**WINNER ANNOUNCED** March 2023 Week 4 - Vision Boards

Discussion in 'Art Journaling' started by wombat146, Mar 27, 2023.

1. wombat146

wombat146 Check out my kilt! And my turret!

** MARCH WINNER: Thuria @Thuria **
    :cheer:cheer:cheer

Hi everyone and welcome to Week 4 of the March Muse challenge which is all about PLAY and experimenting with new styles of art journaling.

WE DARE YOU to develop your talent.
    WE DARE YOU to create something new.
    WE DARE YOU to evolve your art
    WE DARE YOU to challenge yourself.

WE DARE YOU TO EMBRACE Change
    WE DARE YOU TO EMBRACE New ways of thinking
    WE DARE YOU TO EMBRACE Your fear of trying something new
    WE DARE YOU TO EMBRACE The uncertainty​

So this week we are going to create a Vision Board! What is a Vision board you ask? Is it not the same as a Mood board? While they may look the same, as in both may use a collage of different images, quotes or text, there is a subtle difference between the two in how they are used.

Vision boards are primarily used to manifest your goals or vision in the direction you want your life to be heading as the collage you create can represent, literally and metaphorically, the things that you want to happen in your life.

Mood boards on the other hand are used more as a planning tool as they represent a final design’s style, for instance when you are decorating a room, planning a party scheme or perhaps creating a new company brand. Artists also use Mood boards to generate colour schemes and/or as inspiration to create their next project.

In both instances they are predominantly visual guides and as such should be placed in a prominent position so that you can see them on a daily basis.

Here is an inspiration board I put together with some images from Pinterest showing you some different types of Vision boards.

VISION-BOARDS-COLLAGE-800.jpg

As you can see, there are many styles of Vision boards and each creator had a different theme for their board. Some have an overall theme of just wanting to slow down, de-stress or try to be a better person, while others focused on a specific area, like getting fit or doing more travelling. As you can see this type of board would be ideal to have some affirmation type text or journaling added to it.

Manifesting what you desire does involve more work than just creating a vision board though. It is but one tool, but a very powerful and important one. Above all it needs to be purposely created with intent andwith some sort of emotional attachment to the desired outcome. Whatever pictures, images, text or journaling you use should above all else evoke some kind of emotional response in yourself.

For this week’s challenge I would like you to create a Vision board which basically forces you to focus on your life, right now. It's a way of ‘checking in’ with yourself, and figuring out what your real dreams and desires are. Once you know them and see them pasted clearly before you, your outlook and energy and attention shifts and points you in the right direction so that you can see and accept the opportunities that are meant for you.

Bear in mind that if your Vision board is a very personal one which you do not want to share with anyone else, that is okay. Maybe do generic one to post online and then do one with a deeper meaning, just for you, to use in your daily affirmations.

Here are some handy tips on creating a Vision board:
    • Think about what you want to bring into your life and what you want to focus on.
    • Choose images that represent those things and especially appeal to you, to give you that emotional attachment.
    • Add words, phrases, quotes or text that resonate with you.
    • Re-arrange everything so that it is appealing to you and go ahead and add some embellishments if you want to.
    Now print it out and hang it on the wall where you will see it every day OR set it as your desktop wallpaper. Then take a moment each day, or several moments each day, to simply take a minute to look at your Vision board and think about how it will feel when you reach your goal.

By the way, your vision board does not need to remain static, you can add or subtract your images and text whenever you like, it’s your life, it’s your board! Our goals change as we change so do whatever feels right for you.

Here is my page. After starting a board I realised that the quotes I wanted to use were some that I created for our Affirmation Cards challenges last November. It's not your typical board, I wanted to keep it simple as I wanted that large background photo to shine through, I absolutely love it, it speaks to me in so many different ways. So I just went ahead and added my three affirmation journal cards and some little embellishments and I was done. I am going to try and get this printed so I can hang it on the wall, or even set it as my desktop wallpaper so I can just look at it when I need to during the day, to let the serenity I feel when I look at it wash over me! :)

[​IMG]

Challenge for Week 4
    • This week's challenge is to create a Vision Board
    • You can create any type of page ie. clean and simple, artsy, pocket style etc, but you must create a collage. Your page can be all digital or hybrid. Wherever the inspiration takes you as long as you include TLP products on your page.
    • Please post your layout to the Art Journaling Gallery HERE prior to Midnight EST April 2, 2023 and then post it in this thread by copying the code (at the right of your gallery image) from the box under "Share BB Code".
    We will draw a winner at the beginning of next month for a coupon!! Every layout you create is equal to one entry in the random draw. So if you create 1 layout you are entered once, if you create 4 layouts you are entered 4 times.

You can use any products in the Lilypad store or retired products from current Lilypad designers, (just make sure you follow our gallery guidelines).

Looking forward to seeing what creative goodness you ladies will come up with!:yippee

Last edited: Apr 19, 2023
    tiffany scraps likes this.
  2. designbylime

designbylime Definitely a cat person.

Great challenge Ona. Mine is how to cope with the pain I live with every day and the hope that somehow there will be a cure a long the way. Autoimmune sickness is really hard since I have to find the treatment that works for me because I cant take the medicine I got from the doctor. So life is a battle but I am so grateful that I am retired now.
    [​IMG]

Nemla, Thuria and wombat146 like this.
  3. ArmyGrl

ArmyGrl Merlot, Cab, Chard, Reisling - all 4 food groups!

This week's muse is near and dear to my heart. I struggle with what to do with myself in retirement from the Army. One year post retirement, I still cannot bring myself to put in job applications and go back to the clinical laboratory. I have a dream of another career path - and self employment. But how to get there?

[​IMG]

Thuria likes this.
  4. wombat146

Merethe, autoimmune diseases are so very hard to deal with I know, like you I hope that there will be some sort of cure for it in the future!♥ I love your vision board by the way, and love the affirmation words you have used on your layout!

designbylime likes this.
  5. wombat146

wow! what a stunning layout, so bold and so full of wonderful affirmations, I sincerely hope that the path you end up taking makes you happy and fulfills your dreams as well Lisa, but remember to enjoy each and every day as you journey into your future. ♥

6. Thuria

Thuria Well-Known Member

Thanks for this challenge! I'm just retired and I'm so happy, this is how I would like the rest of my life to be. Because to be retired, this means that you have less years in front of you than behind, and you cannot really forget it (at least, this is my case), and I want to enjoy it as much as I can and "live my life and forget my age".
    [​IMG]

7. caapmun

caapmun Well-Known Member

I've struggled all my life with anxiety - general and more specifically Social Anxiety - so having a "vision board" has always been a great idea - I always have quotes/sayings attached to my fridge so I see them every day! Here's my layout:
    [​IMG]

designbylime and Thuria like this.
  8. wombat146

Thuria, I totally understand, I retired in 2016 and have been having such a fabulous life doing what I most enjoy! I love how you have arranged your quotes, words and phrases on your vision board and the little embellishments give your page such a lovely ethereal feel to it!

Thuria likes this.
  9. wombat146

Anxiety is such a real struggle and I am so excited to see the vision board you created for yourself Carmel, I truly hope you get this printed out and stuck on your fridge, to see it each and every day and see the beautiful artistry that is within you and how brightly it shines for others to see!

10. ArmyGrl

ArmyGrl Merlot, Cab, Chard, Reisling - all 4 food groups!

Ha! I need to do more of this!!!

Thuria likes this.
  11. cinderella

cinderella I was alone once...best.day.ever.

12. Janisn

Janisn Well-Known Member

OMG I haven't sone a vision board since my working days. So I have been working on recording my memories since my granddaughter started asking questions and wanting to hear stories about "the olden times." This vision board reflects that. BTW the LGrieveson/RJefferies collaboration HMV06 Remembering was perfect for this.
    [​IMG]

wombat146 likes this.
  13. wombat146

Fabulous additions ladies! :cheer:heartlub

14. garrynkim

garrynkim I'm not messy, I'm just really creative!

Almost an empty nester, 7 years to retirement, life changes so you'd better keep up and accept the changes.
    [​IMG]

wombat146 likes this.
  15. AnotherAmanda

AnotherAmanda Well-Known Member

16. wombat146

This month's challenge is coming to an end so I wanted to thank you all for joining us each week and we look forward to seeing you next month. :) A winner will be selected later in the week.

17. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

A wee bit late, maybe my inspiration board should have been about keeping track of time instead ......
    well here it is, A reminder to enjoy nature, and all its elements.
    [​IMG]

18. wombat146

haha, would you believe I was thinking that myself the other day when I was late with something! lol! love your page Viv!

19. wombat146

Sorry for being late in selecting the winner ladies!!! :sorry But the winner is picked, please see the first post! :woot:wub

20. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

Congratulations Thuria!