Lynn Grieveson's Oct 2022 - Scrap an Old Photo of YOU Challenge * CLOSED * Winner Announced

Discussion in 'Designer Challenges' started by mcurtt, Oct 1, 2022.

1. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

First, I hope you are enjoying the sales and activities over at The Pad. :-) And just in case you have time on your hands this DSD weekend, Lynn has another designer challenge for you:

Welcome to Lynn's Scrap an Old Photo Challenge. It has been a bit since I've hosted an old photo challenge. So I'm delighted to bring you this month's challenge, once again. :-)

Read the instructions carefully as I want to know a little bit more about the photo you are using!
    • Use one old photo that is at least ten years old. The photograph MUST include you in it. And yes, I want to see your face**; not just your feet, not just your shoulder, not you from the back.
    • Since this is October, you will receive an extra point if you can put a Halloween spin to it. :-) An old photo layout will get you one entry into the random drawing. If it is a Halloween-inspired old photo page, your posting will count for TWO entries into the random drawing. Note: You do not have to be in costume to create a Halloween layout. **And to clarify, if you are wearing a mask or Halloween makeup where your face is not 100% visible, I will allow it.
    • In your layout, be sure to include the date of the photograph, or at least a circa.
    • In your layout, also include a bit of journaling regarding what the photo is all about, why it is meaningful to you...
    • Use at least 75% of Lynn’s products.
    • Upload your layout to this thread.
    • Please upload to Lynn's gallery at The LilyPad following the gallery posting rules.
    • Link your gallery image to this thread.
    • You have from now until the 31st of October to create your vintage layout.
    If you are interested in seeking out Lynn's Halloween section of products, you can find it HERE.

I decided to go with a Halloween-inspired layout, even though the photo of me is from 1974, on my honeymoon. And no, it wasn't scary. LOL. If you'd like to see my credits, the layout below is linked to the gallery.

[​IMG]

Here are some sample layouts done by Lynn's creative team for the challenge.

From @Dady, using a birthday celebration photo with a Halloween twist. :-) She used: Midnight Brooms Kit - Scare Me brushes and stamps and the tag from the kit Wild and Free Kit
    lgrieveson_midnight-brooms_challenge-Marilyn_Dady.jpg

From @flowersgal She is roaring to go with her Roaring 20's costume and Lynn's Halloween scrapbooking choices.
    Oct2022_lgrieveson_OldPhotoChall_flowersgal_web..jpg

Here is a sweet non-Halloween layout from @djp332 , a photo from when she was a babe. She commented about how times have changed (Yikes) with the bars on the playpen and that cord draping over her head. Not Halloween, but definitely scary! Donna used products from Hear My Voice5-Wishing.
    Donna_web_2022_Me_lgrieveson-HMV-wishing-8.jpg

And another one from @Angela Toucan, also a traditional page. Per Angela, we don't celebrate Halloween. So this one is not themed. I can't believe I wore glasses like that! ( @Angela Toucan I had a pair of red round HUGE frames. You were not alone. :-)) Products Used: Crowned Templates by Lynn Grieveson, and All That We Were Collection by Lynn Grieveson.
    Angela_1990.jpg

I am SO looking forward to seeing your creations. One RANDOM winner will receive an $8 coupon to Lynn's shop here at TLP. The deadline for posting is midnight EST October 31, 2022.

If you have any questions, please feel free to tag me, @mcurtt . Happy Halloween. :eg9

Last edited: Oct 1, 2022
    djp332 likes this.
  2. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

Ooo I have two if I can find them. One as Elvira and one as a pirate!

mcurtt likes this.
  3. Dady

Dady Well-Known Member

Thank you Marilyn for this fun challenge ❤️

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

mcurtt likes this.
  4. mcurtt

Looking forward to seeing your creation. And don't forget, a Halloween photo is optional. The major requirement is one of you at least 10 years ago. :eg9

Last edited: Oct 2, 2022
    Pachimac likes this.
  5. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

Oh I have plenty of ten years ago. Halloween will be more fun!!

mcurtt likes this.
  6. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

7. G.J.

G.J. If I Could Turn Back Time

Kisses for Bart

8. KayTeaPea

KayTeaPea I carried a watermelon

9. trekmom

trekmom Well-Known Member

10. Meibritt

Meibritt CT - Kate Hadfield

Thanks for this wonderful challenge!

[​IMG]

Unfortunately no Halloween photo, in Germany it has only become somewhat more popular in recent years. But I scrapped one of my favorite photos with my daughters.

Journaling translatet by google:
    This photo was taken in spring 1987.
    There are only a few photos of the children and me.
    I had knitted the same sweaters for us, it had to
    to be held tight. I was just on the phone with mine
    Mom when my husband took this photo of us
    would have. So she's somehow in the photo too........

trekmom and mcurtt like this.
  11. Janisn

Janisn Well-Known Member

Fun challenge - had fun digging up an old Halloween photo of me
    [​IMG]

12. flowersgal

flowersgal I have big ears and wide arms

Here's mine with links to the credits:
    [​IMG]

13. BLKinOR

BLKinOR Well-Known Member

Hoping my masked face is acceptable for this challenge

[​IMG]

mcurtt likes this.
  14. nollipap

nollipap Well-Known Member

Here is mine with flying bats - credits in the gallery
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 11, 2022
  15. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Thanks for the challenge, Marilyn. I used this picture from 2004, of me and my grandson, dancing at a wedding.

[​IMG]

mcurtt likes this.
  16. silent ranks

silent ranks Don't forget to turn back around

17. bjc

bjc Trophy Wife

oh this was fun. i was able to make another page for a heritage album i am working on . this is the night i met my husband

[​IMG]

mcurtt likes this.
  18. triplejdesigns

triplejdesigns Well-Known Member

19. Cath_

Cath_ In my polka dot dress and apron

humm, you never did a house wife ket, honey i home and a few others touh on it, but not for the old poor polirod picture i have

mcurtt likes this.
  20. mcurtt

Cath, for this challenge, the only specific requirements is that it has to be an old photo of you where you face is present, and it has to be over 10 years old. I bet your old Polaroid would work. :yup:agree

I know this isn't a kit, but have you seen Lynn's Comfort Food journal cards? When I used these cards, I paired it with Lynn's Bring Me Comfort products.

https://the-lilypad.com/store/Comfort-Food-Journal-Cards.html

upload_2022-10-16_7-30-8.png

Last edited: Oct 16, 2022
    Cath_ likes this.