LOD 2022 | Feb 26 | Nicole (NBK Designs)

Discussion in '2022 LOD' started by wombat146, Feb 26, 2022.

1. EllenT

EllenT I live for that hourglass ...

2. cinderella

cinderella I was alone once...best.day.ever.

I love Nicole's designs! She's so talented and prolific. I love her huge collections, the artsy feel, all the brushes and styles: she's a top designer and we are lucky to have her at TLP!
    Don't miss this amazing sale. It's like a SOSN Wednesday on her whole store! And the Free with purchase kit is just amazing. Here is a page I made with it:
    [​IMG]

wombat146 likes this.
  3. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Thanks so much for the challenge.

[​IMG]

wombat146 likes this.
  4. Janisn

Janisn Well-Known Member

I always get more artsy when using Nicole's designs
    [​IMG]

wombat146 likes this.
  5. EHStudios

EHStudios I am more clever than I think

Talented & prolific are definitely the words! I never need to think about pulling from elsewhere because her kits are filled!!

[​IMG]

wombat146 likes this.
  6. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

I've been so confused about how NBK products work while purchasing. I only began to realize a couple months ago that there are drop down menus we're supposed to choose from for some of the kits. Before that I thought NBK was much too expensive for me so I've barely collected anything, which is a shame because I love artsy painty scattered colorful stuff.

I did a little shopping before making this page but was getting tired (third LOD designer today, as I'm catching up). I looked at a bundle from which I guess I chose one item a couple months ago and one of my favorite TLP features, the warning notification, popped up saying I'd bought it already. But I'm sure I only bought one of the 12 options. For NBK stuff, do we have to be better of keeping track of what we have bought and ignore those notifications if we want another option from the bundle? I was too tired to try to figure out it out, so I just moved on to something else. And often I don't have enough time to spend in the store. I just want to scrap.

Someday, hopefully it will make more sense to me.

[​IMG]

wombat146 and Trish like this.
  7. wvsandy

wvsandy Grinning Granny

Nicole always gives us so much to play with!
    [​IMG]

wombat146 and Trish like this.
  8. wombat146

wombat146 Check out my kilt! And my turret!

Michele, I **think** that what you wrote is correct, that if you buy say just the templates from a collection, then the store system will tell you that you have already purchased the collection itself. I would think that there is a lot of work in setting up the back-end of the store to keep an eye on every single purchase. I will tag Laura just to make sure I have it right though. :) @lmccandless

As a suggestion, maybe just copy and paste the name of the product you purchase into a Notebook file you can keep on your desktop? Then you can just refer to it quickly?

Your layout is stunning btw! What a great song and I LOVE how you set the words on an angle like! Very creative!! :heartlub

michelepixels likes this.
  9. wombat146

wombat146 Check out my kilt! And my turret!

Goodness, you gals have been busy while I was sleeping!!! Off to the gallery I go to leave some well deserved love on all of them!!! :wub

10. sharonb

sharonb Cher Memere

11. easyeyes4you

easyeyes4you Well-Known Member

I have so much "lost" stuff... The Eclectic kit which was recently on sale, , the site told me I had already purchased!!! really??? Took a bit to find it and some communication with Nicole about some of the components of what I had purchased... Anyway, this page was recently done with that kit, and some frame fragments by Rebecca... I love how soft and pretty this page is... a bit different from most of my stuff....

nbk-ECLECTIC
    https://the-lilypad.com/store/Eclectic-options.html

[​IMG]

wombat146 likes this.
  12. easyeyes4you

I want to share this page also, since it really spotlights my all time favorite style by Nicole.... I used it recently and got a few questions about it... It is called Disco and I will get the url in a moment... mouse only holds one item at a time!!!! It is in this collection https://the-lilypad.com/store/artCrush-No2-option.html ..... My cart is full , will see if I can get a new page created from new stuff....

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 26, 2022
    wombat146 likes this.
  13. DigiGrace

DigiGrace Make mine a purple passion

Love Nicole's fabulous kits!

[​IMG]

wombat146 likes this.
  14. easyeyes4you

@michelepixels

Michelle, I understand your confusion, but once you get a handle on it, you will love it, because it makes all parts and pieces affordable.... Here is how I do it... Thankfully with my failing memory, I usually recognize things I have bought... So I scroll through all the previews of what is in the kit making note of what interests me and if anything looks familiar. Then I go to teh price place below and check the price on only the things that I was interested in... If you expand the shopping cart, you can see which of the bundle you have put into your cart... this used to be frustrating to me since it always showed the overall preview, but like I said, actually look into the cart and you can see which item of that bundle you have chosen... not sure if this is a new feature or not... and then the elusive heads up that you bought "something????" from the kit... I would hope something looks familiar... Customer service is usually happy to let you know which items specifically if you have time to wait... Hope this helps on some level...

michelepixels likes this.
  15. RJMJ

RJMJ There is a shade of red for every woman.

Happy LOD! Nicole!...Love! Me Some NBK!!!...So Versatile!...Love! The Mixed Media/Artsy Papers...& Don't Forget Those Amazing Styles!!!...My Go-To Favorites!!!...But This Page Has Quite A Bit Of "Magic Lights" & Let's Not Forget Those Awesome!!! "Artsy Bits & Pieces!"...I Created My Page From One Of Nicole's Older Collections...Art Crush No.13!...I Felt It Needed Some Love! Today!!!...Art Crush No.13!!!...& 13 Is My Lucky Number!!!...It Was Calling Me To Create!!!...So I Did!...Thanks Nicole...

*My C'Mon Life Layout : Art Crush No.13 : NBK Design

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 26, 2022
  16. AlyciaIN

AlyciaIN Well-Known Member

Here's a layout that I made earlier with NBK's Delightful collection:

[​IMG]

wombat146 likes this.
  17. AlyciaIN

Here's one I did with NBK's Be Merry Be Bright collection:

[​IMG]

wombat146 likes this.
  18. AlyciaIN

And another one with her Be Merry Be Bright collection:

[​IMG]

wombat146 likes this.
  19. AlyciaIN

And her Happy Birthday To Me collection:
    [​IMG]

wombat146 likes this.
  20. AlyciaIN

Created with NBK's White Christmas and Chalky Christmas collections and 3D Snowflakes:
    [​IMG]

wombat146 likes this.