MAC - ABR viewer

Discussion in 'Help Pad' started by Dady, Jun 14, 2020.

1. Dady

Dady Well-Known Member

Do you know software that allows you to view an ABR file on a macOS Catalina before installing it in Photoshop?
    With Windows I used ABR Viewer but unfortunately it does not work with Mac!
    I found Brush Pilot but it doesn't seem to be updated anymore and doesn't work with my mac version!
    Thank you in advance for your assistance ♥️

2. wvsandy

wvsandy Grinning Granny

I use ACDSee Photo Studio and it lets me view ABR files on Windows. They have a MAC version and a 30 day free trial.

3. Dady

Dady Well-Known Member

Thank you very much Sandy for this information, I will give it a try!

4. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

I had Brush Pilot but it was so slow and the Mac ACDSee was a nightmare for me about 10 years ago. That's when I started with Lightroom. Kim Klassen has had tutorials showing how to import brushes to Lightroom. If I can find it, I'll PM you the link.

5. Dady

Dady Well-Known Member

Thank you Maureen @cookingmylife it would be great if you could find the link!

6. marijke

marijke Weekends are for wine.

Maureen @cookingmylife ... if you find the tutorial ... I'm also interested ...

7. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

Sorry, I was only half right. The tutorial on using the CC to synch files was in a purchased class and it was assumed you were making a specific Library for each batch of purchased/acquired brushes. Also in her video Kim was using .png files rather than .abr in her video demo. Bridge was suggested elsewhere in a YT video but again, they ended up talking about .png files not .abr.

From looking at several more Google searches, it seems that there is no real ability in Adobe to see all/lots of your brush files at one time. Even finding installed ones on your Windows or Mac system is not terribly easy. Years ago, I gave up on using the .abr file and stuck to the .png. Sorry to have held out a hope for you all. mea culpa!

8. Dady

Dady Well-Known Member

Don't be sorry Maureen @cookingmylife , it's very nice to have wanted to help me, I think I'm going to abandon this idea which seems insoluble :(

9. marijke

marijke Weekends are for wine.

Thank you so much Maureen ... many brush folders have png files, I always look at them in bridge before I install the abr file ...