MOC Catchup Support Thread

Discussion in 'Month of Challenges 2018' started by bestcee, Jan 26, 2018.

1. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Anyone out there? I need support! And thought maybe we could support each other?

You don't have to share all the ones you are behind on. You don't even have to share what you are behind on. I keep getting distracted, and I really want to finish! So hopefully, this will give me the push I need! That whole public announcement thing.

I'll post which ones I'm behind on, and because I like to talk, I'll include why! I'm going to cross them off as I finish them. And if you have any helpful ideas on how to push through on my whys - I'll take them!

And please, share yours too! Let's motivate each other to keep going!

All caught up? Yeah! Cheering is welcome!

amien1 and jenn mccabe like this.
  2. bestcee

I'll go first:
    My name is Courtney and I have 4 layouts to catchup.
    January 23rd: Scraplift Challenge. I just can't decided which layout to pick! I get lost everytime I go looking....and then my scrap time is up! Done! I even videoed this one!
    January 24th: I took photos for this today! Just need to put them together. Done!
    January 25th: I'm letting percolate. Yep! That's my story and I'm sticking to it! Done! I videoed this one too!
    January 26th: I have an idea for this one! Well, 2 ideas really. So, I just need to stop playing in the forum and gallery and scrap it.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2018
    Serena and LoveItScrapIt like this.
  3. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

I'm cheering for everyone who needs encouragement. :cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer

I might have gotten today's layout done by now, but I got distracted reading through my old 1990's scrapbook looking for something to journal about. :giggle (Today's is the only one I haven't done yet.)

4. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

YES! So badly need this! If I get even half of what is on my list of MOC "still needs to be scrapped" done - I will be happy!

I just uploaded your Day 17 username challenge @bestcee -even though I started it about a week ago! So let's see ... I have to finish:

Day 14 Document you Day (I have the photos done! So that's a start!)
    Day 19 Clip a Photo to Alpha
    Day 20 Simple Template
    Day 21 Happiness Week
    Day 22 Mosaic Technique
    Day 23 Scraplift
    Day 24 Pieces of ... photo challenge
    Day 25 Art Doll

:dizzy Oye ... that's a lot of scrapping to do! But here goes ... :cheer

UPDATE:::
    and oh cr :beatp it's the 26th? I guess tack on this one too then! LOL

Day 26 Heritage

LoveItScrapIt and bestcee like this.
  5. bestcee

I love it! That is a good distraction! And now I have a thought for some more pages! But after MOC. Right? Right. Need to stay focused.

Angela Toucan and michelepixels like this.
  6. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

I was four behind this morning, but somehow I was able to get three pages done today. That's a feat in itself because two of them were journaling ones, and the other the art doll page. Those aren't easy for me to do, but I made myself do them.

Now I just have Day 24: pieces to do. I'm not in the mood to take photos right now, so we'll see what I can come up with on that one.

bestcee, Tree City and jenn mccabe like this.
  7. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

You can do it!
    There are 5 more challenges to be posted, but you have 2 days AFTER Jan 31 to post challenges. That means you have a WEEK to finish. Everyone, you can do it!
    [​IMG]
    (My daughter chose this one and wanted me to tell you that lol.)

bestcee, jenn mccabe and QuiltyMom like this.
  8. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

I'm impressed! That is a successful day!

QuiltyMom likes this.
  9. Coady

Coady Well-Known Member

I have so many that I need to finish and post!!! I'm determined to catch up this weekend. I feel like I am flooding the gallery with my layouts over the past 2 days but that's how far behind I am!!!

10. tammybean004

tammybean004 Well-Known Member

You ladies got this!!! You're almost to the finish line!! :byay:cheer

I wss behind three and got them all caught up today. Between this and CTing, I am a tad scrapped out.

11. sakura-panda

sakura-panda Well-Known Member

I've only completed through Day 12 -- I have Day 13 and beyond to work on!

I'm going to try to do one, possibly two tonight, and then *maybe* two or three tomorrow, which will bring me past the halfway point (of layouts), and not bad for only starting last Saturday! (All that in one week!)

My weekend won't be as open as it was last week, though, so I don't think I'll be able to finish as many this time.

And I need to hop to it if I'm going to finish one before the rest of my family comes home from their various activities! (My daughter is in her room, practicing her drums, while her dad and brothers are all *out* tonight. :))

julianz likes this.
  12. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I still have Day 24 to do because I need to take the photos.
    I have today's to do because I was just totally zapped this evening.
    But, I've had a nap and I'm settling in for a good 2 or 3 of hours of scrap time before I go to bed, so maybe....

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

13. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

Yeah, I am stuck on this one too. I love taking pictures but am not motivated for this one. I think because I want the story first and I am having a hard time coming up with one that I want to document.

14. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

This is going to sound weird, but in addition to MOC I did some other scrapping. I posted a couple pages here but most of them I just did in my album. It felt really good to just scrap without any rules or guidelines. That inspired me to do the MOC pages that were challenging me.

bestcee and QuiltyMom like this.
  15. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

I am soooo behind.....hoping to use the 6 hours of time I have today to catch up a bit (its a long weekend here but I need to spend some time applying for jobs)

I still need to do

Change Your View
    People Less Page
    20 photos - have photos just stuck on layout idea
    Throwback Photo - need to find ehd for that I think as it has my childhood photos on it
    Filled Template - this one scares me to be honest
    Filled Layout
    Recipe
    Clip Photo to Alpha
    Hunt for Happiness - I have an idea already
    Geometric
    Scraplift - have chosen the polly I want to scraplift, just need to decide on the layout
    Pieces of Us - need to take some photos for that and I'm not sure what photos to take yet
    Art Doll - This did scare me at first but if I view it just as a challenge for MOC I think I might be ok
    Tradition/Heritage - like the throwback photo challenge I need to find that darn ehd and also a kit for it as I know the story I want to tell

QuiltyMom likes this.
  16. QuiltyMom

I really have a difficult time making a page just to make a page. I've so many photos that need to be scrapped, that I'm very jealous of my scrapping time. While I can see the point of the challenge - and the pages I've seen have been amazing - I'll most likely file the page once it's been posted.

17. jwalls39

jwalls39 Well-Known Member

I'm 6 behind this year...last year I only fell back by 1 day...

Day 21 Happiness Week
    Day 22 Mosaic Technique
    Day 23 Scraplift
    Day 24 Pieces of ... photo challenge
    Day 25 Art Doll
    Day 26 Heritage

18. rach3975

rach3975 Well-Known Member

Can you switch out the photos for your own copy? Make a page that works with either the challenge photo or a set you want to document. I've done things like that for a few of the challenges--I'm like you and don't want to scrap a page that won't make it into my albums.

bestcee likes this.
  19. QuiltyMom

It is a good idea. I've thought about doing this, but I mostly scrap pages full of photos. Plain and simple, I take too many photos and can never seem to be caught up with what needs to be done.

20. bestcee

The advantage is with everyone posting like crazy, it looks like a river, not a flood! You keep going!

Wahoo! There's hope for me!

What's tonight for you? I'm going to get 2 done tonight. If not 3. But dinner first.

I get that. I totally came up with something though! I'm excited to see how it translates from my head to paper!