March 11 - Rebecca McMeen Design

Discussion in '2019 LOD' started by wombat146, Mar 11, 2019.

1. wombat146

wombat146 Check out my kilt! And my turret!

LOVE Our Designers - March 11
    Rebecca McMeen is our Daily Crush!!

[​IMG]

***Make sure to take advantage of the March 11 sales that Rebecca has in her store for just the one day (PST time)!! Some fantastic savings are to be had for sure!!***

[​IMG]
    Save 30% Off
    Spend $15 save 35%
    Spend $25 save 40%
    Spend $35 save 45%

Today I am highlighting Rebecca of Rebecca McMeen design.​

Hi everyone! Welcome to March 11 of LOVE Our Designers! Are you having fun with playing along with all of the awesome TLP designers???! I sure hope you are! It's fun scrapping with our fave designers, but it's also exciting trying out new products from designers so I hope you are taking advantage of all of the wonderful sales going on!!!

Besides the standard gallery requirements, there aren't any other rules to follow beyond simply scrapping with our featured designer for the day!! You may use other Lilypad designer products as well if you wish, and make sure to upload your layout to the Rebecca McMeen gallery as well as this thread so we can all oooh and ahhh and leave some love on them! :) If you want to play along with the Social Media Hastag challenge see the bottom of this post. Read this POST for further clarification of the rules. :)

Make sure to also sign up for Rebecca's newsletters so you are kept up to date on the latest news and sales AND receive a FREE Mini kit, just for signing up!!!
    https://tinyurl.com/y56ghl6a

When I was a young child (back in the late 50's), I used to play with paper dolls. Some of you are far too young to remember these of course, but you used to be able to buy a 'set' of paper dolls that featured the doll itself as well as a wardrobe of paper outfits that you could attach to the doll using little paper tabs that folded over the doll's outline. This might explain it better: http://www.free-paper-dolls.com/SusanPaperDoll.html Anyway, I used to spend hours playing with these and even 'designed' some clothes myself which I then cut out! :)

So when I first saw Rebecca's beautiful art dolls, along with their stunning wardrobes, I simply fell in love with them! Okay, I admit it, I still love playing with dolls, but these days I love to 'dress them up' by incorporating them in my layouts, whether it be an art journaling or artsy type of page. As well as art dolls though, Rebecca has a huge array of artsy type products that are so very unique and whimsical, with just a dash of eclectic vintage thrown in so they are very versatile in creating all types of layouts.

I especially love how Rebecca's products lend themselves so perfectly in creating art journal style layouts. Here are a selection of my older layouts using her designs.

Here is another page I created using Rebecca's products:
    [​IMG]
    I am really looking forward to your pages!! I know how very creative you all are!! :)

Remember that by using the Hashtag #TLPLOD when you post your page on social media you also have a chance at the weekly $10 GC. More info HERE.

Come back tomorrow to see who the next designer of LOVE Our Designers will be, since you never know WHO is going to be featured! Also, you never know what fun some of the designers might have in store while we are scrapping!!!

Last edited: Mar 11, 2019
    HappyMamacita and Cherylndesigns like this.
  2. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

I love paper dolls, I used to make loads as a child, and have made loads for my children when they were younger.

wombat146 likes this.
  3. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

4. wombat146

wombat146 Check out my kilt! And my turret!

Oh Angela, I remember I used to have a couple of shoe boxes full of dolls and wardrobes! lol! I even blackmailed my younger brother to play with me sometimes but something always had to repaired afterwards as he was too rough with them!!! lol!

Angela Toucan likes this.
  5. easyeyes4you

easyeyes4you Well-Known Member

Yay... one of my favorite Designers... Ona, your pages are gorgeous as always... and while I am here, let me ask about the social media thing, and $10 weekly GC's ... I have not seen anyplace where they are being given out... am I missing something or are they going to be at the end..?? I cannot imagine this part of the challenge has not become a nightmare, since everyone had so much trouble posting and there is no tracking.... I was forced to make my Instagram account open to public view and have posted faithfully the whole time.

wombat146 likes this.
  6. marijke

marijke Weekends are for wine.

HappyMamacita, wombat146 and patsyt like this.
  7. easyeyes4you

Another question... Will probably be spending way more than I should here... just went through my wish list and have a full basket already!!! So where does the additional discount get applied... Not seeing it in the shopping cart...

wombat146 likes this.
  8. *gina*

*gina* It's all about the 3-C's

wombat146 likes this.
  9. Electra

Electra Shutterbug

10. Bagheertje

Bagheertje Well-Known Member

@easyeyes4you The first time this happened to me (a BYOC last year) I wondered as well, but I think it was Anne-Marie who explained it to me.
    Now I'll try to explain it to you: the price changes also in the store, that's why it is difficult to see if you did not write down the price at the start... discount starts at -30%, but when you add more, you will see that the price changes (and the discount as well.. -35-40), and the price of the things that where already in your shopping cart will go down as well.

11. Iowan

Iowan Is this heaven? No, it's Iowa

Ona, I love your pages.

[​IMG]

wombat146 likes this.
  12. DigiGrace

DigiGrace Make mine a purple passion

Love Rebecca McMeen's fabulous art dolls and products. I have almost all of her products.
    Love Ona's gorgeous pages and the gorgeous pages posted in this thread.

wombat146 likes this.
  13. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Thanks for hosting, Ona.

[​IMG]

wombat146 likes this.
  14. EllenT

EllenT I live for that hourglass ...

15. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

Love all the kits, but the " water colour people are some of my faves, here is a page I made with them for a random Challenge;
    Rebecca McMeen ; Maia ( a lot of clipping to the tape in the second circle) Rebecca McMeen ; Watercolour people set 3
    Rebecca McMeen ; Pen watercolour ( collage ?) Rebecca McMeen ; Tally ( the paper ,mocked about with )
    [​IMG]

wombat146 likes this.
  16. easyeyes4you

Ah yes, I do recall that with BYOC things.. You are totally correct... Thanks for reminding me....

wombat146 likes this.
  17. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

It has been one of those days...

[​IMG]

wombat146 likes this.
  18. RJMJ

RJMJ There is a shade of red for every woman.

I Could Create With Rebecca's Spectacular Designs All Day Long...There Are Many Layouts In My Gallery Using Rebecca's Amazing Products...This Particular Layout Is All About Metamorphosis...With The Winter Seemingly Just Dragging On Around Here...I Attempted To Mimic The Opening Of A Butterfly's Cocoon With Each Picture...Well...Creatively Speaking That Is...Hopefully I Did That Idea Some Justice...I'm All About The Spring To Come...New Days...New Beginnings...New Me(You)...Etc...

*For My Be Your Own Butterfly Layout-I Used:

*Everyday Courage [Deluxe Kit] With Rebecca McMeen-Kendra(Sub Kit-Included In This Deluxe Kit) By Rebecca McMeen

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 11, 2019
    wombat146 likes this.
  19. elwaechter

elwaechter Dances with Fairies

I love playing with Rebecca's "paper" dolls!
    [​IMG]

wombat146 likes this.
  20. wvsandy

wvsandy Grinning Granny

Always fun to play with Rebecca's products!
    [​IMG]

HappyMamacita and wombat146 like this.