LOD 2022 | March 11 | ForeverJoy Designs

Discussion in '2022 LOD' started by bcnatty, Mar 11, 2022.

1. bcnatty

bcnatty Disney - it's all for the kids!

:heartslub FOREVERJOY DESIGNS is our daily crush!!:heartslub

[​IMG]

This event isn't a traditional CHALLENGE in that there aren't any real rules. It's just...Scrap with the featured designer! It’s a fun event to just scrap with products from a fave designer or try a new (to you) designer. It’s all about having fun and celebrating the uniqueness of all of our Lilypad Designers! :)

Today we are going to play with Renne from ForeverJoy Designs. If you’re not familiar with her, go have a look at her amazing store here. Renne's kits are always so much fun! There are so many little hidden treasures in each kit, from her fun and colourful patterned papers, to her amazing felt board signs, to her cute little drawn animals and people!!

First and foremost, here are a few quick links to follow along with Renne and her amazeball designs!!
    ForeverJoy Designs
    newsletter signup link https://goo.gl/ZJrBX6
    blog/website link http://www.foreverjoydesigns.com/
    facebook fan page https://www.facebook.com/ForeverJoy.Designs/
    Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/4everjoydesigns/
    Instagram https://www.instagram.com/foreverjoydesigns/
    Youtube https://goo.gl/Z7H7dT
    TLP username: ForeverJoy

You're gonna want to go ahead and click on the newsletter signup link because she has a special little promocode for her newsletter subscribers :happyclap

On top of that promocode, her entire store is 30% off for today only!!

[​IMG]

I asked Renne a few questions so we could all get to know her a little better.

1. Tell us a little about your life.

I live in NYC with my awesome hubby of 29 years, my 2 sons and my goofy sheepadoodle. Right now I'm navigating the waters of living with bigs- my older son Ryan is 23, my not-so-little guy is 15. Magic at home is a little harder to make as they get older- but I'm determined to keep that good stuff going. They may roll their eyes- but I know they love the silly stuff I do! We will be building leprechaun traps on St. Paddys and having a nighttime egg hunt for Easter! :beat

2. What inspires you when you are making a kit?

I think it all comes down to what stories I'd like to tell at the moment. It could be seasonal, or themed around a holiday- or their could just be something happening in my life I'd like to push pause on and document. No matter what I always try and add a bit of positivity to my designs.

3. What's your go to snack/drink when you are designing?

I have an IV of coffee hooked up at all times. I always have the History Channel playing in the background- I am a huge Ancient Aliens fan! :giggle

I don't really eat while at my desk- instead I try and break for a nice lunch and reset. I love mason jar salads best!

4. What is your favourite kit (or kits) that you have designed?

oooh! That is crazy hard to answer because I truly love them all! I can tell you what I was feeling or was inspired by for each and everyone- and because of that- each is really a part of me!

The Halloween kits may be my favorite seasonal ones to make- School Daze got me though pandemic virtual schooling with a good laugh- and I will forever love my teen kits. That's a hard one!

5. Is there anything else you would like us to know?

some random facts about me:

I met my husband when he was my neighborhood "beat cop" he was very cute in his uniform! I asked him out 3 times before he finally said yes! (He's paying for that now :giggle)

Our first date was a wedding- the one we went to was very dull- so we crashed one across the hall.

I practiced Criminal Law in Brooklyn for 20 years- I was a prosecutor and then a defense attorney. I jumped off that track once my dad passed away. Life's too short- and they are only little for so long. I loved those times- but have no regrets.

I believe you will only regret the chance you don't take.
    When my first son was born- I needed to take a break from trial work so I started catering. I learned by washing dishes for cooking classes at the French Culinary Institute at night. When my second son was born- I started design work. It's never too late to start all over again :beat

I was once on Food Network- it was a show called "It's A Surprise!" and they threw my parents a surprise second wedding! (They had eloped the first time) :giggle You can see the episode here

Wowzers!! :notworthy Renne is officially the coolest person I know!!!

Here is the page I made for the LOD with ForeverJoy Designs' kit Winter Times

[​IMG]

I don't know if she remembers this, but when I first came to the Pad, I bugged Renne forever to let me on her CT...and she foolishly let me come on board. :gigglep
    She really is one of the coolest people I know, and she's so sweet and her designs rock!!

Here are some older pages I have scrapped with her kits!!

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Now it's your turn to make a page with (mostly) ForeverJoy Designs. Explore her store and see what irresistible goodies you find. Or shop your own stash!

Please make sure you meet the gallery guidelines of 50% TLP product. Post in the ForeverJoy Designs Gallery and share your page in this thread.

Be sure to check out our LOVE Our Designers event daily since you never know WHO is going to be featured when! And who knows, the designer(s) may pop in here and there with special surprises and interactions while we are scrapping!!!

2. Cath_

Cath_ In my polka dot dress and apron

i like pink and our monthly anniversary is the 17th

[​IMG]

ForeverJoy likes this.
  3. Trish

Trish Well-Known Member

Using Beautiful Dreamer one of my favorite kits!!
    [​IMG]

ForeverJoy likes this.
  4. Trish

Trish Well-Known Member

Your Selfie
    [​IMG]

ForeverJoy likes this.
  5. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

ForeverJoy likes this.
  6. Meibritt

Meibritt CT - Kate Hadfield

"Strawberry Fields" is one of my favorite Kits.
    [​IMG]

ForeverJoy likes this.
  7. garrynkim

garrynkim I'm not messy, I'm just really creative!

Love her designs. It was great reading more about her!
    [​IMG]

ForeverJoy and wvsandy like this.
  8. EHStudios

EHStudios I am more clever than I think

I love your line about "adding positivity to your designs" @ForeverJoy I see it in every kit I play with! I ADORE that spirit in this world!!

Here's what I made today!
    [​IMG]

ForeverJoy and wvsandy like this.
  9. Bagheertje

Bagheertje Well-Known Member

10. sharonb

sharonb Cher Memere

How cool is this?! Renee is amazing. The TC show was cute and how exciting!

ForeverJoy likes this.
  11. ForeverJoy

ForeverJoy Swimming in the big tank

Of course I remember!! :beat You have always been such a positive supporter- thank you for everything! And THANK YOU for hosting me today and all your :beat words!!
    :luvya

Trish you always and forever rock my designs- thank you! This kit definitely has a sepcial flace in my digi heart! your layout is awesome!

Love Love Love!!! its' so fun Justine! :glomp

Thank you!! Your layout shows you had fun with it! :beat Love it!

@Cath_ love those pinks and that delicate feel!

:luvya Thank you!

:glomp you shine positivity too -as always my friend! Thank you!

@Bagheertje that is just so precious! :beat

:giggle Thanks!! It was crazy fun!

bellbird, Cath_, Trish and 1 other person like this.
  12. EllenT

EllenT I live for that hourglass ...

13. wvsandy

wvsandy Grinning Granny

While looking for product that I don't own, I came across her Love You More Mini Book with a wonderful You Tube video explaining how to put it together. Very inspiring to watch Renee work.
    [​IMG]

AlyciaIN and ForeverJoy like this.
  14. ForeverJoy

Oh MY!!! :beat

15. ForeverJoy

:beat that may have made my day @wvsandy thank you!

Last edited: Mar 11, 2022
    wvsandy likes this.
  16. wvsandy

wvsandy Grinning Granny

ForeverJoy likes this.
  17. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I have SOOO many pages made with Renne's fabulous designs! Here are a couple of my favs:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

ForeverJoy likes this.
  18. ForeverJoy

:hi5 Thank you for looking out! It's all fixed!

@Karen :beat Those are AWESOME!! and I love seeing you peek into your photos :beat

Karen likes this.
  19. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

Thanks Natty for hosting.. I made a page using Renee's Good Old Days Page Kit
    [​IMG]

bcnatty and ForeverJoy like this.
  20. ForeverJoy

oh gosh!! That phot has my heart!! :beat

cfile likes this.