Love for both worlds

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by Li Li Wee, Mar 24, 2022.

1. Li Li Wee

Li Li Wee I create my imagination

As I’m an artist and love to get my hands dirty and messy.. I love digital art too… I won’t go wrong with it… if it’s awful I just delete the layers and add stuff on it just like digital scrapping .. What about you? What do you enjoy about digital scrapbooking? Or do you have any fears when you scrap? Are there any new digital skills you would love to learn?

2. Ga_L

Ga_L Well-Known Member

I would love to have messy hands with art. But I've not the place for that. And that's why I love digital scrap. I make messy backgrounds with no place. If someone needs me, I save my work and it's ok I can play later.

Li Li Wee and honeyandcheese like this.
  3. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Oh yes! The best part of digital art for me is that I can't mess it up. I too play with real life art journaling and I ALWAYS get hung up on "what if I mess it up?" and then I can't move forward. I always wish I could figure out a way to move back and forth from art to digi and back again. There is something super satisfying about the real drips and smears of real paint too. I attempt it by printing out lots of digital goodies and cutting and gluing those in my journal and then paint on top!

Li Li Wee likes this.
  4. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I used to play with real life AJ - I had some templates and such. I could never get the "look" that I wanted, though. I get a whole lot closer to that with digital designing.

Li Li Wee likes this.
  5. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

What do you enjoy about digital scrapbooking? No mess, no drying time, no mistakes that can't be deleted

Do you have any fears when you scrap? Sometimes I worry that my love for all the embellishments overwhelms my composition or original idea for the layout. Then I stop worrying. It's MY layout, and I like a lot on my layouts! LOL

Are there any new digital skills you would love to learn? I really want to explore sketching and drawing digitally. I have the tools, I just need to carve out the time to learn.

Li Li Wee likes this.
  6. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

I am an artist at heart, but not in practice. I have set myself up so many times to try different hands on art like painting, sketching, scrapbooking, decoupage, calligraphy, and card making. All have ended with tons of money spent, and practically nothing to show for it. I just don't seem to have the connection between my head and my hands. I even tried Tangie Baxter's classes about finding the inner artist in. me, and no luck. All my attempts are juvenile and messy. I literally cannot cut a straight line with scissors.

Digital was a God-send to me. Now I could finally translate what I saw in my head into a work of "art". I love tinkering around in Photoshop and figuring out ways to do what I see in my mind. I feel I'm in my element when I am doing art digitally.

The next thing I am working on is learning more of the Art Journaling style - the blending of papers and elements and actually making digital ART along with my memory scrapping. Right now, if I didn't have designers like you to. make the products, my art journaling would be in the "failure" litany above. So, I guess I'd like to learn how to digitally make elements and sketch people for my Art journaling. I just don't know where to start.

Li Li Wee likes this.
  7. Li Li Wee

Li Li Wee I create my imagination

I do think all of us are creative… We all have fear in messing it up. The trick is to just get messy..digitally or in real life painting and not worry about getting it perfect. @gonewiththewind I’m so looking forward to seeing what you sketch digitally. @Pachimac Small steps and you get there creating your own art journaling stuff. If you have an iPad it’s easy..or a drawing tablet.. or any tablet .
    @Ga_L lol! I can imagine you creating a ‘little’ messy, simple with white space as your art piece.
    @Cherylndesigns i know right! We can blend , blend,blend and not worry about it getting muddy on digital layout!.
    @Karen the only thing I have yet to try , would be hybrid! Print, cut, glue… I must try it one day.

Ga_L, EHStudios, Karen and 1 other person like this.
  8. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

I like digital art because it's less mess...and my kids can't get into it! Plus I love CTRL+Z.

Ga_L likes this.