March 2022 - Week 4 Monthly Muse

Discussion in 'Art Journaling' started by Dalis, Mar 20, 2022.

1. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

Welcome to Week 4 of the Monthly Muse!
    In the month of March, we are exploring the topic ‘What is Art Journaling?’ Thus far, we explored style, techniques, and journaling.

Week 1: Exploring Art Journaling Styles
    Week 2: Exploring Art Journal Techniques
    Week 3: Exploring Art Journaling to Express Feelings, Self-Development, or Healing
    Week 4: What is Art Journaling to You?

This is one of my favorite questions to answer, "What is Art Journaling to You?" The answer could not be more subjective of course, this is your opinion and only your opinion that matters. This means everyone might have a different take on this challenge this week.

This week we are answering that question with a page. To me, Art Journaling is "the process in which I mold my feelings into a more earthly and temporal matter". Art Journaling helps me understand the emotions that are fighting inside of me. Each emotion pushes towards it's own center, making pulls and pushes of emotion and moods in my persona.

But, let's stop talking of what it means to me, this is all of what is AJ to YOU! Use what you have learned in these 3 prior weeks to create this AJ.

Challenge Requirements:

1. For the Monthly Muse, you may create any style of layout (ie. clean and simple, artsy, pocket style etc.), with or without a photo. Create any size page you wish. The Art Muse is for everyone; have FUN!

2. You can use any products in The Lily Pad store or retired products from current Lily Pad designers, (just make sure you follow our gallery guidelines).

3. Please post your layout to the Art Journaling Gallery HERE by Midnight, 28 March 2022; and post your layout in this thread by copying the "Share BB Code" to the right of your gallery image.

Each post, regardless of the week posted in the month of March earns you one chance to win a $5 coupon to the TLP store. Thus,

1 Muse = 1 chance to win
    2 Muses = 2 chances to win
    3 Muses = 3 chances to win
    4 Muses = 4 chances to win

Let emotions and feelings guide your creation – this is a journaling aspect of Art Journaling!

garrynkim likes this.
  2. garrynkim

garrynkim I'm not messy, I'm just really creative!

To me AJ is a way to use my creativity to think outside the box of digital scrapbooking. I am happy and positive 99% of the time in my life, so I like my AJ pages to reflect positivity and happiness.
    [​IMG]

Smwhite and Dalis like this.
  3. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

Hmmmm. This should be interesting!!! I can't wait to see other's interpretations as well.

Dalis likes this.
  4. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

I know, this one could be interested because it's like a feeling. right?

5. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

Thanks for the challenge.
    [​IMG]

Dalis likes this.
  6. Pachimac

Here's mine!
    [​IMG]

Art Journaling to me is about finding me and finding an outlet to share my feelings in an artistic way, and when they're negative or really personal, art can mean what I want without others figuring it out!

Dalis likes this.
  7. caapmun

caapmun Well-Known Member

For me I love art journaling - the time I spend creating a page gives me the time to process my thoughts/feelings.
    [​IMG]

Dalis likes this.
  8. AnnaB

AnnaB Well-Known Member

9. Melhope1230

Melhope1230 Well-Known Member

Art journaling to me is a way to deal with my feelings.

[​IMG]

Dalis likes this.
  10. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

Still feeling like a beginner in art journaling, and not much of an artist, I'm kind of just throwing stuff I like at the page and practicing Photoshop techniques for fun and self-expression.

[​IMG]

Dalis and scribler like this.
  11. scribler

scribler Blanket? Check! Slippers? Check! Sweater? Che

For me art journaling is about working out feelings or sharing a message with myself. This was the hardest week for me because it was hard to figure out how to make it work with the other three weeks. I think i made it work.

Doing each week in a small square was hard but I really l like how it turned out in the end.

[​IMG]

Dalis and AJK like this.
  12. Janisn

Janisn Well-Known Member

What I learned is that I use a journaling prompt to start creating a page and then I start using elements that appeal to me sometimes seeming to have no relation to the prompt
    [​IMG]

Dalis likes this.
  13. cinderella

cinderella I was alone once...best.day.ever.

14. Janisn

Janisn Well-Known Member

As I was putting the 4 layouts onto one page, I decided that there needed to be some continuity. I had used my photo on weeks 1 and 3 so redid the weeks 2 and 4 layouts. I'm really liking the result. Thanks for this month's Art Journaling project.
    [​IMG]

Dalis likes this.
  15. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

Thank you. I enjoyed this montj very much Hopefully the page speaks for it self
    [​IMG]

Dalis likes this.
  16. Pachimac

I love the idea of putting all four together, so here's mine!

[​IMG]

scribler likes this.
  17. Smwhite

Smwhite Well-Known Member

Here's week 4... the journaling is about art journaling and what it is to me. A wonderful set of challenges!

March-AJ-Week-4-web.png

Dalis likes this.