Lots of stuff disappeared from PSCC after a computer update- help?

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by KayTeaPea, Mar 17, 2023.

1. KayTeaPea

KayTeaPea I carried a watermelon

I had a Dell Update on my computer last evening, and afterwards there was no toolbar in PSCC. I found out a way to bring the tools back and did that, but now the little part at the top that shows which tool is in use/selected and has lots of info is gone. For example, when I use the Text Tool, there is nothing showing which font is selected, which used to be at the top of the window in PSCC. I have to open the Character Window to select which font I want. Any ideas for how to fix this? When I have the move tool selected, there is nothing showing the 'bounding box' or edges of the item. I don't know what to search for in Creative Cloud help as I don't know what that little part at the top was called!

2. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

I don't have PSCC, but I think it's called the tool options bar. You might be able to find it in the preferences or windows/view. ???

3. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

4. KayTeaPea

KayTeaPea I carried a watermelon

@keepscrappin That did it!! Thanks for figuring out what I needed! I will have to remember it is the options bar.

bestcee likes this.
  5. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

Looks like you figured it out- just something for the future!

If you like a certain workspace set up (mine is crazy customized!)- you can save that specific workspace that can be reloaded when an update knocks out preferences. If you go to Window- then workspace- you can reset to the different defaults CC has or Create New Workspace and save it exactly how you like it. I also check the boxes for all the shortcuts, menus & toolbars since I've changed a bunch of those too.

workspace.jpg

6. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

I just dealt with this. My hubby updated my computer, cleaned it up, and all that...and I went into Photoshop and almost didn't know what to do. Haha. I had completely customized it at the beginning of the year (one of my goals) and made it just the way I wanted it...but I didn't save it! I will definitely be doing that next time.

cfile and jk703 like this.
  7. mocamom

mocamom Runs on coffee. And with scissors.

I do this too Amy! In fact, I have one for my laptop and one for my desktop. It makes things so much easier - especially if I hit something I didn't mean to and the whole thing goes wonky!!:giggle

amien1 likes this.