Looking for layout inspiration - Time capsule/"On the day you were born"

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by klee73010, Mar 16, 2017.

1. klee73010

klee73010 I might have a thing for drummers

I need some help. I've decided this will be the "opening page" of my daughter's baby book. I have until Sunday to get it uploaded for a free Shutterfly book. I'm curious to see anyone else's take on this type of page?

maybe a specific day or date where you captured everything that may be important to that time? A time capsule type page. Can you show me your layouts??

2. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

My mom printed out one from a company for my baby book. It's not prettily scrapped, but it's cool to see. Let me grab it, I'll be back.

klee73010 likes this.
  3. bestcee

Ok, in rereading, I don't think this is what you meant. But I love this. I remember looking at it over the years, and seeing the different prices. And I loved having the calendar as it looked the day I was born. So, I'm going to share it anyway.
    [​IMG]

Chippi likes this.
  4. bestcee

The opening page for my baby book is a family tree. I'm not going to share because, personal info, but it has my birthday, weight, length at the bottom of the leafy part. Then my name at the top, my parents names, and my grandparents names. It's not complicated, but I love how it makes me part of the family, if that makes sense. :think

rchansen likes this.
  5. klee73010

@bestcee your "window in time" is exactly what I meant, actually. family tree is good idea too... i suppose I could do a little pocket or section of that...

I have a QR code for the top 100 songs on the billboard charts the week she was born. I have links to several "on this day in history" websites to grab some of that info to put on a page. I'm thinking her first page may turn out to be something similar to this (which I did for my Week in the Life-2015)

bestcee likes this.
  6. klee73010

i tried looking at product layouts for a few kits I knew about (Like Danyale's Time Turner bundle, for example). I was just wondering if anyone had any pages like this they wanted to share.

7. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I don't have any pages to share, but now I want to do one!! Great idea!

klee73010 likes this.
  8. klee73010

in case anyone was curious, the #1 book when my daughter was born was 50 shades of gray. I feel it's slightly inappropriate to put that in my child's baby book, knowing what the book is about. I can't decide if I should put it in there or not.

Chippi likes this.
  9. corsicar

corsicar Dinner tonight? Something chocolate I'm sure!

I've never done a page like this, but it's a cool idea to look back in time!

Instead of the #1 best seller, maybe the best selling children's book or Caldecott/Newbery winner?

sberkan, bestcee and klee73010 like this.
  10. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I did a current events type of page I think in at least one of my boys' baby book, but that was in the last days of my paper scrapping, so I don't have it with me right now. I'll try to remember to take a picture and post it here for you. But, it was more just big news stories of that year. I think I did have the price of random things in there too. I can't even remember anymore. Lol!

klee73010 likes this.
  11. sberkan

sberkan Says "yes" to new adventures...

I did a page like this for my son's baby book...I'll grab it in a minute. I had the same problem with the "top movies" - some were not so appropriate, I felt. When I googled "top grossing movies" I got the more popular, less controversial list. I like the idea of top kids book instead.

12. sberkan

sberkan Says "yes" to new adventures...

Here is the page I did...I fit it into the MOC challenge "All About" this past Jan...
    [​IMG]

klee73010 and BevG like this.
  13. klee73010

Maybe I could expand it to the year instead of the day? The books didn't change, but I still need to look for the kid's book list.

I am currently working to keep it for this month's BYOC challenge, and I'm about half way done, I guess. Hopefully I like it when it's done. Ha.

14. klee73010

bestcee and sberkan like this.