March Check-in

Discussion in 'Fit Pad' started by rdjrneace, Mar 3, 2016.

1. rdjrneace

rdjrneace Following the yellow brick road on foot

Hey everyone; sorry for disappearing. I have had a very busy time at work which caused me to not have as much time on here.

So far I have lost 31 pounds (since 12/28) however I have hit a little wall and can't seem to get past my current weight. I go up a pound/down a pound. Someone told me to change up my steps/food so I am trying that for this week.

How are you guys doing?

LoveItScrapIt, Mylinn and Lindzee like this.
  2. Shari

Shari Well-Known Member

I am still at my I am so tired of worrying about it mode so I'm maintaining at a 45 pound loss spot. @rdjrneace I had a friend who hit a major wall and upped her water intake and completely went whole foods eating. She said the additional weight started falling again. I don't know if you have tried that yet or not but it is a thought. Congratulations on the 31 pounds! That is fantastic!!!

3. klee73010

klee73010 I might have a thing for drummers

Great work!!! I'm still at around 5 lbs lost, but haven't been giving the effort. So... i need to restart. Perhaps tomorrow I will make it for a run finally!

4. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I need to up my exercise I'm thinking. I'm doing a pretty good job of staying in my suggested calories.
    And of course, I need to work on the sleep thing. As in getting enough!

We are currently shopping for a CSA, so fresh veggies in a few months will be nice.

LoveItScrapIt likes this.
  5. DeniseB817

DeniseB817 Member

I was doing Take Shape for life last year and lost 50 lbs. I fell off over the holidays and started back in January but my husband took a pretty significant fall and everything went to "you know where" in a handbasket. For a good 6 weeks, I dove into comfort and convenient eating and gained back 13 lbs. I tried to get back in last week but realized that I was realy bored with the plan and need to eat real food. Now I'm tracking everything in My Fitness Pal and trying to focus on the calorie intake. I really need to learn how to balance things. I've lost a little bit this week and am meeting with a trainer on Monday to work on a "plan".

Does anyone else do MFP?

6. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOO! I am just so darn proud of you!!!!!

7. Lindzee

Lindzee Aging gracefully

Wow. Good for you, congrats.

8. Sharon Evans

Sharon Evans Well-Known Member

Well - after my big "accountability" post back in Jan - I have fallen into rather a hole! I had a recall on my routine mammogram and February was taken up with tests, tests and more tests and then surgery to remove a couple of malignant lesions in my right breast. As you can imagine I've been doing rather a lot of comfort eating! I have a couple of weeks before I start in on 6 weeks of radiotherapy, so tomorrow (Sunday my time), I'm starting over - not dieting as such but eating healthy, smaller portions and taking a walk most days. I have a lot of accrued sick leave, so I'm taking quite some time off and hoping to get myself both well and healthy!

9. DeniseB817

DeniseB817 Member

@Sharon Evans I will be thinking of you as you're undergoing radiation. Good luck with getting a few good weeks of fitness in before then.

I completely get the comfort food thing. My husband took a fall from our roof in January and was injured. He's doing much better now, thank God. But for the month that he was home, we ate HORRIBLY!!! I'd dropped 50 lbs with Medifast and had weened myself off of pastas, breads and sweets. So many family and friends cooked for us and there was so much pasta, bread and yummy sweets! I gained back 13 lbs! I thought about getting back on plan again but really struggled with getting back in and have decided that I'm just going to try to eat cleaner now and track everything in the MyFitnessPal app. I had been pretty consistent in getting 10K steps in each day by walking the treadmill at the gym every morning, first thing. I even fell outta that habit. I did get back to the gym 4 days this last week but man, can I feel a difference!! I'm meeting with a trainer on Monday morning to talk about a plan to help me get in gear again.

10. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

I am so not following any healthy habits at the moment. Lots of little things have crept in this week but our fridge dying over the weekend certainly didnt help. On the positive both days I had uni and had 5+ hours of travel I did over 5,000 steps.

11. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

@Sharon Evans Be as good to yourself as you can, now and during your treatment. Hugs!

My main goal now is to get my steps back up - 5k is my current goal...and also to eat more veggies. Winter involved a lot more starch than vegetables and I really wasn't in the mood to do much cooking so it was a lot of solid wintery cooking that def pleased my dh. He also got back int the maybe not so good habit of making bread. I love love bread!

12. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

Debbie, DO NOT GIVE UP. That fluctuation in weight could easily be water. Are you drinking enough water? The less you drink the more your body stores it. DRINK, DRINK, DRINK!

I am finally back in the gym after my DECEMBER injury. I am slowly going back and it's so hard to try to keep going slow. I need to be smart and not re-injured myself.

13. AnneofAlamo

Finally!!
    I have been down with the crud in my chest and just out of it!
    Today! I took the boys for uphill hike! They ran the whole time! I ran down! I did about 1/4 mile running (huge for me). and walk a total of one and 1/4 mile! It felt good!
    I am excited to be exercising again!

klee73010 likes this.
  14. klee73010

I am be-grudgingly back to exercising. Lol. I'd much rather be eating reese's peanut butter eggs than running. And I can't even talk myself into a bike ride in front of the TV. But... I've done it... running. Up to two weeks now (this week will be three). I've been back at the water game most days, and eating regular meals. Yay!
    On the 18th, I started doing squats. I don't really know why, or the game plan. But i did 18 on the 18th, 19 on the 19th, etc. (Just bodyweight, but that's plenty :giggle ) I just picked one exercise to do, so I can sort of establish that routine of doing something each day.

My other win, which I'm happy about, is that my steps have reached my 5000 goal almost daily for about 2 weeks. Even in not running day! Yay!!!

15. AnneofAlamo

oh Kristina! I am proud of you. I am not a lover of exercise. but I have to do it...I worked so hard to lose so much weight and have put much back on. Taking my 7 and 9 year old with me is so energizing! The seriously run full out the whole time. My problem, lol is my old body doesn't want to go...but I am going again in 9 minutes! they are my accountablity!

klee73010 likes this.
  16. klee73010

My kids could totally run circles around me, if I let them. Sometimes I feel mom guilt for not letting them play outside more, but we have established it as a fun reward type thing for weekends when we're home and lately they have not deserved that. Attitudes and melt downs and what not. But... i also sometimes think there would be less attitudes and melt downs if I took them out of the house more than we do. Parenting is hard!

17. AnneofAlamo

okay, the pain is easing! kinda....
    but we went today in 30 mph gust...cold and cold! lol but we did it! The boys love it, the dogs love it, and eventually I think I may like it? lol

18. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

I'm really struggling at the moment - been sick on and off for the past two weeks (chest cold and stomach bug) so hopefully once this stomach bug passes I'll get back on track

19. AnneofAlamo

today the walk was so fast and I have lost 10 pounds in ONE week! NOW this was really fast put on of weight and I am kicking it low carb to get down 20 pounds so I can begin running again. I had just gone a horrible sugar/flour binge over the holidays...and no exercise....bad combination!
    The weight loss will slow down then, but I know I can do it!! and my clothes...woot, they are no longer tight, and uncomfortable. I have a full bin of smaller clothes to pull out when I get back to goal weight! ONE week of pushing and sacrifice, makes this week easier.
    We went out to eat yesterday, and I got a burger no bun and salad...and I was the last done (I eat wicked fast) and my kids were all amazed.
    I
    can
    do
    this
    again!

20. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

Several of my friends said the diet and exercise starts today but I'm avoiding it til I get back from NYC on the 3rd. I know I'll do a lot of walking there but could not get myself up and moving today. I did get a pedicure so at least my toes are happy and maybe they'll reward me by wanting to walk.

Oh those carbohydrates...they have called me big time lately. I've also had congestion since last December and am making an appointment for my doctor when I get back. I used to get bronchitis when I lived in England and the trip to CA (incl rainy San Francisco) makes me think I may have a mild case again. My nose dripped on and off and I felt like I looked like a coke addict. :(

When the pants that were getting loose in early fall no longer even button, then I know it's time. But I don't WANNA!!!