50, Jan 10, 2019.

1. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

I have no clue Maureen. I need a big screen etc. I don't know even how to begin scrapping with an ipad as all my files are on my EHD! LOL I am old school!

2. Firstoscartgrouch

Firstoscartgrouch Well-Known Member

Thanks for all the ideas and explanations. I’m not sure if it’s me, or Affinity but it just seems cumbersome and time consuming in Affinity. And it was just my luck the four alphas I wanted to use were all on single sheets and not individual png’s.

Just to make the process even funnier tonight I did my whole page, then reread the requirements and hit the 1/4 page size stipulation and had to rework the entire page. Lol.

bestcee and cfile like this.
  3. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

I am sure your page will be great!

4. lou

lou Well-Known Member

Wow! Thanks for your comment! I completely forgot about the 1/4 rule too! I just ended up making the whole thing bigger and moving around the rest of the elements, not ideal, but I spent way too much time on working the alpha as it is...

Firstoscartgrouch and bestcee like this.
  5. bestcee

bestcee Lorelei and Rory are my neighbors

@lou @Firstoscartgrouch glad you reread the requirements and were able to help another scrapper out!
    I don't find it that time consuming in PS. Do you have PS? Or another program besides affinity? I'm wondering if it would be worth the time for you since it's difficult to do in the iPad affinity.
    I have actually gone through and taken single sheets and did what Christa showed above, and saved each letter individually. It didn't take long at all. I haven't run into the single sheets often.

Firstoscartgrouch likes this.
  6. Firstoscartgrouch

I only use apps to scrap.

bestcee likes this.
  7. KairynLisa

KairynLisa Wouldn't make it as a fighter pilot

I didn't like how mine came out... perhaps I will try again tonight since I'm all caught up with other challenges!

8. Li Li Wee

Li Li Wee I create my imagination

Affinity photo - erase background and cut the alpha.

9. Firstoscartgrouch

I was hoping there was an easier way.i had trouble shadowing when I had erased the rest of sheet.

Do you know how to brush paint an edge in Affinity?