LR Mobile - do you use it?

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by elseepe, Dec 1, 2020.

1. elseepe

elseepe I'll follow the sun

I have used lightroom for years and years, and I love it for organizing. But, I'm so confused by the syncing of photos in the mobile app to my desktop that I haven't "curated" my photo library for about 2 years. (I am using the Classic version of desktop)

So, if you use it, what is your process?

Once your photos are synced to your computer, do you move them to folders?
    What happens to the photos in the mobile app?
    Do you delete them from your phone?
    Do you delete photos from your phone's camera roll after they are in LR?

2. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I did even know there was a mobile version. Oops! I have the classic version on my desktop too and I'm horrible at using it. Their albums always confused me and I kept ending up with too many copies of the same photos. Lol. I'm clearly no help. BUT, I am interested that I could maybe play with fixing my bad photos with an app. I'll have to check it out! :agree

3. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

I use LR Classic only. I tried LR Mobile a couple of times but I don't like it. I prefer my process of importing my photos from my phone to my computer, using a import preset to automatically rename my photo files (YYYY MM DD subject 01) and sort them into folders by date. Then I caption them. With LR Mobile, I miss out on renaming the files and I'd have to move them into folders manually. My old system I've been using since 2011 works better.

elseepe likes this.
  4. gracielou

gracielou Well-Known Member

I use it on my iPad. I’m not real tech savvy so I don’t know how to explain it that well. My IPad, iPhone, imac, and Lightroom app are all synced with the cloud so anytime I take a picture with my phone or IPad it automatically uploads to my photos and Lightroom app. I also use a little device to upload photos from my SLR memory card to my iPad in the photos app and that automatically syncs with my Lightroom as well. When I am done editing my photos they get saved to folders in iCloud storage and also to an external hard drive. I then delete them from my Lightroom and photos app on whichever device I am working on(mostly my iPad) but the delete syncs across all my devices.

elseepe likes this.
  5. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I use it all the time on my iphone and iPad. My photos automatically go there from my phone and I edit them on LR Mobile, because I have all of my presets on there. I don't have it on my laptop anymore, and it's so easy to edit them on my phone. After I edit them, I send them back to my devices.

elseepe likes this.