M3 Roll Call - Introduce yourself here!

Discussion in 'Art Journaling' started by mishou, Aug 21, 2014.

1. staciahall

staciahall Quidditch, anyone?

Hi, everybody! I'm Stacy, staciahall in the digi galleries. I'm 49, divorced mom to two college students. My daughter will graduate with her masters degree in December and my son just started his third year of college AND moved into the dorm (even though as I type he is in his room for the weekend... GO LAUNDRY MOM!) I have a dog and two cats that actually do live with me. I'm a CPA for a small family owned citrus/real estate business here in sunny Central Florida during the day. I spend my evenings and part of my weekends digi scrapping. I paper scrapped about 13 years ago and started digi in 2008 with my first online class.

I love the freedom and the messiness of art journaling. For me, most of the time it's about emotions and words. Strong emotions don't really often have photos to go with them and the mixed media style seems to really fit in those situations for me. I've never really thought of myself as someone who can draw herself so this digital alternative feeds that need. I also found that I love the pocket scrapping format and hope to be able to do some of my mixed media stuff in that format if I can.

2. **Holly**

**Holly** Whoooooo, me?

Hello I am Holly! I go by **Holly** on most forums. I am a single mom to a crazy ADHD little man named Kaden. He just turned 9. I live with my parents, and I am finally going back to college after way to many years off. Going to get my Early Childhood Education degree. I have been scrapping since 2208ish and loved it ever since. I discovered art journaling thru Tangie Baxter who actually lives close to me. I go to her studio quite often... so much fun!

I am excited to try the digital part of art journaling as i have no space to get messy with the real life kind lol. I am a PC and android girl, although I used to have an iPhone, I got tired of how small it was. I now have a Galaxy S5 (LOVE IT). I will be getting my first ever Macbook Air for school in a few weeks tho, I am super excited. I know it will be a huge learning curve lol

3. designbylime

designbylime Definitely a cat person.

Hi everybody, I'm Merethe but go by Lime almost everywhere, designbylime when I log on here though. I live in the south of Sweden. I'm a mom to four great kids in the age from 40 down tol 19. My youngest daughter is still living at home. Divorced but still have a great friendship with my ex and we are still doing tons of things together. Love the man but can't live with him. I've never paper scrapped but do some crafty stuff for Christmas when it comes to gifts. I'm a medical secretary at big hospital since our ENT closed down here in town. I've tons of medical problems that makes me staying away from the computer sometimes. I've also five cats, sadly we lost our oldest last year and we miss her every day. I'm not a Mac girl except my Iphone and Ipod but my phone is my tool today when it comes to take pics. Most of my pics are with my youngest daughter and my two wonderful grandkids Connor and Agnes.

I joined of course because this has everything I love :)

4. HyperTyper

HyperTyper New Member

Hi everyone!

Cindy here from middle Tennessee! I am married to my high school sweetheart after a 20-year pause and I have 2 beautiful, almost 30-year-old, daughters (eek--how did that happen?!?). I also have 3 amazing grandchildren.

I "discovered" digital scrapping about 2 years ago, and my tastes have evolved dramatically over those 2 years! I initially leaned toward pages with Perfectly Placed Flowers, then fell in love with grunge and ultimately art journaling. I try hard to be a pocket scrapper, but have a difficult time tearing myself away from the computer! I am seriously addicted to Photoshop and learning Photoshop! I am Windows all the way, but I do have an iPod around here somewhere.....

I am a home-based medical transcriptionist, which I love, love, love! There is something so satisfying about being in pajamas until noon if I want to be! I always feel a little bit like I am "getting away with something!" Hehe.

I am so excited to be here. I have been so busy collecting in the last 2 years that I have not scrapped much. My hard drive is getting full, so that seriously needs to flip flop! Thanks for having me! Looking forward to the journey!

Cindy a/k/a HyperTyper

5. Cristina

Cristina Handmade with love, actually

Hi ladies! So nice to see familiar and new faces here!

I'm Cristina, I am turning 33 next week and I live with my husband, who is an excellent cook. I juggle my days between two part-time jobs and business school; I'm a homebody and the two big loves of my life are reading and crafting. I love photography too, especially to document our lives.
    I began digi scrapbooking in 2007/2008, have been a Polly :beat since 6/2011, and got into hybrid crafting in 2009 (cards, mini books). There is something magic in printing out digi designs and even cutting them with the Silhouette, I love it so! I started doing paper Project Life in 2012 and have since branched out to do paper layouts and cards too (stamping is my fave!). My style leans towards minimalistic, but I have been having so much fun with the M3, especially layering brushes.

6. 4noisyboys

4noisyboys Being a Grandma is the best!

Hi ladies!

I'm Debra aka 4noisyboys. There were years when it wasn't so noisy...I almost had all the boys moved out, but one by one they came home, added one wife, two babies, one dog, 3 cats....and now we have a VERY noisy home again!

I'm 52, married, 4 sons (ages 22-31), one dil, and a grand daughter (13 months) who is the light of ALL of our lives, and a brand new grand son (3 weeks). We all live in one house, so right now I'm at home just trying to stay one top of everything. My husband is semi-retired so he's been home the last few months too. I'm about ready to kick everyone out if truth be told! LOL Seriously though, I am hoping my son and his family will be moving out by January...trying to find something to buy has been stressful for them, so they may just end up renting. They need their own space.

I'm NOT a messy person. I stress out with messes on the floors, counters, clutter, etc...and I think that carries over to my scrapping as well. I LOVE the artistic pages though, and I really hope to allow myself the freedom to just play and get messy (on my computer). I've been doing PL the last three years (mostly hybrid), so I hope to play with these kits with that as well.

I'm very excited to be here...love these designers, love TLP, and I'm looking forward to the journey!

7. fifibear

fifibear New Member

Hello everyone, I'm Violet and I am new to the forums. I am mum to 3 gorgeous daughters and granny to 4 fabulous grandkids, 2 boys and 2 girls. I work full time as an office manager to a busy construction firm and between work and family don't have a lot of time for scrapping. I started Project 52 this year and have fallen by the wayside!

I was a card maker and paper scrapper for several years before finding digi in 2010. I use Serif Craft Artist 2 on windows but not done much scrapping of late - I've lost my mojo! Hoping that M3 will revive it!

I haven't really done any art journalling but when I saw the thumbnail for the August kit I had to have it. I really admire the work of all the designers so bought the 6 months subscription and time permitting, I'm looking forward to having fun and learning new techniques.

Thank you for having me.

Violet aka Fifibear

8. mimisgirl

mimisgirl It's all about ME!

Hiya Ya'll!

I am Erin - aka mimisgirl - ( I gotta make a siggy - *my bad!*) I am 35, originally from Texas, but now in live in Thailand. I totally agree with Val - I may live in a tropical paradise, but I don't like the HOT! I am a work from home mom to 3 craxy ADHD kiddos too - 10, 6 and 19 months. I am still married - barely - but on the upward swing thanks to a therapy and a LOT of LOVE.

I work with Art Relief International - which is a really cool organization!

I have been (paper) scrapping since college (still do some hybrid now and then), slowly added digi to my list of things I LOVE, and started art journaling in 2011 when we went through a pretty crazy upheaval in our family. I have always been an artsy person, and when going through my portfolios it is neat to see how my style has changed as my life has been rearranged. I used to be very meticulous and prefectionistic in EVERYTHING! And I still can be if I feel the need for it, but most of the time I have come to really like to let all the emotions and crazy-ness of life come out in color and texture and rather intimate journaling (which I often hide with lots of paint).

I have SO enjoyed reading your intros - thanks for being willing to share yourselves with us, that is such an honor!

I joined M3 because it FITS! I love all 4 of these designers (as my EHD will tell you) and I love mixing their work, and I LOVE everything about art journaling, and I just can't get enough of it - so here I am! And also I have really missed being able to interact with an art journaling community. I used to be a part of one, but some things changed for me and I have not been able to reconnect with them very well, so I look forward to getting to know all of you better here, cause I have really come to LOVE TLP!

9. wvsandy

wvsandy Grinning Granny

Hello, I'm Sandy, known as "wvsandy" or "msmauk" around the forums. I live in West Virginia, USA, with my 2nd husband of 34 years. We have a "yours, mine & ours" family of 7 children and 17 grandchildren. I retired as an IT manager in 2001. Computers were always tools for me rather than pleasure until I discovered digi-scrapping in 2005 when my DD and 6 yr old GD moved out and moved away. It was like losing my youngest baby and I used scrapping to grieve. Now I scrap to spend time with my grandkids who are all over the place. I rarely do any "all about me" pages so AJ is my way of expressing myself. I am really excited about the additional AJ kits and challenges here at TLP.

Since retirement, I have used my computer skills to support a number of charities and my church. Sometimes the time demands are overwhelming but I need to feel that I'm making a difference. I scrap when I have free time.

I have always had Windows computers for work and home but my toys (iPhone, iPad) are Apple.

10. gadgetgrrl

gadgetgrrl I am no bird and no net ensnares me

Hi everyone!
    I'm Debbie, a remarried mom of three (boys - 26 and almost 18 and a girl 24). I was born in Chicago, and still live in the suburbs, but I dream of moving south as soon as the youngest graduates high school next spring.

I'm working part time just to get out of the house some, but I had been a SAHM for the last 17 years. I picked up digi scrapping back in 2005 at the behest of a friend and have been at it ever since. I also love reading (currently getting through the Game of Thrones books), photography and taking motorcycle trips with my hubby.

My scrapping style is all over the place and I thought that M3 would be the perfect way to mix messy fun in to my pages. I dabble a little in art journaling along with my usual layer/cluster/whatever style. I'm looking forward to all the challenges, and "learning" that messy is ok :)

11. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

I'll be back as I'm rushing now (DR Who starts today yay!!!!!) I ll come back read properly and try not to bore you with my life story
    :giggle

Last edited: Aug 23, 2014
  12. LaurieW

LaurieW Member

Hi, I am Laurie. I live in central Ohio, originally from the Finger Lakes region of NY. I love all types of digital scrapping. I just had to join to get the kit because my Fearless Living word of the month is possibilities. How could I not get this??

13. livelys

livelys Active Member

Hello, I'm Sara (aka livelys - Lively is my surname, and the S is simply for my initial!). I live in the UK, about 45 minutes outside of London by train, though I'm a Northern girl by birth and still get a little annoyed at the way people say 'grass' and 'bath' down here ;)

I'm married to John, whom I met when I first started work after Uni. We were both originally research scientists, and truth be told, I still miss it 15 years later. We've followed John's career to Denmark, and through various metamorphosis until we landed here in the south of England, where we live with our gorgeous/ chatterbox, soon-to-be 12 year old boy (that's him, in my avie photo).

I currently work very part time at our local primary school in the library, and occasionally in the classroom to help bring along the reading and math skills of those who need that little extra boost to their confidence. My hours have reduced since I had back surgery, but I'm hoping they'll start to increase again.

I am predominantly hybrid-kind-of-person: cards & the such. However, earlier this year I joined in Lynn-Marie's Love Yourself project, and I LOVED it. It was wonderful expressing myself in a different way, and more than a little cathartic too.

So I guess I'm here 'cos I want more!!

14. jaye

jaye My other car is a Zamboni!

Hello everyone! My name is Joanne but I am known as jaye throughout digi land.

I moved back to my hometown 6 1/2 years ago after a marriage break up and share my house with my 16 yr. old son and a quirky, overweight cat. I am in the Student Services department as a Youth Worker in our local high school and love what I do.

You can add me to the Canadian collection as well :). I live in a pretty little historic town on the shores of Lake Erie in Ontario.

I stumbled across digi while making email backgrounds for IncrediMail back in 2007 and I've never looked back. I have dabbled in Art Journaling and really enjoy it. I purchased this subscription as a birthday present to me :)

Last edited: Aug 24, 2014
  15. Brandi

Brandi You're so fine, you're so fine you blow my mind

Hi everyone! I'm Brandi and have been apart of TLP for over 5 years. Love it here, it's my home. :beat
    I live in Florida, have two beautiful children, and have been married to my high school sweetheart for 17 years in September. Came across digi-scrapping in 2005 and have been stuck to it ever since! So excited to be apart of the M3 subscription!

16. beszteri

beszteri CT - Lynne-Marie

I'm Eszter, aka beszteri in the digiland, you can find my most complete gallery here, Pinterest here and FB-page here.

I'm 39, live in Hungary with my husband, Peter and our two children. Benedek is 8,5 years old, Julia is 6 years old. I work as an economist for a gas company.

I discovered digital scrapbooking in the beginning of 2009. I have different scrapping style, but I always love the playing with blending modes.

I'm so excited to be here! :)

17. Orange

Orange New Member

Hello! I'm Orange. Well, online I am. Yes, it's my favorite color. :) I live in a very small town in northern WI, not far from Lake Superior. I was born and raised here. I spent a few years in other places - Minnesota and Florida - but this is and always will be home. I share a house with my mom and my best friend, Tim. I have a baby, my 9 year old American bulldog. No other kids, furry or otherwise. I started digi scrapping because of my boy. He doesn't like when I spend too much time in my studio. Since I teach stamping and papercrafts, I'm in there a lot as it is. With digi scrapping I can sit next to him on the couch and he's happy.

When I'm not stamping, scrapping or crafting, I like to read, watch TV, take pictures, hike in the woods. I've recently (since the World Cup) become a soccer fan and try to catch a couple games on the weekends. I have a total crush on Tim Howard. :) Fall is my favorite season, though this year it seems to be arriving too early. I'm a vegetarian vegan wannabe and like trying new recipes. One of my favorite dishes is Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Quinoa and Cranberries. Yummmm!!!! I own 3 pair of shoes - orange crocs, cross trainers and hiking boots. I have strong political views and always vote. I have a quirky sense of humor and like people who make me laugh. It's my dream to one day travel to England. (And scrap the whole experience, too.)

18. mariasangel

mariasangel Member

Im Maria--graphic designer-- lived all my life in and around Chicago. I have one daughter--she's amazing and a junior at Columbia College downtown. I was hybrid scrapping before that was even a thing and moved to full on digi scrapping in 2010...um...i think...lol...

as for why I decided to join M3...four of my absolute favorite designers...that was a no brainer ;)

19. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Hi Everyone! I'm Jenn... Jersey girl. 15 minutes to the shore, and 30 minutes to NYC. Married to my college sweetheart, Peter, and we have 2 boys, Shayne and Colin. I'm working so this will be a short intro, lol! I'd rather not be working! :P I'm jk703 around the forums or sometimes, The Typative Scrapper. I write a lot of tutorials, but I love to learn too!

I scrap, and I love clean lines, and a lot of doubles. Recently, more and more singles. I am not an art journaler, but I also love paint, splatters, and colors. I will pry make my traditional pages, and add a little "mess" here and there. :) I was a paper scrapper, switched to digi and have been scrapping on the dark side for about 4 years. It keeps me happy!

20. Lindzee

Lindzee Aging gracefully

Hi All,

I'm Linda, Lindzee or LindZy everywhere online. I hail from Pittsburgh Pennsylvania originally but spent the last 37 years with the love of my life (luckily also my husband...:yesss ) in Quebec, Canada. We currently live on Ile Bizard - just outside of Montreal. My husband comes from Athens Greece so we've enjoyed a really multicultural family life which is one of the things so great about living in Quebec. We have two grown sons whose growing up experiences include speaking three languages fluently.

I tried paper scrapping, but found myself more collecting papers and pieces more than getting stuff committed to completion. I love working what I call organically which is why I love :flirty digital. I start a page and just see where it goes. - I do lots of undo's and deleting layers as my pages develop..

It was the Love Yourself Challenge that helped my realize my organic fusion style was where I needed to be, and its a no-brainer that these four designers are among my bestest favorites in this media.

Hello to everyone and I'm so happy to be part of this group!

Last edited: Sep 1, 2014