MOC 2019 - Q&A

Discussion in 'Month of Challenges 2019' started by mrs2a50, Dec 31, 2018.

1. bestcee

bestcee Lorelei and Rory are my neighbors

Just video, no audio! Sorry. My child was talking the whole time. I followed the steps as written, and you can see where I play with the layer mask trying to decided how I like it because, like you found out, you can't see it with the mask.

slfam likes this.
  2. A-M

A-M Swirling & twirling in my red petal skirt

According to your screen shot you still have a layer mask attached to your photo... you need to delete that before clipping to the mask you added.

3. slfam

slfam Chocolate or vanilla? I can't decide!

Okay - so clip the black and white photo to the mask THEN add the reverse layer mask?

Going to watch the video... :)

4. A-M

No, if you use the purchase mask you no longer need to do the reverse masking. You just clip the black and white photo to the purchased mask. Make sure your coloured photo is lined up with your black and white photo so you can follow the other steps.

cfile likes this.
  5. bestcee

Because you are using the mask layer, you don't need the reverse layer mask.
    The mask layer is creating that effect for you.

cfile likes this.
  6. slfam

OOOOHHHH!!! You guys are saving me!!! Let me go see if I can do this now. :)

cfile, bestcee and A-M like this.
  7. slfam

Yay!!! I got it done! Thanks ever so much for everyone who helped me! @bestcee 2 questions: 1. Will that youtube video stay up because I want to re=watch it to learn to do the steps I skipped by using a clipping mask and 2. I see that you put a frame around your photo but all I seem to have are a few stroke options - where do I get frames?

cfile and bestcee like this.
  8. bestcee

1. Yes, it'll stay up.
    2. I used a shadow set from Fiddle Dee Dee Designs. What it does is add a stroke. When you add the stroke, it looks like a frame.
    This is the one I used:
    [​IMG]

9. A-M

@bestcee I just learnt something today as I have that set of shadows but did not realise there was one that added the stroke and shadow as I have been adding the stroke using effects and then needed to add my own shadow.

cfile and bestcee like this.
  10. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

I have PSe 15 as well as PS CC 2019.. regarding the reverse mask it is the same thing... what step are you struggling with?

The reverse mask.. select your layer... (see the layer palette with the b/w photo) highlight by clicking on the layer. Now holding down the alt key on the keypad, and clicking with your mouse on the rectangle with the circle icon [mask] at the top of the layer pallete it will give you the reverse mask in the layer pallet, (The mask is black which is reverse as it hides the image.) With your mask highlighted in the layer pallet, using a soft round brush in the black mask with foreground color set to white

psereverse mask.JPG

Select the layer in the layer pallet. Now hold down your alt key and click on the mask icon at the top of the layer pallete.. It is the rectangle with the circle. that will give you the reverse mask (black filled mask which hides the photo.)

Using the white forground color and a soft round brush or a water color brush click in the black mask and paint with the white paint using the brush to reveal the portion you want to blend into the background.

11. cfile

@slfam that is what the painting with the white brush in the black mask will look like in the layer pallet: upload_2019-1-4_20-50-41.png

and this is the result of painting with white in the black reversed mask to reveal the b/w photo:
    upload_2019-1-4_20-53-27.png

I hope that helps.

Thank you @A-M Anne-Marie and and @bestcee Courtney for your assistance. I hope @slfam this helps you. So sorry if I confused you.

12. slfam

@cfile Thanks for the additional explanation. There were a few sticking points for me; I didn't know that if we used a mask that we didn't have to do a reverse mask. I was trying to do both.:)

cfile likes this.
  13. cfile

I am sorry for the confusion and so glad that Courtney and Anne-Marie could help you while I was away :) Let me know if I can help you further!

slfam likes this.
  14. rach3975

rach3975 Active Member

I'm working on a page now that uses MPM-Memoir cards in the Project Life App. I assume that I should count and credit it as if I was using a non-TLP template, so 85% current TLP product, right?

15. mrs2a50

mrs2a50 Pretty much the best.ever.

Yes, that would be a good way to count it!

rach3975 likes this.
  16. meagan43

meagan43 Active Member

I am seeing some with the MOC7 image in their siggy. Is there somewhere that is listed? I just kind of made up my own words and threw it on my siggy. I tried looking around, but didn't see it. Or is only for Team members?

17. mrs2a50

@meagan43 - Hi Meagan; welcome to MOC!! Feel free to right click on the image in anyone's signature, save it, and add it to your own signature!

meagan43 likes this.
  18. Jazz2000

Jazz2000 Member

1st Time MoC here. Can I skip days but come back later (such as Days 1, 2, 3, 4, 7, 6, 5)? And do I post in my thread that exact same way as I finished the challenges? or can I post the days in straight numerical order?

19. mrs2a50

Hi Angi! Welcome to MOC! You can do the challenges, and post them in your thread, in any order you want!

20. Jazz2000

Jazz2000 Member

Thanks so much Julie for your super fast response!

Karen and bestcee like this.