Milkshakes | Pad Patter 9.12

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by IntenseMagic, Sep 12, 2021.

1. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Today is Milkshake Day and I know what I'll be doing later!! I love milkshakes.

Chance and I went to The Crazy Mason while we were at the beach and got those extreme milkshakes. I had a Thin Mint Shake and Chance's was Cookies and Cream
    IMG_5693.jpg IMG_5690.jpg

I'll be honest, I wasn't all that impressed for the wait and the cost (at least we got to keep the jar). It was just wayyy too much for me. I like sweet things in small doses, and I'd rather just have a plain old shake.

My favorite is chocolate/peanut butter from our local place and Dairy Queen had a Thin Mint shake that was really good, too!!

Do you like milkshakes? Favorite flavor? Whipped cream and cherry on top? Do you prefer to make them at home or do you have a favorite place to get them?

umyesh likes this.
  2. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

I haven't had a milkshake in over ten years since I became lactose intolerant. I use lactose free milk rather than a non dairy alternative so options at restaurants etc are non existent to me for any dairy beverage.

meterr and IntenseMagic like this.
  3. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

Wow @IntenseMagic ! Those are some serious milkshakes!

I actually love a strawberry milkshake from Whataburger.

There was a banana milkshake at Sonic that I liked for a while.

Mmmmm, now I want milkshakes. LOL

IntenseMagic likes this.
  4. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Oh wow Jan - that's a milkshake if I ever saw one. I actually like Wendy's Vanilla Frosties - I know, I'm very boring.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  5. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

Those shakes look amazing Jan!

The best shake I had recently was a horchata Oreo shake from Del Taco. It was sooooo delicious! Perfect amount of cinnamon and Oreos.

I also love Arby’s mint chocolate shakes so I need to try the DQ thin mint one! DQ brownie batter blizzards were my go-to in college.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  6. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

You know I love milkshakes, but I love even more coffee with ice cream! YUMMY OH!

IntenseMagic likes this.
  7. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

I don't order milkshakes very often but I'll eat just about anything if it has chocolate in it!

IntenseMagic likes this.
  8. LivyBug

LivyBug I should be considered yarned and dangerous.

I've gotten one of those over-the-top milkshakes before, and they're not worth the hype. Ours became a mess lol.

I like Chick-fil-A, Whataburger, and Sonic milkshakes. I tend to like strawberry or Oreo flavor!

IntenseMagic and Dalis like this.
  9. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

Chocolate double thick for me.

I know we can get freak shakes, but I agree with you, too big - too sweet.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  10. zakirahzakaria

zakirahzakaria Making to-do lists CHECK. Checking to-do lists...

Wow, those shakes do look like too much! I prefer less sugary drinks too, currently cutting down my sugar to 2 teaspoons per mug of coffee or tea. As for milkshakes, I like chocolate or vanilla milkshakes. Not really adventurous with the flavours!

IntenseMagic likes this.
  11. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

Bianca is a Chick-fil-A Oreo shake lover!

IntenseMagic likes this.
  12. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Holy cow! Those milkshakes are insane! All I could think of when I saw the pictures though was... man, I'd be wearing most of that by the time I managed to finish it! :giggle

When I have ice cream treats, I prefer blizzards, but when I do get a shake, I love a good banana shake. Yum!

IntenseMagic likes this.
  13. Memaw2Wm

Memaw2Wm Well-Known Member

I'm a plain ole chocolate shake girl. I do like whipped cream and a cherry on top. And I prefer an old fashion shake ... ice cream and milk whipped together in a metal cup, then poured into a milkshake glass vs. a machine made shake.

Usually though my "shake" is a "keychain" (aka child size) Frosty from Wendy's. I buy a keychain every year and get a mini Frosty for free with any order.

BITD when I worked at McDonald's they would occasionally have banana or mint shakes ... I liked to mix one or the other with chocolate. Yum!!!

IntenseMagic likes this.
  14. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

Good old soda fountain shakes. They were the best.

Honestly I don't drink many milkshakes any more but if I do it is just plain old chocolate. We have a restaurant in our area that has Frosties like Wendy's and I always get one of those when I go there. IMO, their frosties are better than Wendy's but I do like Wendy's as well. In fact, this place was the inspiration for Wendy's according to Dave Thomas, founder of Wendy's. Kewpee has been around for over 90 years and in it hey day had over 400 restaurants. I believe there are only 5 now... 3 in Lima, Ohio, 1 in Racine, Wisconsin and 1 in Lansing, Michigan (although it is not called Kewpee).

IntenseMagic likes this.
  15. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

Those milkshakes are a bit over the top -- I would have to share for sure!

Our favorite milkshakes are at Cook-Out. They have 40 flavors and you can mix up to 3 flavors in one shake. They use real ice cream and real add-ins. So when they have pumpkin pie, they add in slices of pumpkin pie. They are about 700+ calories each so I try to limit myself to how often I get one - or I try to split one with someone. It has been about 4 months since I had one. Maybe soon??

Favorite: chocolate fudge peanut butter banana (yes, real hunks of banana). I also love the blueberry cheesecake because: real cheese cake in it. I also love the pumpkin pie one.

Bonus: Favorite Milkshake Memory. So when I was growing up, one or two of us kids would spend a week at a time with our grandparents during the summer. We lived for the day when my grandfather would say: I think these kids need a milkshake. Then he would go to the store and bring home the makings. My grandma had a stainless steel shaker and she would use it to make all of us milkshakes. Nothing like it. Us kids knew it wasn't about us - Grandpa was the one wanting a milkshake, but we got to share his pleasure. He also thought we needed root beer floats from time to time.

Memaw2Wm and IntenseMagic like this.
  16. Iowan

Iowan Is this heaven? No, it's Iowa

I rarely buy milkshakes but do like them. The last one I had was a McDonalds green shake at St. Patrick’s day. It was ok.
    I make chocolate malts for the grandkids which are always a hit. I think the malt flavor really adds to the taste.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  17. IntenseMagic

Aww What a shame that there's not something that would be similar!

Oooh I really like banana shakes, too! I haven't had one in years and years! I think I need to remedy that!

Nothing wrong with a good Frostie!! :)

Oooh that horchata Oreo shake sounds good! And yes!! I love Arby's mint chocolate shakes, too! Thanks for reminding me! I haven't been to Arby's for a while!

Coffee with ice cream...yum!!!!

Haha I don't get them very often either, but every once in a while I really get a craving!

Nope, not worth the hype at all. They are just too much! Oreo shakes are Chance's very favorite and he loves Sonic!!

Yes!! I love them thick!! My dad always ordered his really thin and it just never made sense to me lol.

gonewiththewind and Dalis like this.
  18. IntenseMagic

Definitely too much!! I don't do sugary very often, but sometimes really get a craving!

Chance loves the Oreo shakes at Chick-fil-A, too!!

I love banana shakes and I haven't had one in years!! I really need to get one soon!!

I have the keychain, too and always forget that I have it lol. I have one of these that I love for making milkshakes at home :):
    milkshake.JPG

That's super interesting! I do love a Frostie!!

I so wish we had a Cook-out closer to us. I love it!!
    Love your story!! Your Grandpa sounds like my dad! That's how shakes usually happened around our house lol.

I have never tried McDonald's green shakes and don't get their others very often. IMO Arby's, Chick-fil-A, DQ, and Sonic have better shakes. I really like malts as well!

Karen likes this.
  19. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

When I worked at McDonald's in the early 70's, I did drink the shakes because they carried Coca-Cola products and I was a Pepsi girl (still don't like Coca-Cola). Even now if I eat at McDonald's I will get a chocolate shake instead of a soft drink. But I can't remember the last time I ate there. I stopped getting fast food for dinner 14 years ago and found I saved a lot of money that way. Now the only time I eat fast food is when I travel which hasn't been much in the last 5 years! The McDonald's I worked at was torn down in 2014 and a bigger one built and I have never been in it!

20. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

How do you even eat that! I would totally eat one though. They look amazing.

I'm not really a milkshake girl. I do LOVE ice cream but I want big, yummy chunks in it. I'm more of a blizzard fan.