MOC Catchup Support Thread

Discussion in 'Month of Challenges 2018' started by bestcee, Jan 26, 2018.

1. bonnenuit

bonnenuit Why do I always have to be Captain?

Totally doable! Cheering you on...

LynnG and bestcee like this.
  2. bjthomas

bjthomas We will rock you!

15 behind. And posting about this probably isn't helping in the creativity department :) IF I don't get them all done, this will be the first MOC in 5 years that I didn't complete :(
    I should be able to get most of them done, but the ones I'm most stuck on are:
    Dispersion - I'm too much of a perfectionist to just "wing it" and be happy enough to post it.
    Advice to your Future Self - NO clue where to even start!
    Scraplift Challenge - surprisingly, as this is usually one of my favorite challenges!

bestcee likes this.
  3. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Picture yourself in 2 years. What would you like you to know? Are there habits you are proud of and want yourself to keep working on? Is there school in your Future or a degree that you want to be using? Do you want your future self to seize the day and stop procrastinating? Are there things you want to be involved in that future self needs to work on skills to do?

bjthomas likes this.
  4. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

I was just going to work on the clip a photo right now!!

LynnG likes this.
  5. Dalis

Oh I like this advice, just keep it simple, think of a goal you have in mind and think how you can address it and word it as advice to the future self that will be doing it. How would your future self address the problem or the goal?

bestcee likes this.
  6. Dalis

BTW. I am so behind it's not funny!!!!

I am afraid of even checking out how many!

bestcee likes this.
  7. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

Starting to seriously run out of mojo and ideas and become overwhelmed with what I've still got to do

January 4: Change Your View (Photography Challenge)
    January 5: People-less Page (Photography Challenge)
    January 7: Collage-Large Number of Photos
    January 12: Throwback Photo (Photography Challenge)
    January 15: Filled Layout (Style Challenge)
    January 18: Recipe (Random Challenge)
    January 19: Clip Photo to Title/Alpha (Technique Challenge)
    January 24th - Pieces of Us. (Photography Challenge)
    January 29th: Creativity with Alphas (Random)
    January 30th: All in a Row (technique)

I do want to finish but with 3 days left (incl a 1/2 day I’m busy) Im not sure it will get done

8. julianz

julianz Well-Known Member

Only the last challenge to do. YAY! I have a lot still to post though.

bonnenuit likes this.
  9. weaselwatchr

weaselwatchr Viva, Las Vegas!

Hmm I have nine left. Work 13 hours today. So that’s out....let’s see my all-nighter will be Thursday after work I guess, lol

bestcee likes this.
  10. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

am I the only one sad about doing my last page for MOC? so much so, that I can't actually start it ... that feels really silly.

meterr, LynnG and bestcee like this.
  11. bestcee

Do it! Then go do a designer challenges so you don't feel it's over!

Angela Toucan likes this.
  12. littlekiwi

Really struggling on how to approach the filled layout challenge.....normally more of a white space simple scrapper

13. bestcee

Look through the thread! There's tons of ideas! Or, grab a filled template and go from there!

LynnG likes this.
  14. littlekiwi

7 to do, got ideas for most of them - filled layout and the alpha one im not sure about at the moment as I don't usually fill my layouts right up or use lots of alphas especially mixing them up, its just whether I'm a fast enough scrapper to do them all in the next oh 44 hours (if I've done the time conversion right)

bellbird and bestcee like this.
  15. bestcee

You go! Look how far you have come?!?!?! That's awesome Jennifer!
    The alpha one I did today - I was kinda dreading it too. But I grabbed an alpha pack with different alphas in it (I used Etc by Danyale's BYOC Weathered) and went for it.
    The filled you can do! Look through the thread, or at a scrapper that fills often! Or fill a page with a monthly round up of what you did this month.

16. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

Way to go! Does fast music help you be more productive? Sometimes that works for me (not quite Eye of the Tiger /Rocky style but similar)

17. meterr

meterr I've got ICE in my veins!

You can do it!
    I was five behind, and spent the weekend catching up. I put on a show I like, then later a 70s cartoon dvd ( it took hours to catch up!) but I did it. As soon as I posted my last catch up layout, it was after midnight, and a new challenge was posted! :cornfused I left it for the next morning.

bestcee likes this.
  18. Kat

Kat Seeking wine/shopping/teeth brushing support group

Well, I have 7 left... I should be able to finish I think. Depending on if I don't get stuck. I don't know why but this month has been very emotionally draining. I guess just the moving to England, leaving the dogs behind and problems at home, it's all just taken it's toll. It's been hard to push through and I've said I'm done trying about 1500 times now.

bestcee likes this.
  19. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Keep chugging along everyone, you can do it! Read the directions, make sure you are following the guidelines, fix errors, and be positive! You can do it!

Sunberry2 likes this.
  20. Sunberry2

Sunberry2 Full of secret tidbits

I'm also a mostly CS scrapper, but can venture into the "messy" sometimes (I love a splash of paint behind my photo grouping).
    For the filled layout, pile things on, save the jpeg and then go back later and take out all the stuff. Save this for your books/albums. The alpha mix can still be clean and simple, use acrylics, wire, neutral papered alphas. I saw several in the thread that were still clean or neutral with the mixed alpha.
    You can totally do this! The posted layouts don't need to be perfect, just posted on time. You can go back later and finish the page or add/take away what you need to make the layout you for your album. I learned this last year, just tossed my final 2 pages together in order to make the deadline. The one I would actually want printed, I went back and readjusted to my liking.