M3 - Sept. '16 - what's ya story?

Discussion in 'Art Journaling' started by AnneofAlamo, Sep 15, 2016.

1. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

Mixed Media Monthly - Sept. '16 -
    GRACEFUL / AGING / STORY

Awe! Total awe.
    Funny thing is EVErYONe of us is aging!
    Tee hee! I got to thinking about that.
    Time stands still for NO oNe! Right?

[​IMG]

I opened this fabulous kit.
    I didn't even get to the marvelous add-ons.
    AND it
    made me immediately smile,
    and it brought me to 6th grade...
    wwwwwwwwhoooooooooooooooooosh
    Mr. G was reading King Solomon's MIne, and I had already read it. I began to zone out that spring day, and looked out the window to the playground. A couple in there 60s or 70s were walking the path thru the school. They were smiling and holding hands. My story producing mind began spinning paragraphs of what their lives could have been. I determined that day, I would marry my best friend (not yet named) and when I was old and gray, I too would smile and hold his hand.
    [​IMG]

So, although I have aged, and have a story...I'm afraid I can't claim the graceful word. hahhaha

What about you? Looking at the amazing release for this month, what is your story? I can't wait to see them in the gallery!​

paula kesselring, Ga_L and Cath_ like this.
  2. carilyne

carilyne It's only impossible if you think it is

Mr Alamo didn't have a name in the 6th grade? Wait I keep forgetting when I do see it.
    This should be interesting. Love what I've seen of the kit. Just too tired today to download it. Thanks Anne!

3. Cath_

Cath_ In my polka dot dress and apron

not to aj this is

[​IMG]

paula kesselring and Lindzee like this.
  4. Ga_L

Ga_L Well-Known Member

this kit and the add-on are fabulous, I've made two pages and will make others...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

paula kesselring likes this.
  5. Rikki

Rikki Next I'm going to look up naughty limericks

I just came home from work and haven't even had time to download the kit and you have already done page after page. Wow, you guys are quick! Off to have a look now.

6. mimisgirl

mimisgirl It's all about ME!

Ok, I confess - this kit rocked me in so many ways, I started making things and just could not stop, he he. Maybe it is because I finally have a computer that works again YAY - or maybe just because this month is all around awesome. here are two of my first pages.

This one is in response to your prompt Anne. - My story has not ended up the way I had hoped - but I am still learning and adapting, and things are progressing.
    [​IMG]

And this is a hybrid one I just had to do when I saw @Lynne-Marie new Masked Beauties - one thing my story has taught me is to live with passion - or at least pursue the things I am passionate about - because I only have this one life.
    [​IMG]

I have more, lol, but I won't flood you today!

7. paula kesselring

paula kesselring Designer

Hahaha...as I edge ever closer to 50, I’m forced to admit it: my skin has changed, and the wrinkles I’ve dreaded for so long have appeared on my face....I must confess that I'm not deling very well with my new wrinkles...:furious

I really love the pages girls!!! Keep posting!!!!

nrjanitz and mcurtt like this.
  8. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

nrjanitz likes this.
  9. carilyne

Oh no not 50! I laugh with this kit because I am pretty sure I'm older than the M3 team. But I'm going to love scrapping with it!

nrjanitz and paula kesselring like this.
  10. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

I am hoping that isn't combined! bhhhha
    I hit 53 this november and can't wait! no wrinkles yet? at least I can't see them without my bifocals! but I love them!

11. carilyne

LOL I thought about that. The it almost sounded like I was going to use the word combined. No not quite combined. A couple more than you. Wrinkles? by now who cares? I earned them. And gray hairs and other aging things. Now these pounds I have extra off -- they got to go and they are even without "dieting" so that's good.
    Hope you are doing well. You have your hands full all the time it seems. 53 -- it's a breeze, no I won't go back there it wasn't but it wasn't me that was the problem.

12. mcurtt

Working on a layout, am using the BINGO 53 chip on my page as well, but 53 isn't my age, it is the year I was born. So @AnneofAlamo, you are just a babe. :-)

13. scrapsandsass

scrapsandsass Oh Ricky you're so fine ...

Here is my current story, but not about aging. I went in another direction.

[​IMG]

14. mcurtt