March 2019 Book Club - Nine Perfect Strangers

Discussion in 'Reading Pad' started by Karen, Dec 19, 2018.

1. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

this didn't end up being my cup of tea - even with the aussie referrences, i felt meh at best about it - white...

i know writers measure success in characterisation with their ability to make you feel something, positive or negative, for their characters but there felt like so much filler and that everyone was very 2D (like a Bold and the Beautiful type character) & all the subplots that it felt like too much effort to read and follow
    Masha was a fruit loop from the start, that writer woman got on my nerves, i hated the instagram queen one married to the lamborgini guy and pretty much everyone except the Yao (paramedic/wellbeing coach guy) but even him by the end i was like' how can you not see Masha's got a screw loose -well intended as she may have been with her cutting edge research and i guess that's what inspired him to follow her most of all - i was glad she went to gaol/jail briefly, even if it was only a fake fire in the end and the only other part i was glad about was that they weren't all just going to burn to death and abruptly end the book there - i kept hoping it'd get better and then there was the fire and it felt interesting but then it also just felt soap opera level unbelievable
    - end

Karen likes this.
  2. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

@bellbird Yep! I could have written that word for word! :agree

bellbird likes this.
  3. KellyM

KellyM Kickin' cancer's butt!

Finally got to read this one. Super wacky story! Good read!

Karen likes this.