LOD 2021 | March 5th - Nicole (NBK Designs)

Discussion in '2021 LOD' started by wombat146, Mar 5, 2021.

1. wombat146

wombat146 Check out my kilt! And my turret!

Love Our Designers | March 5th

:heartlub Nicole (aka NBK Designs) is our daily crush! :heartlub

This event isn't a traditional CHALLENGE in that there aren't any real rules. It's just...Scrap with the featured designer! It’s a fun event to just scrap with products from a fave designer or try a new (to you) designer. It’s all about having fun and celebrating the uniqueness of all of our Lilypad Designers! :)

Don't forget the Designer Chat with Nicole (NBK Designs) on March 5 at 3.00pm EST/noon PST

[​IMG]

Let's start with Nicole's fantastic sale in her store!
    (Click on the ad below to take you to the store!)
    [​IMG]

Purchase NBK Designs March 2021 BYOC artCRUSH #37 Collection and
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

receive this Free with Purchase Add-on.
    [​IMG]

To connect with Nicole and stay in touch with her latest news, use one of the following links:

Gallery https://rebrand.ly/nbk-Gallery
    Shop https://rebrand.ly/NBK-Shop
    Youtube https://www.youtube.com/user/NBKDesignTutorials/
    Blog http://www.nbk-design.com
    Instagram https://instagram.com/nbk_design/
    NBK-Design Catalogue https://rebrand.ly/NBK-ProductCatalogue
    Facebook https://www.facebook.com/NBKDesign
    artology Studio http://www.artology.studio
    Newsletter http://eepurl.com/heB6A

Nicole also has a fantastic Newsletter freebie for you all as well, click on the image below to sign up for her newsletter if you haven't done that already! :)
    [​IMG]

The quotes are ones that Nicole has been sharing on her Instagram so make sure you are signed up so you receive this Download link when you are registered!
    [​IMG]

I have been a BIG fan of Nicole's designs for many years and used to be on her CT a few years ago! I simply adore her, she is such a warm, friendly and lovely person! I am constantly amazed at the beautiful designs she creates, and wonder how in the heck does she come up with these stunning colour palettes and exceptional designs, over and over again! Nicole's products are so very easy to work with, whether I am creating a full-on mixed media layout or something more on the minimalist side, I know that I will find everything I need in the one collection! My only problem is that I don't have enough hours in the day to create more pages with her collections! :)

I find so much inspiration in Nicole's designs and they always seem to 'push me' to be more creative in my own way, using her products in different ways to achieve different effects. I absolutely adore all the paints, gesso and brushes that come with collections, and textures!!!! *swoon* if you know me then you know I love textures! :) I can honestly spend a whole day working on a layout using Nicole's products, time stands still for me while I try different different techniques, using her styles, paints and brushes to create my own brand of art. These are just some of my most fave layouts using Nicole's products.

Layout: Dear Diary using NBK Design's Dear Diary Collection:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Layout: Wanderlust using NBK Design's Wanderlust Collection:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Layout: Autumn Whisper using NBK Design's Autumn Whisper Collection:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Layout: Better Alone using NBK Design's Sometimes Collection:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Nicole's collections are simply filled to the brim with sensational products such as brushes, gesso and textures already mentioned, but don't forget the styles, the scribbles, the magic lights, the amazing artsy type elements and of course her magical templates! *just wow* Her week by week templates are so easy to work with and her Storybook, Letter Sized templates are my favourite! While Nicole's collections are big, her products are also available separately so you can pick and choose just what you want to work with!

Getting to know a designer is always fun so I asked Nicole these three questions:

1. Nicole, you have designed some fabulous products over the years, do you have one or two favourites you would like to share with us?

"There are so many and most of the collections have their own story. I love the Brave New World Collection from last year by NBK-Design."

[​IMG]

"Also one of my favorite ones is Opposites Attract by NBK-Design.

I’ve painted a lot from that collection and I love the papers and the colorful elements.
    "

[​IMG]
    "Urban Garden is also one that has a deeper story. While creating it, I fell in love again after a long long time, I never thought this would happen again. So this collection reminds me always of that time."

[​IMG]

"The more I now look thru the collections the more I could find :—) Intuitive is also another one I love because of all the painted brushes and color. I wanted to create a collection only out of intuitive feelings. I wasn’t sure if anything will go together at the end. :-)"

2. Where do you design your products, do you have a dedicated spot or do you share a space with someone else?

"When I needed to move out of my tiny flat in 2016 I decided to buy my own home. The most important thing was that I wanted to have a HUGE office. I think that room is the most used room in my own 4 walls.
    And here is a little sneak peek into my office :-) https://go.nbk-design.com/WHG-Studio

I don't share with anyone my castle. It’s really a total girls flat all in turquoise and aqua colors. The huge canvas in my living room is created with scrapbooking supplies https://go.nbk-design.com/WHG-Wohnen also the colorful one in my Dinning area is created out of my Brushmixes and styles. https://go.nbk-design.com/WHG-Essen
    "

3. In a Covid free world, is there anywhere in our big beautiful world that you would love to travel to? What draws you to this place?

"Always Spain. My parents own a little house down there and by plane I am in 2 hours in Alicante and for me it’s a wonderful place. Its warm, its cosy and its sunny and I have WiFi :-) LOL "

Thank you Nicole for sharing your thoughts with us and wow! your studio/office is just stunning and I love those two canvases you have in your rooms as well!

Now it's your turn...
    - Scrap a page using (mostly) NBK Design's products.
    - Meet the gallery guidelines of 50% TLP product
    - Upload your layout to the NBK Design Gallery and share your page in this thread.

Be sure to check out our Love Our Designers event daily since you never know WHO is going to be featured when! And who knows, the designer(s) may pop in here and there with special surprises and interactions while we are scrapping!!!

Looking forward to seeing your layouts! :)

G.J., umyesh, Ferdy and 2 others like this.
  2. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

[​IMG]
    I am a huge fan girl too.
    While I adore the amazing templates Nicole has created, both the clean graphic photo rich ones and the dimensional arty ones, I really appreciate how much using her paints and loop-de-loops and magic lights has allowed me to create artsy designs just for the fun of playing and expression.

NBK-Design, G.J., Dady and 1 other person like this.
  3. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

[​IMG]

I love all the paints, the wonderful masks and frames, the loops and all the artsy bits... Nicole's kits are so fun to play with. Her Easy Peasy Templates are fabulous!

NBK-Design, G.J., Dady and 1 other person like this.
  4. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

I really enjoy playing with Nicole's styles on the layers in her templates which is what I did with this page. I created this scripture page because twice today in two different incidences I was presented with this scripture. I found this version in The Voice bible a good one.

[​IMG]

NBK-Design, G.J. and wombat146 like this.
  5. wombat146

wombat146 Check out my kilt! And my turret!

wowsers! Girls you are certainly quick!! and yes to everything you guys have said about the paints and other things you love to use, me too!!!! :yup:wubb

NBK-Design likes this.
  6. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

An old one from me ,but I will make a new one later today for sure, I am a HUGE fan of Nicole's work. And use her kits a whole lot. Now I am of to shop
    [​IMG]

NBK-Design and G.J. like this.
  7. Dady

Dady Well-Known Member

I love Nicole's styles

[​IMG]

NBK-Design, A-M, crazycat1126 and 3 others like this.
  8. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

Here's a page I created with Nicole's artCRUSH 37. It is so versatile!

[​IMG]

NBK-Design likes this.
  9. Trish

Trish Well-Known Member

So excited to be Loving Our Designer Nicole!!! Using her new artCRUSH 37 and her gorgeous Artsy 2021 templates
    [​IMG]

NBK-Design likes this.
  10. Nemla

Spent half the day in Nicole's shop... but this one is made with the new kit Art Crush 37 ( BYOC )
    [​IMG]

NBK-Design and cfile like this.
  11. EllenT

EllenT I live for that hourglass ...

12. cinderella

cinderella I was alone once...best.day.ever.

I love Nicole's designs! She's an amazing artist and person, and I'm blessed to be on her team.
    [​IMG]

NBK-Design likes this.
  13. Nemla

did one more lol a 2fer for the random challenge
    [​IMG]

NBK-Design likes this.
  14. elseepe

elseepe I'll follow the sun

I loved those little glimpses into your flat. Your office space is lovely and a beautiful view. Love that colorful chandelier. And the canvas in your living room is stunning -- it looks to be very large. Inspiring me to think about creating one for myself. I love the turquoise lamp and the pillows too.

NBK-Design likes this.
  15. RJMJ

RJMJ There is a shade of red for every woman.

I Have Tons! Of Nicole's Layouts In My Gallery!...So Many Amazing! Products!...The Versatility Is Endless!...I Love! Everything! About Nicole's Products!...I LOVE! Her STYLES! So Very Much!...Great! PAPERS! Too! & Let's Not Forget Her WONDERFUL! WA & MAGIC LIGHTS! & LOOPs! & Her OH! SO! FABULOUS!!! Templates!...Need I Say More!!!...Thanks! Nicole! For All Of Your Fabulous! Designs!...Have A GREAT! LOD! Day!...:bk...:heartslub...

*Here's My Latest Layout That I Created For NBK's Simple Challenge For February 2021: Art Is Everything

[​IMG]

*Created This LO For MOC9 For The Extreme Shadows Challenge : Butterfly Utopia

[​IMG]

*Created For The MOC9 Doodle Art Challenge :I Am Strong:I Am Woman

[​IMG]

*Created For The MOC9 Torn Title Challenge : Be Merry

[​IMG]

*And Lastly : But Certainly Not The Least : I Could Go On With All Of Nicole's Layouts Here : But I Wanted To Show This Layout In Particular : This Is The Very FIRST!!!!! Pocket Page Layout I Ever Created : And It Was With Nicole's Fantastic! Products : Think+Love+Believe :

[​IMG]

NBK-Design likes this.
  16. Trish

Trish Well-Known Member

I am so honored to be on her team and I was shocked when she asked me. Using her fabulous artCRUSH 37
    [​IMG]

NBK-Design and G.J. like this.
  17. sharonb

sharonb Cher Memere

I am on Nicole's team and she is the best! AC37 was perfect for our real life now- zoom-my husband and our 2 daughters in their own homes.

nbk-AC37web.jpg

Last edited: Mar 5, 2021
    NBK-Design likes this.
  18. Widder51

Widder51 Active Member

I can't decide which one of Nicole's collections is my absolute favorite... love them all! I love her styles and OOTB (for my layout I used ACNo7-OOTB1).

[​IMG]

NBK-Design and Ana_Santos like this.
  19. cinderella

cinderella I was alone once...best.day.ever.

Here's another page by me, using the brand new artCrush No37.
    [​IMG]

NBK-Design and Ana_Santos like this.
  20. wvsandy

wvsandy Grinning Granny

It was fun playing with Nicole's new AC #37 and a SWL template.
    [​IMG]

NBK-Design likes this.