Migrane or worse or.....?

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by chickypow, Sep 27, 2016.

1. chickypow

chickypow All I need is my gun, and my blankie

Hey, I can't get into my Dr. today but am going to go to the hospital when my parents are back and can pick me up.

I thought I'd ask for opinions while I wait.

I've never had a migrane so don't know if this is one...but I've had this stabbing pain above my right eye, kinda right above my nose / right eyebrow for like 4 days now and it keeps getting worse. It's even tender to touch and I haven't bonked my head. Advil and tylenol barely touch it and today it's throbbing so bad that sometimes it's hard to breathe.

Does this sound like a migrane?? I'm definitely getting it looked at today but I'm kinda freaked out.

2. lmccandless

lmccandless The Force is strong with this one. Boss of the Applesauce

It sounds like a sinus infection or maybe a sinus migraine. I would try some decongestant with Advil.
    Hope you feel better soon!

enjoyyourpix, chickypow and Danyale like this.
  3. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

I am not a doctor, although I have played one in a skit...but I was going to say sinus also.
    I heard once that if you shake your head and it feels like it is gonna explode it is sinus!
    A hot compress may help the pressure, and a hot shower.
    I am a big believer in Netti Pots too...[​IMG]

then I could be completely wrong and so hope you feel better dear girl!

enjoyyourpix and chickypow like this.
  4. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

I would definitely go to the Dr... a migraine should not be lasting 4 days. Mine I get (not violently ill as some get) and they usually are 3 days.. light the first day hurting bad the second day and lighter on the third. ... I too get the headache behind the right eye and sinus area... also cold pack while you are waiting for your parents.. caffeine is good for migraines too. I hope it is just a sinus infection or they can give you a shot of Imatrex at the ER/DR to help. Feel better.

5. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

Sounds like you have some good advice. I agree that a migraine shouldn't be lasting 4 days. I hope you get some relief! Hugs!

6. carilyne

carilyne It's only impossible if you think it is

Sounds like sinus to me but either way definitely time to have a doctor check it out. Sensitivity to light was what always told me it was a migraine. Sorry you are feeling so ill. Keep us posted.

7. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

I agree with Laura. I get these often. Advil and Tylenol do nada. I take something along the lines of Sedafed PE ... for pressure and pain. (Relief for sinus pressure and congestion & for Sinus Headache). They have Non drowsy formulas. I can usually tell it is sinus related bc when I bend my head over (or forward) the pain increases. But I have family that don't get that symptom as bad as I do. Good luck ... those headaches are truly horrible.

8. PLM

PLM I know there's something in the wake of your smile

Same here, I think it's a sinus problem. But that stinks as well!!! :td
    I hope your doctor was able to help you with some powerful and fast medicin!

9. amandac

amandac Read, or Run? Hmmm ...

I'm no doctor but it definitely sounds like sinus pain to me Erin. I get migraines and those headaches (for me anyway) normally last 2-3 days and come with a lot of other nasty stuff (vertigo, visual distortion, metallic taste, slurring speech, nausea, photo-sensitivity etc etc). Sinus sucks though but you can so some stuff to relieve it at home like steam baths (with some menthol or Vicks if you have it in the US), warm damp cloths for your face and pain killers to hold you over until you can see the doctor. Good luck hun, hope you feel better soon.

10. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Ugh! I'm so sorry for you! I hate headaches and worse when it just doesn't stop! I hope you get some relief from the doctor.

11. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Oh no... I hope you got to see the doctor and get things checked out. Like most, sounds like sinuses. Hoping there is relief in your future. Keep us posted!

12. KatrinaHunt13

KatrinaHunt13 And *POOF* it appeared!

OH ick...I HATE headaches and it does possibly sound like sinus induced. But there are different types of migraines also. Let us know what the dr. says. Hopefully you are getting some relief and rest. I heat a wet washcloth in the microwave for a couple of minutes and then put it in a towel to hold it to my face and breathe the steam. Carefully, it's really hot when you pull it out of the microwave though and you can get a steam burn...don't ask how I know!

HUGS!

13. StarryEyedDesigns

StarryEyedDesigns My goal, is to make a goal

Sounds like possible sinus pain, or it could be an ocular migraine. Hope you get it taken care of!

enjoyyourpix likes this.
  14. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

just thinking of you Erin and hoping you were able to get some answers and most importantly that you are OK.

cfile likes this.
  15. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

That sounds awful! I sure hope you were able to see a doctor and that you have some relief by now!

16. chickypow

chickypow All I need is my gun, and my blankie

Spent 8 hours at the hospital. 6 of them waiting ugh. Had a CT scan as I had zero symptoms of anything except the headache. My family has a history of aneurysms so it was concerning. Turns out you guys were right and it IS my sinus. Thank goodness. I was pretty freaked out. One sinus is completely blocked. Got nose spray and morphine pills. I don't like narcotics but oh wow it feels good not to be in pain. Hopefully the nose spray works fast and clears it out. That was scary!

enjoyyourpix, cfile and KatrinaHunt13 like this.
  17. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

Hoping you have been able to see a doctor and feeling better but my vote is sinus. If you put your head down as in tying shoe laces, and you feel like your head will explode, it's probably sinus. Also if someone sniffs YOUR nose and it smells bad, that's another sign. I had a friend who had headaches and complained about a bad smell. Her husband ended up being close enough to her nose in bed and....there was the smell! a sinus infection.

eta we crossed and glad you have answers!

enjoyyourpix likes this.
  18. mimisgirl

mimisgirl It's all about ME!

oh Sweetie - that sucks either way. Glad you got it sorted and hope the meds kick in soon.

19. Tiff

Tiff I don't need no stinking playlists!

So glad you got an answer. The pain you were describing did sound really scary!

20. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

So glad you found out what the problem was. I have allergies that totally wreak havoc on my sinuses. Daily allergy meds keep it at bay and my sinus headaches and infections are much less frequent.

jenn mccabe likes this.