Looking Forward | Pad Patter Wed June 7th

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by Angela Toucan, Jun 7, 2023.

1. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

It's always good to have something to look forward too, especially when everyday life gets mundane or stressful.

What are you looking forward to right now?

I'm super excited and looking forward to TJ coming home for the summer. She comes home on Friday. I'm considering doing something special to welcome her home but haven't got any ideas yet.

bestcee, Cath_ and umyesh like this.
  2. tanteva

tanteva Even the professionals are bewildered

I'm looking forward to our 2 planned trips this summer. We're going to go further south in Sweden, staying at hotels & I'm just going to be lazy!

umyesh and Angela Toucan like this.
  3. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

What are you looking forward to right now?
    I'm looking forward to a week long tournament for my daughter's softball team coming up in Utah and Colorado. The fun part is that we are staying with a few other families in a big house the whole week and it's just a blast for us parents and the girls!

After that, I'm looking forward to school being out & just having some slower days!

Angela Toucan likes this.
  4. dotcomkari

dotcomkari The Deaf Superstar

Looking forward to birthday trip with hubby next week to the cities... ikea..mall of America... fogo de chao... flea markets ...

5. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

I'm excited for you to welcome TJ home for the summer Angela.

Yay for 2 trips Eva! Enjoy!

I'm looking forward to vacation this week with my family. We never go anywhere in the summer so I'm glad we're going somewhere for once.

6. Scrapcrazy

Scrapcrazy Active Member

Looking forward to a cruise in early September and our first grandbaby in late September!

BevG likes this.
  7. Angela Toucan

have a great time.

All the best to your daughter's team

happy birthday

have a beautiful week

umyesh, tanteva and amien1 like this.
  8. Angela Toucan

how exciting!

9. dawnmarch

dawnmarch Actually, no. You are not funny!

We just finished a trip to the UK and we have another trip to Croatia coming up. My son is also coming home from college for part of the summer in a couple weeks.

10. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Today was my last day of work for this school year!! WooHoo!! I have to take my son for college stuff tomorrow but, after that, I'm hitting my deck with my book and I may not move for awhile lol
    I'm just looking forward to some down time!! After some of that, vacation is the first week in July :)

bestcee, Angela Toucan and amien1 like this.
  11. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

Honestly….not much at the moment. It’s just the “season” I’m in right now.

I guess the next thing I’m looking forward to is July 1st….it means all of the government funding and contracts renew for the new financial year so there should be some jobs for me to apply to again, not that there hasn’t been any over the past month or two but it’s been very slim pickings.

After that I’m looking forward to my birthday, not that it’s much different to any other day of the week given it’s a Monday - any celebrations will be either a day early or a day late to line up with family days off.

Actually, I forgot the actual next thing I’m looking forward to is starting on a CT on a permanent basis with a new to me designer. I was approached over the weekend so am excited for the opportunity as I don’t think I’ve ever been on a permanent CT before.

bestcee, BevG and Angela Toucan like this.
  12. Angela Toucan

That will be wonderful seeing your son again. Have fun in Croatia.

Enjoy your time of rest and have a great vaccation.

Congratulations!

IntenseMagic likes this.
  13. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

We have 3 more trips planned for this summer. The next one is to drive to Massachusetts, where we will be surprise audience members at my husband's cousin's music concert at a coffee shop. His wife knows we are coming but we hope to surprise him. My daughter wants to make Fan t-shirts for us to wear. I have never been to Cape Cod so that is exciting.

Then we have a trip to Nashville, TN so I can attend a Crafty Slumber Party - yup, crafting for 3 days in PJs with girls, while the family visits relatives.

Then in a long weekend over Labor Day, I am going with hubby to Dragon Con in Atlanta. Sons and friends are going too. I have not decided if I am going to any of sessions. I may just stay in the house and craft/scrap.

14. Angela Toucan

sounds like lots of fun and family time @BevG - enjoy.

15. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

I'm looking forward to travel this summer/fall. In July I get to go spend time with a friend I made on our last cruise, she has a summer place in Kelowna, about 2 hrs away from us. I will be doing lots of day trips to surrounding lakes/rivers with the dogs. There are so many places to investigate within a few hours' drive. In the fall, we'll be going on another cruise, this time to the Mediterranean and we've already booked our Feb cruise to South America. I've never traveled so much in my life. I am loving retirement!

16. RebeccaH

RebeccaH Life is exciting, yes it is!

Our next big thing is a vacation later in the summer. We are renting a cabin and doing some hiking in the woods before my youngest goes off to school for the first time. I am looking forward to the time away. Also, oddly, I am looking forward to the process of prepping / moving her into her dorm room. I hope she ends up loving it!

17. ArmyGrl

ArmyGrl Merlot, Cab, Chard, Reisling - all 4 food groups!

I'm looking forward to making a color wheel with the new liquid water colors I got!!!!

18. Angela Toucan

You are travelling well, and it sounds like cruises are the way to go. Enjoy your summer with your friend.

I've never stayed ina cabin, sounds fun. Have lots of great adventures.

Oh have fun - new paints are always exciting. I have a colour journal that I put all my new paints, crayons, and pens etc in to try them out and keep as a reference for colour choosing in projects.

19. ArmyGrl

ArmyGrl Merlot, Cab, Chard, Reisling - all 4 food groups!

Thats a really great idea! I made the color wheel on a loose piece of watercolor paper....but I think I have a smallish watercolor journal somewhere....

RebeccaH and Angela Toucan like this.
  20. RebeccaH

RebeccaH Life is exciting, yes it is!

That really IS a good idea!! :idea2