May | Pad Patter 5.1

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by IntenseMagic, May 1, 2022.

1. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Happy May!!
    [​IMG]
    (JT looks just a little creepy in that photo lol)

I think May just might be one of my favorite months, even if it is my busiest! All my flowers are popping up and my honeysuckle bushes are starting to bloom. The road to my house is lined with honeysuckle bushes and there is nothing like riding with the windows down and soaking in that scent!! We should be done with snow and finally not have to run any heat or air. We can open the windows, walk outside barefoot, and just not be so cooped up in the house. Birthday season will be starting for me soon as well. My daughter's is in May and both boys are in June.

Is there anything you are looking forward to in the new month??

2. rach3975

rach3975 Well-Known Member

April being over! (April and September are my busiest months.) My grad school class ends next week so I'll start having 2 weekend days again and my preschool year is starting to wind down. Things with family tend to be calm in May, too, though that may be different this year because my high school senior graduates in early June. We're also hoping to go visit my family over Memorial Day Weekend. I haven't seen most of them since December and my kids haven't seen them since August.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  3. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

Mmmm honeysuckle! I’m looking forward to my kids’ soccer being over haha

IntenseMagic likes this.
  4. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

I just the reset feeling of a new month.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  5. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

My first baby turns 21 this month! :D

6. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

Getting into my new schedule, that's all!

IntenseMagic and Angela Toucan like this.
  7. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

Community activities are starting up again post Covid lockdowns. I have two new activities to look forward to starting this month. Art Classes on Monday's and a low impact exercise classes on Fridays.

rach3975 and IntenseMagic like this.
  8. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

My sister's birthday is this month, and I love celebrating her. Also, there's Mother's Day, and I love being spoiled. LOL Other than that, I love knowing that there's only one more month of school to go, and then Daniel and I can enjoy sleeping in.

rach3975 and IntenseMagic like this.
  9. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I love seeing the grass finally getting green and all of the fun spring flowers popping up. My cherry willow tree is in full bloom right now too which is SO pretty! Jan, we had honeysuckle bushes at my parents house growing up and I loved that smell in the spring too!

IntenseMagic likes this.
  10. Memaw2Wm

Memaw2Wm Well-Known Member

My #2 grandson turns 27 later this week, then my son is flying in from Cali for work, but is taking a week's vacay to visit with friends and family. We are planning a beach weekend while he's here, hopefully the weather will cooperate!

IntenseMagic likes this.
  11. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

I’m just looking forward to less short weeks - we had public holidays on the 15th, 18th and 25th last month which meant lots of short weeks and not a lot got done.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  12. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

Warmer weather although I'm hearing it could be a cooler May than what we normally have. I love seeing all the blooming flowers and trees even though my allergies don't love it.

I always go to the cemetery and clean up around my parents' gravestone and put new flowers in the vases. I normally do that on the 20th which was Mom's birthday. She would have been 90 this year.

On the 7th, Peyton and I will celebrate her 5th barkday by taking the annual photos on the piano bench. I can't believe she is 5 already. Seems like yesterday I got the email that the litter had been born.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  13. Iowan

Iowan Is this heaven? No, it's Iowa

My mother would have been 101 on May Day.

IntenseMagic and Memaw2Wm like this.
  14. IntenseMagic

I know you'll be glad to have your weekends back!! I hope you enjoy your visit with family!!

Same here, only track and field :giggle

Yes!! I love this as well!

Awww hope it's an amazing birthday day! My daughter turns 27 on the 28th, and the oldest turns 31 on June 3rd.

I'm looking forward to a new schedule...summer vacation schedule haha.

Those sound awesome!! I hope you enjoy them both!! Once track season is over, I have got to get back to the exercise!!

15. IntenseMagic

I'm so with you on the one more month of school and sleeping in!

Yes! I'm loving watching everything get so green. Here it is fun to watch it work it's way up the mountains. I love honeysuckle bushes so much! I just wish they bloomed longer!!

My daughter turns 27 at the end of the month! Hope you have an amazing beach weekend! That sounds wonderful!!

I agree with you on that one. I need every day of this month to get things done!!

My dad's birthday would have been the 16th and he would have been 85. Happy birthday to Peyton!!!

My dad would have been 85 on the 16th. That's my rough spot with the month

gonewiththewind and Karen like this.
  16. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

May is just a pretty month. We're having a visitor for 2 weeks - well, she's staying with our DD but she's next door.

Her BFF from Jr. High is coming for 2 weeks again this May and we had a blast with her last year. We're all looking forward to her visit. She's one of those people who's always "up". It's very refreshing. She considers me and my hubby her second Mom and Dad. Her mom used to kick her out frequently and she always came and stayed with us. She's never forgotten that!! She was at our house all the time in high school.

17. meganmecrazy

meganmecrazy Caution: Randomly Breaks Out into Show tunes

My twins have a birthday on May 6th and this month is super busy with dance competitions and senior project shows, etc. This is also the last month of school for them! Bittersweet time for me, that's for sure.

18. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

I love all the recitals in May! Plus 2 of my kids have birthdays so that's fun.

19. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

true he looks a bit creepy LOL

here is a loving boy in need of love!!!
    [​IMG]

20. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

here's some love for you Bart.

Had our first exercise class today. Was good.