LOD 2022 | March 6 | Lynn Grieveson

Discussion in '2022 LOD' started by sucali, Mar 6, 2022.

1. sucali

sucali sucali

LOVE OUR DESIGNERS – MARCH 6

:fairydanceToday‘s Daily Crush is LYNN GRIEVESON DESIGNS!!!:fairydance

upload_2022-3-6_9-8-11.jpeg

Welcome to the 2022 edition of Love Our Designers

This event isn't a traditional challenge in that there aren't any real rules.
    It’s a fun event to scrap with products from a fave designer or try a new (to you) designer. It’s all about having fun and celebrating the uniqueness of all of our Lilypad Designers!

upload_2022-3-6_9-8-46.jpeg
    upload_2022-3-6_9-8-57.jpeg

Connect with me on my Facebook fan page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/226820721937321

Do you follow me on Instagram? Find me here: https://www.instagram.com/lynn.grieveson/ and share your pages using the hashtag #lynngrievesondesigns

I have a YouTube channel too: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPgTj7j5Ou7cXRlgHKN0qBQ

And here's my website: https://www.lynngrieveson.com

upload_2022-3-6_9-9-17.jpeg

I feel honored to be responsible for Lynn's day and to introduce her to you! :happyhug

The title above is what was eyecatching for me when I looked at Lynn's website...Lynn's shop here at The Lilypad shows how versatile her designs are: she not only creates beautiful kits, brushes and alphas, but also beautiful templates!
    I love using templates because it's so easy to create a gorgeous layout in a little while and her album templates are perfect for photobooks! I am an absolute fan of her messy pocket bundles! At the end of this thread I will show you some of my layouts I created with Lynn's stuff.

Lynn not only designs, she also creates beautiful layouts about her daily life, her family and traveling!

I strolled through her gallery and picked some of her layouts to show them here:

upload_2022-3-6_9-9-37.jpeg

Now let's get to know Lynn a bit better - she kindly agreed to an interview!

Tell us a little about yourself and how you got started designing.
    Which came first, scrapbooking or designing?

I live in windy Wellington, the capital of New Zealand, with my DH and youngest daughter. Her older sister lives nearby. I do some work as a photographer and a sub-editor, but my main focus and labour of love is designing.

I've been a scrapbooker for about 20 years, starting when my youngest was a baby and I received a worrying health diagnosis. I was looking for ways to record my girls' lives and the stories just in case ;-)

It quickly became an addictive creative outlet. I started as a paper scrapbooker but I was too scissor-and-glue-challenged (lots of sticky fingers and nothing looking quite like the vision in my mind)

I started designing about four years after I became a scrapbooker. I still love them both equally.

What does your work space look like?

Here's where I work: a special small 'students' desk beside the kitchen worktop! We live in a very small apartment downtown. I like it, and wouldn't like being stuck away in a separate office somewhere but it's a bit cramped!

upload_2022-3-6_9-9-54.jpeg

When I am working with real ink or paint I spread out plastic on the apartment floor! And try not to touch anything and leave literal fingerprints everywhere!

Other than designing, how do you like to spend your time?

When I am not scrapbooking or designing, I am taking photos, going on walks or swimming in the ocean or the river with DH or maybe reading in the bath :-)

We have almost entirely online businesses and, although that happened naturally over time, it has been an intentional choice to focus on that because we love travelling and have fond dreams of working remotely for longer periods. But Covid has put paid to that!

What are 3 things on your bucket list?

One of the things on my bucket list is that Greek Island trip we had planned for 2020 :-)

I also want to spend some time exploring places that appear in my family history, up in the north of England.

And I would love to have a trip with DH, either to somewhere sunny and by the beach or to somewhere snowy with an open fire, where we lock away all our devices and screens for at least a few days. Might be tough though with two daughters and elderly parents needing to contact us!

:wub:wub:wub

:bananaToday is not only Lynn‘s day, but also yours! :banana

It’s your chance to stock up your stuff because Lynn has a sale today in honor of her feature:

upload_2022-3-6_9-10-23.jpeg

--> click here to go shopping at Lynn Grieveson's Shop at The Lilypad <--

:wub:wub:wub

Our lovely Lynn also has something special for you:

If you sign up for her newsletter you get TWO free kits direct to your inbox:

https://www.lynngrieveson.com/contact

upload_2022-3-6_19-14-45.jpeg

:beat Enjoy this day with Lynn!!! :beat

Now it’s your turn…

Scrap a page using Lynn Grieveson designs.
    Meet the gallery guidelines of 50% TLP product.
    Post in the Lynn Grieveson gallery and share your page in this thread.

:fairydance I can't wait to see all your beautiful layouts created with products by Lynn! :fairydance

And now I will show you some of my layouts I created using Lynn's products for you as inspiration.

...Inspiration for creating layouts:byay and inspriration to go shopping:happydance2 during the big sale today...

Here are layouts I designed using only Lynn's products: kits, brushes, templates:

upload_2022-3-6_9-11-24.jpeg

...and here you can see how wonderful Lynn's templates are! I love, love, love them!
    Don't forget to search her album/photoboook templates, they are SO perfect for scrapping multiple photos! Events, vacation, traveling,...

upload_2022-3-6_9-11-45.jpeg

----------

Be sure to check out our LOVE Our Designers event daily since you never know WHO is going to be featured when! And who knows, the designer(s) may pop in here and there with special surprises and interactions while we are scrapping!

Last edited: Mar 6, 2022
    G.J., Cath_ and ajm like this.
  2. Cath_

Cath_ In my polka dot dress and apron

Lynn has always given me really nice comments on my lyouts And once made me special date tag for our anniversary date. hugs

my files are a mess, but put this together

[​IMG]

Lookin forward to sale, she snuck some cooking cards in shop

[​IMG]

LynnG, sucali and ajm like this.
  3. Gwen

Gwen New Member

Hi,
    I set all alarms & wisthles not to miss this day, but I must be doing something wrong beause when I take a look at the store the items are not on sale. I used the link, should I go to the shop in a different way?

A lovely sunday to all.

sucali likes this.
  4. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

I love Lynn's designs. Her template collections are perfect for our family adventures pages, and her kits are so beautiful and versatile.
    I have a number of favourite go to kits, and The Quiet Life kit is one of them. I've used it on this page together with Frostell Template Album and, Worn Photo Edges also by Lynn Grieveson.
    [​IMG]

5. Cath_

some pages i have done

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. Cath_

it be up soon, check back in few hours. different time zones

LynnG and sucali like this.
  7. Angela Toucan

Sometimes we come in a bit early for the store to have changed over.

8. marijke

marijke Weekends are for wine.

9. easyeyes4you

easyeyes4you Well-Known Member

I got the Richmond kit a LONG time ago as a subscriber and it is probably my most favorite kit and I find myself using parts of it regularly... Sadly it cannot be used for challenges, and one page where I had used it extensively I had to totally re-do.... Lynn is on my list of favorite Designers... I have things of hers, from long before her LilyPad days... We laughed about that when I found her here... I am a relative newbie to this site,,, maybe 5 years??? They fly so fast!!!!! She is totally responsive to her customers and an email sent to her is usually answered almost immediately which always makes me smile....

10. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

I have so many of Lynn's kits, and use them a lot, I especially love the papers , paints and brushes.
    Here is 1 I made for the " Bad Photo " challenge MOC 22
    [​IMG]
    This uses a template from Sahin Design, but I love the Apple of my eye kit, and wanted to show it.
    [​IMG]
    One of the favourite pages I made last year All Lynn G.
    [​IMG]
    Ok I am going shopping now LOL

11. ajm

ajm Well-Known Member

Much love for your designs and photos!:heartslub

[​IMG]

12. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

@LynnG
    @sucali
    The shop is still not on sale , but Tangies is not either , so there should have been a swap over ?

sucali likes this.
  13. sucali

sucali sucali

I am very sorry...I will see if I find an admin who can look for the missing sale.
    Please be patient, thank you so much!!!:grouphug:beat:beat:beat

LynnG and Nemla like this.
  14. sucali

sucali sucali

It's on sale now:banana:fairydance...happy shopping ladies!!!:happyhug:happydance2

LynnG, Angela Toucan and Nemla like this.
  15. sucali

sucali sucali

I created a layout using Lynn's brand-new "Still Butterflies" collection, this is such a beautiful collection!

[​IMG]

LynnG likes this.
  16. Dady

Dady Well-Known Member

I love, love. all Lynn's products, collections, templates ... well everything

[​IMG]

17. sucali

sucali sucali

ooooh wow...wonderful layouts here!!!:beat:wub

LynnG likes this.
  18. Angela Toucan

Richmond can be used for the regular monthly challenges as freebies and retired products by current designers are allowed. The only ones you can't use it for are the MOC ones.

19. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

Susanne, Thanks for hosting!!!

Re a favorite of Lynn's??? That is like having to choose a favorite child LOL.. all of them! I especially love all of Lynn's Beach, Ocean and Sea style of kits.. here is a page I just made with the Bristol Kit and a fun template of Lynn's called Cut It Up.. all of her templates are wonderful too.. gosh so many good things in her store!!!

[​IMG]

LynnG, sucali and Angela Toucan like this.
  20. AmandaJ

AmandaJ Adagio, or Allegro? I can't decide.