MOC 2020 - Q&A

Discussion in 'Month of Challenges 2020' started by mrs2a50, Dec 30, 2019.

1. KELLIE R GUZMAN

KELLIE R GUZMAN Well-Known Member

I literally forgot how to add the pic from the gallery to the threads with them linked. I did it day one and now I can't remember how... stupid chemo brain. I have tried all the links in multiple ways but can't figure it out. Please remind my stupid brain.

2. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

You can read the instructions HERE

bellbird, bestcee and KELLIE R GUZMAN like this.
  3. KELLIE R GUZMAN

KELLIE R GUZMAN Well-Known Member

Thank you a 1000xs

bellbird and bestcee like this.
  4. bjthomas

bjthomas We will rock you!

So.... for some reason, my layouts are super fuzzy when I upload them to the gallery. I've tried both FDD's save for web and Paislee's resize for web actions, but they aren't turning out as nice and crisp as a lot of the other images/layouts I'm seeing in the gallery. I can't seem to remember the old school/step by step method. Any advice/hints/tips? TIA :)

5. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Are you on a retina screen? I know that sometimes makes the screen seem fuzzy.

bellbird likes this.
  6. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I will export for web. Change the dimensions to 600x600 ( for square layouts). Then make sure it's close to, but under 250k.
    The action includes a sharpen, and I usually pick 40. When I do it without the action, I don't bother with the sharpen.

bjthomas likes this.
  7. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

They look good to me, like not fuzzy (except where I had a fingerprint on my screen but I cleaned it & looks good!

bjthomas and bestcee like this.
  8. bjthomas

bjthomas We will rock you!

@bestcee & @bellbird Thank you! I'll probably stick with my typical routine and just leave them as is. I don't think I'm working with a retina screen and as long as my layout shows up, I'm happy :)

bellbird and bestcee like this.
  9. rrred68

rrred68 Well-Known Member

I think I'm confused about linking to the gallery. I post my page in the challenge thread, then my layout thread and then to my gallery. Where do I put the link?

10. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

You don't HAVE to link your layout to the gallery, but it sure helps our hosts when they are checking your layout. You can totally upload your image to the threads as you have been doing. However, if you want to share your layout and it be linked for the challenge hosts, this is my method for sharing my layout

I upload my layout to the gallery. I copy the BB Code that you'll see to the right of your image after it's uploaded.

sharinggalleryimage.JPG

I navigate to the challenge thread and paste that BB Code, along with any other text I need to share. Once you press ENTER or POST REPLY, your image will show up!

Then I navigate to my layouts thread and paste that same BB Code.

Again, you are totally fine doing it the way you are, just sharing in the event that you want to try the other method. :)

By the way, your layout is so precious. He has such kind eyes, and I know you miss him a lot. Sending ((HUGS)) your way!

rrred68 likes this.
  11. SharLamb

SharLamb I should have been a Supreme

I'm not finding a solution to the download issue for the Stackables challenge today (1-6). My tracker says it's going to take over an hour for it to download. There has to be a mistake here. I've never had ANYTHING take more than a minute to download. Has a solution been found?

12. A-M

@SharLamb It is a large file - 271mb
    Do you have slow internet connection?

gonewiththewind likes this.
  13. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

@SharLamb I downloaded again to see if there was an issue with either zip provided (one zip has shorter file names) and both downloaded in under 20 seconds. Do you usually have problems downloading? If you don't, and your internet speed is pretty zippy most of the time, you might consider restarting your computer and/or modem and router. Also, didn't you recently update your OS? Maybe that's causing a problem as well?

I'm tagging @LynnG to see if she can provide smaller zips for you. Let's see what she says. If she's traveling and can't do it, then Lynn, please know I can help Sharron out for you.

14. SharLamb

Thanks Cheryl. I NEVER have trouble downloading. I didn't see your suggestion about rebooting (why didn't I think of that!) until after I got the png files and made the LO. All is well now. Thank you.

cfile, bestcee, LynnG and 1 other person like this.
  15. SharLamb

Super FAST connection...see above for good news! Thx.

cfile and gonewiththewind like this.
  16. cestlafranz

cestlafranz Well-Known Member

Hello, I feel like this is a real newbie question: Are we allowed to show the layouts on other social media platforms (e.g. Instagram) after sharing them here? In the guidelines it always says "Uploaded to the TLP Gallery (not an outside hosting site)" - so I was wondering whether that was just true for the initial post, i.e. don't link to an outside gallery in the comments thread, or whether we should not post outside at all.
    Many thanks for your help.
    Franzi

cinderella likes this.
  17. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

You can absolutely share all your fabulous layouts wherever you would like outside of TLP after you post them in our gallery and your threads. They just don't want to you initially post them somewhere else and link to those here in our threads. Make sense?

bestcee likes this.
  18. cestlafranz

cestlafranz Well-Known Member

totally makes sense. :) thanks for the clarification.

AnneofAlamo and Karen like this.
  19. dkane

dkane Well-Known Member

I had a message in my inbox that one of my challenges did not meet requirements. When I responded no one answered back. How do we resolve an
    issue if we get no response back? Thank you,

20. A-M

The response back to you may depend on where the host who contacted you lives in relation to where in the world for time zones. Also the said host may not be home or online to be able to respond straight back. Have you understood what they have asked you to correct on your challenge page?