MaRCh Art JoUrnAL ChallengE

Discussion in 'Art Journaling' started by Dalis, Mar 2, 2016.

1. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

Nursery Rhymes
    I love nursery rhymes, for some reason the rhymes just make me feel happy and fill me with a sense of joy.... well at least most do. Every week I will provide an image of a nursery rhyme and you will use it as inspiration to create an AJ page. You can use the image if you would like to, or you can use it as just an inspiration using the rhyme or anything in the image or the nursery rhyme itself. Try to see if it resonates with your life right now or how does it apply to your life right now. Have fun!

WEEK #1:
    [​IMG]
    HERE is mine:
    [​IMG]

WEEK #2: Humpty Dumpty was having a bad day. I want you to use this rhyme in some way to portray what is bothering you right now.
    [​IMG]
    WEEK #2.... I am sick as a dog. Humpty dumpty inspiration; 1- strips = wall; 2- Humpty's egg shape = circles; 3- king's horses = stitching.

[​IMG]

WEEK #3: This week I want you to indulge on the happy things. I leave you as inspiration Hey Diddle Diddle.... there is music, dancing and prancing and someone running away with someone (naughty dish and spoon!).
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

WEEK #4:
    Which of all the nursery rhymes reminds you of yourself. Not necessarily the TODAY you, but it could be KID you, or the MOM you, or Grandma you or the SISTER you, or the OLD PAST you.

I think for me it has to be Jack & Jill. LOL!!! I changed my mind and created this one.

[​IMG]

WEEK #5: This week I want you to super-imposed someone's picture to the face of one of the main characters in a Nursery Rhyme. It could be someone you know or even an artist, but I want to see a correlation between the person and the nursery rhyme character. You can tell us here in the thread, on the page or in the gallery how they are similar if it's not obvious of course.

[​IMG]

RULES:
    1. Layouts must contain at least 50% TLP products. (Templates count as 15%.) Please list all credits and upload to our Art Journal gallery and to this thread!
    2. If you can add the following tag to your gallery entry: AJMAR16
    3. IMPORTANT NOTE: You have till the end of the month to enter.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2016
    rarou47, cfile, MrsPeel and 2 others like this.
  2. carilyne

carilyne It's only impossible if you think it is

This will be interesting...

3. Cath_

Cath_ In my polka dot dress and apron

oh childhood... love

4. Dalis

I was very selfish when I picked Mother Goose. I am being tested as a mother lately, motherhood is so tough! That is the only reason I picked it.

MrsPeel and purlz76 like this.
  5. carilyne

Hang in there! There are easier years and harder years. You'll make it through. And oh that does give a slant to the challenge.

redplaid3 and Dalis like this.
  6. Dalis

I really hope so.

redplaid3 likes this.
  7. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

Well, no one threw me down the stairs, but I did trip over some landscaping rocks recently and fell flat on my face. Maybe that will be my inspiration...

Dalis, I can't begin to feel your pain. My "child" is 4-legged, and he's a pretty good guy, even if he is 13.
    Hang in there. "This too shall pass".

Dalis likes this.
  8. pagefrocks

pagefrocks ♥•:*¨¨*:•♥•:*¨¨*:•.♥

AJ pages are the hardest for me, yet the most rewarding to do . . . I haven't finished last month's yet, but did work on it and even bought products just to do it! I'll get there . . .

As soon as I saw this image, I thought of an image that I took just this week that would work perfectly . . . can't wait to play this weekend!

Dalis likes this.
  9. Dalis

Are you ok?

10. Dalis

Can't wait to see your picture. You know how much I love your pictures!!!!

pagefrocks likes this.
  11. mcurtt

I'm alive, yes. No broken bones, just a big bump on my forehead & a scraped up knee. It's been about 3 - 4 weeks now. I'm hopeful that the bump on my head eventually disappears. It's lots smaller, but still painful to the touch. And my knee is still bruised. When I do something, I do it well. :faint2

MrsPeel, redplaid3 and Dalis like this.
  12. Sokee

Sokee What we do in life echoes in eternity

Okay I feel these type of AJ pages might be more up my alley to try.

@Dalis it is HARD being a mom! I know, just make sure you are able to find time for YOURSELF when you have a bad day. Call a girlfriend and go out for coffee? There were time when my hubby got home I would take my book and drive up to McDonald, do the drive through, and read for an hour before I would head back home. Hey! I'm having a Tupperware party on the 16th of this month. Wanna come!? lol

redplaid3 and Dalis like this.
  13. Dalis

Oh you are one of mine! About a year ago, I fell from our 2 step stairs in the garage.... knees first. I almost passed out of pain, but got myself in the car where Bianca was waiting for me to go to hockey. Drove all 5 mins, dropped her at hockey. Asked the lady if they had a First Aid kit, to which the girl starts screaming, "BLOOD, BLOOD!!!". Yep, it was me. All the blood was my bloody open wound knee. They wanted to call the ambulance, I told them I was ok. I drove across the street got some butterfly bandaids and went back to the ice rink. I knew I had hit hard because I almost passed out, but apparently I hit it so hard that it got numbed afterwards. LOL!!!

redplaid3 and mcurtt like this.
  14. Dalis

If you lived closer I would so go to your tupperware party! I love their pretty colors!

15. carilyne

Gosh start with a hard one. Not sure what to do with it.

16. KAPOH

KAPOH Well-Known Member

17. Dalis

Kapoh,
    This reminds me of early Summer days when Bianca comes from the bus with half of the kids getting off from the bus. LOL!!!!

MrsPeel likes this.
  18. dvhoward

dvhoward Don't bother me before 10am!

The photo reminded me of reading Mother Goose to my little ones.

[​IMG]

MrsPeel, purlz76 and Dalis like this.
  19. Cath_

Cath_ In my polka dot dress and apron

my wallpaper is has geese on, the top of my cabinets full of goose things

[​IMG]

Mylinn, purlz76, Dalis and 1 other person like this.
  20. mcurtt

An interesting way to spend my Friday night...

Quote at the bottom of the page: Be tolerant. Behold the unity of all faiths, cults, creeds and religions. Respect the views, opinions and sentiments of all. -Sivananda

[​IMG]

rarou47, MrsPeel, purlz76 and 3 others like this.