Lunch | Pad Patter 8.28

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by IntenseMagic, Aug 28, 2022.

1. Memaw2Wm

Memaw2Wm Well-Known Member

I need a break from the office at lunch, so I like to run out to Harris Teeter and get a salad. 2-3 times a month I'll drive 20 minutes over to Arlington to the KFC b/c my Dad/boss LOVES KFC. I'll either get KFC or pop into the BBQ place that's just down the street and get a BBQ sandwich.

I love going to HT every day, Dad isn't a fan, but he also doesn't want me making two stops ... it can be frustrating.

bestcee and IntenseMagic like this.
  2. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I'm thinking maybe if I add in some nuts or something it will help add to the salami/cheese/fruit I most often pack! Thanks for the heads up on the Thermos too, I'm going to check it out!

bestcee likes this.
  3. IntenseMagic

I always have hard boiled eggs and usually a cottage cheese/fruit bowl for breakfast. That's helping me be not so hungry at lunch. I'm trying not to eat as much bread as I used to, so I tend to do the lunch meat and cheese without the bread. I do have access to a microwave, but currently nothing spill proof to get it there, so I'm def going to check out the Thermos containers!

rach3975 likes this.
  4. IntenseMagic

I always have hard boiled eggs at breakfast time, and I have taken them to add to my lunch as well. Having them for b'fast definitely helps me not be so hungry at lunch!

Cherylndesigns likes this.
  5. IntenseMagic

I agree on the time waster lol. I'm currently avoiding fixing something for dinner and having a protein ball so I can get some other stuff done. But, I only have about 20ish minutes for lunch, so everything is eaten quickly :giggle

Karen likes this.
  6. IntenseMagic

It's probably a good thing that I only get 20ish minutes to eat or I'd probably be running out for lunch every day lol

Memaw2Wm likes this.
  7. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I've always called them a meal in a shell. LOL

IntenseMagic likes this.
  8. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

I have to pack lunch 1x a week and I despise it. LOL. I try to have a spring mix in the fridge. I'll put that in a bowl and put different toppings on it & make a salad...depending what I have. Feta, bacon, apples, veggies, sandwich meat, tuna, chicken, nuts, etc. I don't care for packed sandwiches. I would take leftovers but the microwaves get too busy.

9. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

I wish I did! This is the one drawback (for me) of WFH: I have the whole kitchen at my disposal so it's easy to eat too much or not eat at all. My boyfriend cooks on the weekends so if there are leftovers, I will eat those for the first couple days but after that, who knows what will happen?! :giggle