M3 September Gallery Love

Discussion in 'Art Journaling' started by Lynne-Marie, Aug 24, 2016.

1. Lynne-Marie

Lynne-Marie there is beauty in everything

GalleryLove-LM.jpg
    This month certainly brought an influx of new talent to the M3 gallery, with our open forum and birthday challenges! I love how art journaling gets the creative juices flowing outside the box!

I've selected a few layouts to highlight for September as my top picks, but the choice was difficult! I invite you to add your own picks to this thread and state what captured your attention or made the layout stand out for you. It might be a special technique that was used, the overall aesthetics of the page, the photo treatment, etc… By showcasing these layouts we can all improve our craft and be inspired to reach deeper into our creative beings!

My first shout-out goes to @mcurtt for this incredible layout! I love the photo treatment and the bold use of colour. It is very powerful, but not overwhelming. The artistic treatment of the photo really makes the page. Can you believe that she is 63??!! Wow!

[​IMG]

My second pick is by @Kate W with this original use of the word strips to create the girl's skirt! I also love the emphasis on blue and teal with hints of red and yellow. The page is both artistic, quirky and has lots of breathing room with the white space. She anchored her art to the right side of the page and has the doll gazing towards the emptiness. Beautiful!

[​IMG]

Here's a colourful artsy one by @wombat146 . It would make a gorgeous ATC or wall-print! Everything blends together so beautifully that it could easily be mistaken for a non-digital art page! The shadows are there by subtle, adding to the realism. Her paint overlaps the edges of the artwork onto the kraft paper background, leaving a gap where the paint would lift off the edge. Beautiful technique and craftsmanship went into this page!

[​IMG]
    My last pick is this gorgeous clean design layout by @n33 , created for my M3 birthday challenge. True to her signature style, she uses her Mixed Media stash to colour wash her photos and give them an artistic dimension of their own. An otherwise ordinary photo becomes a work of art, giving full attention to the subject of the page rather than the decor. Beautifully scrapped!

[​IMG]
    Now it's your turn! Pick one of your favourite layouts from this past month in the Mixed Media Monthly gallery and tell us what makes it exceptional!

Last edited: Sep 9, 2016
    n33 and klee73010 like this.
  2. paula kesselring

paula kesselring Designer

3. Lynne-Marie

4. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

@Lynne-Marie Thanks for the kind words. I love to art journal and make statements with my art. I just noticed your posting today. :heartlub

Lynne-Marie likes this.
  5. Lynne-Marie

Actually, I prepared the tread ahead of time and only moved it to the subscriber forum today, so you saw it when it was available to be seen. ;) I really, really LOVE your page! :)

mcurtt likes this.
  6. n33

n33 Well-Known Member

thanks for the shout out- LM!

7. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

I have been so impressed and delighted with all the amazing posts using M3.

8. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

There are so many fantastic layouts to choose from. Typically in my art journal pages, I won't include a photo. I was really drawn to this one by @mimisgirl . I love the scribbling, the references to TIME, of which we seem to not ever have enough of. Plus her art doll is wearing two crowns. I think we all deserve that honor!
    [​IMG]

Another one that speaks to me is one done by @Lindzee. I like the inclusion of the map, the happy thoughts of travel, visiting foreign lands, learning about cultures, new foods, etc., etc.
    [​IMG]

My third pick is a piece done by @rarou47 . I have a fascination for houses in layouts. I don't know why, I seem to gravitate to kits that include houses. I love her message, I love the colors, the blue border tying it all together.
    [​IMG]

9. Lynne-Marie

Those are amazing picks @mcurtt ! I love reading your comments!

mcurtt likes this.
  10. mimisgirl

mimisgirl It's all about ME!

thanks @mcurtt LOVE your choices!

mcurtt likes this.
  11. Ga_L

Ga_L Well-Known Member

great idea this post

here are my picks :
    I love this page by @Electra , the extraction work is awesome and I love how the children are placed in this scene. the work with colors for the quote is stunning.
    [​IMG]

this page by @scribler is amazing too. I love the work with the blending modes and her title with the word strips
    [​IMG]

12. wombat146

wombat146 Check out my kilt! And my turret!

Goodness, what a delightful surprise! thank you Lynne-Marie! :heartlub

I was looking through the gallery when I found your note, what a terrific idea!

I have some layouts as well that I would like throw into the spotlight!

This one @Cath_ is simply amazing and delightful. I love how she has created her garden using a variety of brushes and elements.......... very artistic and creative!

[​IMG]

One of my fave AJ artists is @mimisgirl . I love Erin's style and this page is no exception. It is messy but well designed and very original. A beautifully crafted page!

[​IMG]

13. Cath_

Cath_ In my polka dot dress and apron

14. Lindzee

Lindzee Aging gracefully

Thank you Marilyn!

15. paula kesselring

paula kesselring Designer

Ohhhh awesome pages here !!!!

16. Ga_L

Ga_L Well-Known Member

I love how @cfile used all these fun quotes and her message
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 16, 2016
    cfile and Lynne-Marie like this.
  17. Ga_L

Ga_L Well-Known Member

Lynne-Marie likes this.
  18. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

Thank you so much Gaelle!!! A surprise for sure!!!

Ga_L likes this.
  19. mimisgirl

mimisgirl It's all about ME!

Ga_L likes this.
  20. Ga_L

Ga_L Well-Known Member