Making a list...and checking it twice (for MOC, silly!)

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by sushimommy, Nov 30, 2018.

1. sushimommy

sushimommy Could you point me to the helipad?

[​IMG]
    so now that the Christmas list is made and 90% checked, in between our December fun I think I will work down another list - to get ready for MOC!!

Here is the start of my list - what is on yours??

- import photos from photo cards
    - flag pictures I have already used in recent pages
    - flag pictures I want to use for MOC pages
    - jot down any journaling for those ^ pictures
    - prep some freezer meals
    - sort my “loose” kits into their designer folder so I can find them
    - stock up on coffee... or wine ;)

Last edited: Nov 30, 2018
    Iowan, Ferdy, cfile and 5 others like this.
  2. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

This sounds a great idea.
    I have already started a folder named "MOC7" with current kits I purchased. I have Christmas kits ready to use for Christmas pages and then I must look for kits to use for scrapping pages of a cruise I took way back in 1981 that I want to get the album finished early next year for printing.
    That is the only planning I have done so far.

3. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

Great list! The one thing I'm working on for MOC is inventorying what pages I need to finish in order to complete the many albums I'm working on at the moment. I have a nice new bullet journal to track my progress in, it's my "scrapbooking projects" journal. I also tend to make notes next to the pages to be scrapped if there is anything unusual about that page that might fit a challenge (like if it's a single photo, large number of photos, an "imperfect" photo or something I want to record that doesn't have a photo). It wasn't this organized last year, but I did have my lists. It was so nice to scan that each day after reading the challenge to see what might work. I know I could do this on my computer somehow... but I'm a paper girl when it comes to planning... I love crossing things off of lists :-)

Last edited: Nov 30, 2018
    patsyt, sushimommy and LoveItScrapIt like this.
  4. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

Great lists for you ladies. I don't do any of that. I have a folder of photos that haven't been scrapped and I'll just go through and be inspired each day as to what to scrap and how!

AJK, Cherylndesigns and sushimommy like this.
  5. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

That's such a great list! I'm much more of a "fly by the seat of my pants" kind of gal :giggle

Ferdy, Jems, AJK and 2 others like this.
  6. bonnenuit

bonnenuit Why do I always have to be Captain?

Same!

sushimommy and IntenseMagic like this.
  7. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

i like your approach!
    [​IMG]

patsyt and sushimommy like this.
  8. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

I might be doing some of those list type things but not until the last week of December....

sushimommy likes this.
  9. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I'm in the process of putting any kits that are retired or I can't use for MOC on an EHD. I can still get to them if I want to, but they're not right in front of my eyes all the time. I'm putting pictures that I haven't scrapped in a "to be scrapped" file - for both the December challenges and MOC. I still need to go through lots of other pictures on other EHD's and discs.

BevG and sushimommy like this.
  10. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

I’m already organized for scrapping. Always. I even cleared out my downloads folder recently so ALL of my kits are in my TLP folder. When I choose kits I’ll just organize my files by date added and choose the most recent kits. As for photos, I’ve always just chosen recent photos with occasional trips into older picture folders.
    I’m excited for MOC! :circles

sushimommy likes this.
  11. krscraps

krscraps I'm a nerd.

Nice

I'm working on organizing my photos into LR for my last two Disney trips that need to be scrapped.

I also just might be going to San Francisco this month, so something very different to scrap. Haha. I'm not sure I know how to scrapbook non-Disney pages. =P

BevG and sushimommy like this.
  12. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

My photos are always organized so my MOC to-do list is just inventorying kits. Some designers have moved and unretired so I especially need to check what I have of theirs and see if it's in the store or not.

I'm kinda bummed that the scrapbook weekend I am going on with my mom is not until February so I can't catch up on MOC that way like I did this year.

sushimommy likes this.
  13. rach3975

rach3975 Well-Known Member

During December I'm trying hard to finish up my Sept-Dec 2017 album. I can't start prepping for MOC until I see how far I get--if all goes well, I'll be scrapping early 2018 photos by the time MOC kicks off. With the way our school district's winter break falls this year, I'll have the entire first week of January off of work rather than having to go back around Jan 2nd. Most of my MOC prep will probably happen that first few days. My supplies are pretty organized already, but I need to check if any of my TLP kits and templates have been retired. I also have more photo organization to do, which is practically the story of my life! I'm only a couple of months behind on organizing photos by week, but I have about 8 months worth of photos that I have to pare down and earmark for either PL or a traditional page.

sushimommy likes this.
  14. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I actually just started my own MOC list.... mine is more of listing what pages I want to do for my current album though and since I had THREE scrap weekends with a friend this fall I actually got a little TOO caught up. I'm not sure I'm going to have enough to scrap to get me through MOC. I might have to dig into my old scanned pictures! I know that's kind of a great problem to have, but I never like being this close to caught up because then I don't have as many choices when I do want to make a page.

sushimommy likes this.
  15. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

Maybe more photoless pages just journaling current thoughts?

Karen and sushimommy like this.
  16. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

I like the last one Danielle.. Stock up on wine.. LOL really a great list my friend! @sushimommy

sushimommy likes this.
  17. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

[​IMG]

okay, all joking aside, I get what you're saying. It's good to have options for MOC.

As to the original post's question of "how do you prepare for MOC?"...I don't do much cuz my DS stuff is already organized. Karen's point about wanting choices is why I don't get too caught up in photo prep, because we never know what a MOC challenge is going to involve so I don't want to be too tied to which photos to scrap. Expectations breed disappointment. :giggle And what if a gorgeous kit is released during MOC? Of course I'm going to buy it and want to scrap with it asap, so I don't get too worried about which kits I'll use. (Although @tkradtke and I had a discussion about whether we could do all of MOC's challenges using only one kit. That could make life easier, perhaps?)

sushimommy and Karen like this.
  18. Karen

Yes! I do love a non-photo page with lots of journaling! Great idea! :agree

sushimommy and michelepixels like this.
  19. Karen

Tree City likes this.
  20. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

That's a great list, danielle!

sushimommy likes this.