Loving the Challenges

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by nfenchak, Nov 23, 2012.

1. nfenchak

nfenchak Where is my personal shopper?

Even though I'm a Oldie Scrapbooker (began in 1997) I'm a newbie to digital. I fully intended to just do hybrid when I started this crazy buying. But you ladies do such amazing pages, I just had to try my hand in. I've been in a buying frenzy a little not sure what to actually scrapbook other than my PL pages. But the challenges have really helped keep me in focus. Thanks Lily Pad Challenges - Having a blast w/ this!!!

Nadine

2. talktoheather

talktoheather The 102nd Dalmatian.

Hi Nadine! Glad you are enjoying them!! I love them too. Total inspiration station!!

3. mrs2a50

mrs2a50 Pretty much the best.ever.

So glad you're enjoying them! Stay tuned, we have some fun stuff in store for future challenges too!

4. scrappup32

scrappup32 Currently starring in Hoarders: Digi Disarray

Me too! I think they are really cool. I love that they push me to think about my layouts in new ways. For me, the double challenge is that I want to make pages for the challenge that are still part of my ongoing projects (an album documenting a cross-country roadtrip my husband and I took 3 years ago, and an album of my brother's wedding photos). Ideally I'd love to do them all each month, that way I know I'm doing at least 7 cool layouts for the month! This is my first time, so we'll see if I get them all in...

5. jenny

jenny jenny

Some of my very favourite pages were created through doing challenges. It's always nice to work on scrapping outside your usual and having an interesting starting point :)

6. amandac

amandac Read, or Run? Hmmm ...

The challenges are great when you need ideas for scrapping and the coupons are a great benefit too *grin*

7. kendrawalter

kendrawalter Well-Known Member

I started doing some of the challenges this month too! it's been great motivation to get me out of my scrapping funk and back onto photoshop! =)

8. lmccandless

lmccandless The Force is strong with this one. Boss of the Applesauce

Thanks so much for all of the positive feedback. Our challenge team works hard to bring you fresh and inspirational ideas every month...and I think they do a FAB job of it! I know it means a lot to them to hear that it makes a difference for you. :)

We appreciate all of the members who play along every month. Love seeing your pages!!

9. scrappup32

scrappup32 Currently starring in Hoarders: Digi Disarray

YES! I love that you "win" just by participating. It's fabulous motivation, especially for newbies like me!

10. Dana

Dana Dana

yay! so happy to hear that you all like them :)

11. Tiff

Tiff I don't need no stinking playlists!

I'm enjoying the challenges this month too. I love they are are open-ended enough so I can apply them to the memories and photos that I want to scrap.

12. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

So glad you're enjoying the challenges. The Challenge Pollys really rock! :)

13. MandaKay

MandaKay Loyal as they come.

Best thread ever!!! The challenges are such a great part of TLP!!!

14. kelley

kelley Gets excited over little green things.

Agreed! The challenges are always there to give you some inspiration!

15. gracielou

gracielou Well-Known Member

So glad you are enjoying them!!

16. twomoredays

twomoredays Her name is Rio and she dances on the sand

I'm pretty much a challenge addict and I definitely second that while the challenges do encourage me to try new things, they are never so specific that I can't think of a page I would scrap! And the chance at a guest spot is just icing on the already delicious cake!

17. purlz76

purlz76 Ags

I'm also loving the challenges cos it help me to keep the digi-engine moving. :thumbsups And some of the challenges also help to ignite the artsy, quirky side of me. :giggle

I do agree that the challenges' discount is ONE BIG pull-factor to take part in the challenges. Actively. :giggle

Last edited: Dec 7, 2012