MID MOC Check-in and Challenge HELP!!

Discussion in 'Month of Challenges FIVE - 2017' started by mimisgirl, Jan 16, 2017.

1. elk2009

elk2009 Hello, gorgeous

I would have to agree that's its time...I have gotten behind twice and caught up...really don't like being behind, but #6 was a challenge for me...not so into mood boards really struggled to find what appealed to me (and what I had in my stash)...in the end I like my finished LO and I learned a few new techniques (which I always LOVE) but this LO took me 2 days to finish. I do skip around, but hate being behind LOL

mimisgirl likes this.
  2. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

This is my first MOC and I'm really enjoying it. Fortunately, I'm retired so time is plentiful! I've tried to keep January fairly commitment free each year as I like to have time to read and reflect in the winter. MOC fits right in with that and I usually get each page done each day. I'm not aiming for the perfect page!

There have been some challenges i didn't care for but hey...it's not like it's a BiG problem. I just do them and move on. And some pages i don't care for but I may or may not print them. I'm thinking of making a 8" album for all 31 pages so I probably will.

mimisgirl, Sokee and Neverland Scraps like this.
  3. tinkerbell1112

tinkerbell1112 Offical Ambassador of the Magic Kingdom

my new puppy is my biggest challenge!! She is honestly taking up a lot of time. That, and the fact that I only just got my scrap space back today. I scrap at the dining room table. We got new floors the week before Christmas and it's taken until this past week to get all the trim work done by the floor place. UGH. they were terrible. I was able to finally put all my china and glassware back into my hutch, which meant I could set myself up the way I need to be!

whew. so, I got caught up today (5 pages I believe if you count day 14 as 2!). And now i'm ready for the rest of the week!

mimisgirl and LoveItScrapIt like this.
  4. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

honestly right now my problem is life....my mum has had dental work done twice in the past week that had to be redone yesterday so i've become nurse, cook, cleaner, general dogsbody etc since last wednesday and she's not due back at work til saturday. I usually scrap/surf most days she's working so having her home 24/7 has been a challenge. Second thing is i'm also applying for jobs at the moment so any time i do spend on the computer is doing that.

5. Pallavi01

Pallavi01 You have that sharp, useless look about you

Hi Karen! I'm in Birmingham:)

mimisgirl likes this.
  6. JenniferJ

JenniferJ Ain't nothing that a Krispy Kreme can't fix

I really aint having problems with any of the challenges. My problem is I was down with bronchitus for a few days and oh me gosh I am BEHIND! I strive to get my bum caught up though! Having alot of fun!

7. weaselwatchr

weaselwatchr Viva, Las Vegas!

Time is a big problem for me too this year. The fact that I had to work twelve days in a row did not hep me at all. I am 8 layouts behind and did my first MOC page Saturday.

mimisgirl likes this.
  8. Cath_

Cath_ In my polka dot dress and apron

I caught up now, having a little hard time. Only messed up on two days, that needed to be redone (hehe one should read instrutions...)

mimisgirl and carilyne like this.
  9. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

I am all caught up and trolling the threads for the next challenge.
    I kinda cheated/worked backwards for the inspiration challenge, I had a creative team layout all done and then looked at the inspiration piece and pulled 5 things from it that worked. and Voila! All done and dusted.

10. Iowan

Iowan Is this heaven? No, it's Iowa

Were doing a major remodel and demolition started last week. This was really bad timing. My old photos are not accessible because we had to put tons of stuff in a pod for the durations of the construction. I know I will probably have the perfect photos for some of the upcoming challenges but won't be able to get to them. But, like a lot of you, life happens and we scrap onward.:compcoffee

mimisgirl and keepscrappin like this.
  11. Neverland Scraps

Neverland Scraps Always trust, never doubt

@tinkerbell1112 You got your puppy!! <3 Your floors, I'm sure they look nice! We're probably doing that this year too, the entire main floor and stairs to the second floor. But hubby didn't want to go the tile route, with where we live and cold floors, so we're back to looking at hardwood! I can't wait to hear more about your puppy though! Maybe you'll scrap a layout about the new addition this month!

It seems like everyone isn't having too much of a challenge with the challenges, but time, space, sickness, etc! I hope you all are able to find the time to scrap a few pages as well as all those who are facing all these sickness to get better once and for all--but please, keep it away from our home! <3

mimisgirl and tinkerbell1112 like this.
  12. fruitysuet

fruitysuet Well-Known Member

The main one I currently have a block on is the 8 o'clock photo one. My camera is really poor in low light which it is at either end of the day so I know whatever photo I take will be awful. Plus, ugh, just? I am at work at 8am and I am not sitting in an open office and taking a photo of my desk. Weekends are the time NOT to see 8am at all. That leaves 8pm and I'm usually in bed browsing the laptop, not at all inspiring.

The inspiration board was a biggie too. I waited ages and kept going through the thread to read what other people had pulled from it (to be honest, I didn't find the mood board visually inspiring at all), then I pulled a list of what others had been inspired by, checked back to the mood board then just made a page making sure to get in 5 inspiration points taken from other peoples lists. I the end I used a lot more than 5, but not all of those elements actually jumped out of me from the board provided.

The clean and simple ones, no journaling ones are always hard for me, but I just go with playing and not worrying about if it's something important I really want to scrap, I just see them as a hill to get over to reach the end.

The other thing is I am so emotionally drained at the moment, both my parents and my MIL have health issues that are sapping my energy physically and emotionally. I'm just in a bit of a down at the moment. Honestly, if it wasn't MOC I probably wouldn't be doing ANY scrapping apart from minimum CT requirements. So I do feel for the rest of you who are enduring similar.

mimisgirl likes this.
  13. jwalls39

jwalls39 Well-Known Member

um....my biggest struggle is trying not to buy everything I see

gwtwred, AliSarah, mimisgirl and 2 others like this.
  14. Sokee

Sokee What we do in life echoes in eternity

sorry to hear about your parents & mil health issues. Been there and it isn't fun!

If the 8 o'clock is the one your having troubles with just take a photo of your computer at night and put a title like 8pm blues.... and just journal about that....

mimisgirl likes this.
  15. Sokee

Sokee What we do in life echoes in eternity

This has been a good year for me. I'm on time each day with that days challenge. But I don't work outside of the house. I only have 1 child left at home and he is pretty self reliant. My hubby knows about this challenge and I just say "I need to go and work on todays challenge" The challenges that are more 'not my style' just take a little more time. But I ended up loving them! I am lucky enough where I can pull from my children's facebook photos and use those to tell my story. Last year was the first year I completed the whole MOC the years before that I always fell behind and just felt overwhelmed to complete them.
    I was worried as I had a new tower and software delivered last week, but I've been able to use it better than I though I might. That was my main concern for this years.

16. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

My biggest hurdle is also time. Even when I think I have a night at home my family actually wants to eat! Like every night! Weird! :giggle Then there's always cleaning up and dishes and then checking email and getting disctracted in the forums, etc. Lol! But, this weekend I have a friend coming over to scrap all weekend, so I should be able to get caught up and then I'll just have to STAY caught up until the end.

We can do this! Sometimes the pressure of a deadline is a great motivator to me... usually once I know I only have a short amount of time, I'm much better and just picking a kit rather than looking at ALL the kits to make sure I have the exact right one. If I get started, that's half the battle!

mimisgirl likes this.
  17. sberkan

sberkan Says "yes" to new adventures...

I think time and motivation have been my biggest issues. I haven't scrapped almost at all in the last 6 months and it's hard getting back into it. I want to, though, because I really want to get photos off my computer. I've also been trying to move more so that interferes with sitting at a computer :). My littlest also decided that last night would be a great night to throw up all night so....not fun. I'm still hoping to complete, though, even though I'm 10ish pages behind.

I'm also doing a lot of doubles even for challenges that don't require them because I'm trying to get books done. It's more time consuming - not in the scrapping but in the editing and placing of photos. (Thank goodness for @gonewiththewind Gotta Lotta templates!

mimisgirl and gonewiththewind like this.
  18. mimisgirl

mimisgirl It's all about ME!

Well You guys - I solved the 4 yr old problem - scrap about him! I made two today - well started - and just had him sit in my lap while I worked - using pictures of him kept him interested and he even told me stories that went with the photos - of course it was his birthday which was last week - so exciting stuff right!

And thanks for the ideas on the Inspiration - I think i was making it harder than it had to be - I was able to do a really simple one while little man rested.

I love seeing everyone talking and sharing here. Thanks for all the encouragement for each other!

19. mimisgirl

mimisgirl It's all about ME!

Well it seems like time is the biggest issue for most of us - REL LIFE - Geeze - why does that always have to get in the way, LOL!

@cookingmylife that is a great idea - a book to say - I DID IT! I have often thought of trying to make a series out of MOC or a book, but i have never really done it. My brain is to all over the place to focus for an entire month, lol! But just putting them all in a book - I could do that.
    @tinkerbell1112 I am glad they are done - I know that can be just crazy - and that you are caught up! YAY!
    @sberkan so sorry that your little came down too - UGH - no fun at all! I am with you, still behind, and getting more so, but Just keep trying. Even if we don't finish we will still have that many more memories taken down!
    @Karen lol, I know right! And then at 10 when there are all in bed I forget what I was wanting to do all day!! Lol!
    @Sokee Yay for new goodies - I am so glad you are able to keep up this year. I knew going in it would be tough for us, but hey, this is our life right now.
    @jwalls39 the STRUGGLE IS REAL!!! I totally hear you on that one.
    @fruitysuet That is hard! I am so sorry that all that is going on. I am the same way - when I am feeling down i really don't want to be on the computer and scrapping or keeping up with challenges is just not my thing. Hugs dear, and I hope things start looking up a bit for you. Don't forget to take care of you too though. You might be good at that, but I know when things get down the first person I forget about is me, and then things just get worse.
    @Cath_ I messed up a few of mine too - I read the instructions, but I did not go back and reread them before submitting - live and learn - now I do that each time, lol. you got this!
    @littlekiwi so sorry to hear that dear! It can be hard taking care of parents - just as much as children - or more sometimes. Hang in there. And good luck with the job search!
    @weaselwatchr Ack - that is not fun! But I bet you can get caught up - you are awesome at this! I believe in you girl!
    @JenniferJ Hope you are feeling better now!!

Karen likes this.
  20. Jan

Jan I'm sorry, I can't. I'm busy doing nothing!

My biggest problem has also been time. And I always have so much of it on my hands! How can that be? But we just got new computers at our house - sooooo exciting!!!! - and it has taken me a full week to get my new one up and going and the little quirks worked out, kits transferred to a new EHD and all. Blessings for which I am grateful. But it made it hard to scrap for a while there. And then there is the slump thing going on. And just feeling tired. BUT! I am trying to pick myself up and get going on it all. Love my new computer and how fast it goes. It makes working on it a joy.

The Inspiration Challenge was kind of a hard one for me. And here is one time not having enough time to scrap has been a blessing....I had time to THINK about several challenges during that week and time to decide what to do on them when things got back to normal again. So! No complaints. Anyway...the brick in those inspiration photos and the industrial look appealed to me. And as I thought about it the memories from a wonderful trip we took a few years ago came back and that's all it finally took for that page to take off and fly.

The Blind Scrap Challenge was probably the hardest for me so far. I struggled with finding all the elements I needed for that one. It shouldn't have been that hard. But it was. Since finishing it up though my friends have taught me a few things I didn't know about searching for the items I needed. So! We are good with that now. :)

It has been interesting. I'm finding that some of these challenges, for me, need to be two pagers! There is so much journaling I would love to do about the subjects I chose. So having to condense and leave things out of what I wanted to say has been hard. Maybe I will have to redo those pages. :)

mimisgirl likes this.