LOD 2021 | March 12 - Pink Reptile Designs

Discussion in '2021 LOD' started by ArmyGrl, Mar 12, 2021.

1. ArmyGrl

ArmyGrl Merlot, Cab, Chard, Reisling - all 4 food groups!

Title_800.jpg
    I am a lover of digital mixed media and nothing makes my heart happier than designers who share their talents with us in digital scrapbooking kits!

Mirjam of Pink Reptile Designs joined The Lily Pad in May of 2013.

Mirjam: "I joined TLP in May 2013! I just can’t believe it’s almost 8 years ago already. I remember VERY well how honored I was when I was accepted as a resident designer among so many super talented designers that I had been a longtime fan of (since I started scrapping and wasn’t even designing yet!) I have loved being here from the day that I started. Everyone has been super nice and supportive from Designers to Staff, Polly’s to Members: everyone! I love, love, love the TLP community. So many kind people from every part of the world sharing their talents and stories. I think that is truly amazing and something very special. I have been friends for years and years with people that I have never met in real life. I don’t know what their voices sound like but I have seen their children grow up, I know their worries and achievements, what their grandparents looked like, the names of their pets and what their favorite food is!!!! How amazing is that!!!!"

I totally agree! And here is an AMAZING layout by community member Ester, @mywisecrafts It does not get more heartfelt than this.

[​IMG]
    Credits: Then and Now Elements, Papers, Templates, and Alpha

Mirjam has a way with color and textures. Did you know, she knits and crochets? Which is why I think I am so drawn to her kits….her handmade, crocheted items show up in them!!! That is digital mixed media at its finest. And it’s like a bit of her soul is in every kit!

I was curious about her design concepts and knitting and crocheting.

Miriam: “…the timing is perfect since I had started working on a couple of crochet projects to put into products.”

I definitely still knit and crochet!!! And yes I do have bits and pieces that I made myself in my kits. As a matter of fact, I am working on some crochet items for my next product line right now!!!

Hmm…I seriously can’t wait to see what those are going be. My excitement is through the roof! If you would like to enjoy some of those handmade items, please do so at a discount today:
    2021-l10.jpg
    BUT DON’T LEAVE ME YET! I’m not done with the interview! I know, sale. Hard to think about anything else.

Let’s get back digital designing…

Mirjam: “I started paper scrapping in 2004 and 2009 is the year that I officially turned digital. I often found it hard to use papers and elements exactly as they were. Many a time I wanted to use a certain element from a kit but needed it in a different color to go with my photo(s), or I wanted to use a flower from a patterned paper as an element but didn’t know (yet) how to cut it out. That is what made me go on the Internet and search for tutorials on how to go about things like that. It got me hooked on doing tutorials and trying out new techniques on my pages and creating things from scratch. That is how I started designing.”

Not gonna lie. I snagged this photo from the Pink Reptile Designs blog. It’s a lovely place. You might wanna check it out.

blog_workspace-2-large.jpg
    This photo captures Mirjam’s design spirt. There is lots of white space and neutrals, but accented with BOLD color, textiles and whimsical designs (that horse…love!, and the jar of threads, swoon! I think I can smell the incense). I asked Mirjam about her inspiration.

Mirjam: “My inspiration is the world around me. Anything and everything can trigger an idea for a page or a kit. Pinterest still being a fantastic source, but I also love to browse from blog to blog. That’s how I found the blogs you mentioned. But also, a song, a movie or even a cool menu card can trigger an idea and sometimes I get tips or requests from customers or members of my creative team that result in new products.”

If you would like to know those blog inspirations, visit the PRD blog. Be sure to click on the INSPIRATION tab.

I was curious about Mirjam’s creative process too…

Mirjam: “I do not have a set routine for creating collections although most of the time I start with an idea that I put to paper. I jot down whatever I think goes well with the idea: wordarts, doodles, what type of elements, shapes, colors, textures, fonts etcetera. Then I start with either the papers or the elements. The element pack I put together as if I am making a layout. I keep adding elements while I create the pack. The complete file is what I use as my preview. The same goes for creating the paper packs. I start with a paper and layer the next one on top of it until it looks good and balanced to me and that layered file is what I use for my product preview. Alpha and templates come in no particular order after that. I need to ‘see’ my kit before I know what alpha goes well with it and what type of templates I think it needs.”

Have you seen some of those templates and alphas? 4-RLZ. Some are in my stash without the kit (I am so sorry, but it’s true, PRD templates and alphas are AMAZING! I am addicted to her alphas and labels!).

Alphas_800.jpg

Since I am particularly drawn to Pink Reptile Design alphas, I had to ask Mirjam if she has a favorite element.

Mirjam: “I don’t really have a favorite element that I like to design. What I love is to try out new things in each pack, whether this is a new type of element, a new technique or a new color combo as long as it is new to me. And I always want my element packs to be versatile and easy to combine with any (of my) other products. Having said that, I also need my basic things like threads, brads, flowers, stitching and tapes. I don’t think I’d be able to scrap a page without any of those in a pack…LOL“

So, that about wraps things up. Which reminds me of two my other all-time favorite Pink Reptile Designs Products…

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So, how about you share some of your Pink Reptile Designs favorites here? An old layout, a new layout. Your all-time favorite Pink Reptile Designs product. Or something on your wish list. Today is about loving Pink Reptile Designs…let us show Mirjam our love for her digital designs, homemade digital elements and design spirit !!

Thank you. And now you can visit her store.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2021
    CharlotteM, Trish, G.J. and 3 others like this.
  2. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

Woot Woot.. I have always loved Mirjam's packs and was so honored many years ago when she asked me to be on her CT. Her designs are fantastic and so versatile. I cannot even tell you which is my favorite as I love all her stuff. Here is a recent page I made with her March BYOC:

[​IMG]

and some others I have made over the years with many of her kits:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

umyesh and mirjam like this.
  3. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

ooh I've been waiting for this day....I absolutely love PRD's goodies and will be back with a layout soon

Cherylndesigns, mirjam and cfile like this.
  4. ArmyGrl

@cfile Christa, I love your layouts!

@littlekiwi Jennifer, I can't wait to see what you create!

mirjam and cfile like this.
  5. ArmyGrl

I've come back with a layout of my own using some of my all time PRD favs!!

[​IMG]

wvsandy, umyesh, mirjam and 1 other person like this.
  6. mirjam

mirjam mirjam

Hi everyone!!!! First of....thanks SO much for the AWESOME interview @ArmyGrl Lisa!

I hope everyone enjoys the sale. I can tell you that I am TOTALLY looking forward to seeing all your pages and maybe you want to share what type of elements/products/styles etc. you would like to see more off.

:bk

ArmyGrl, Ga_L, umyesh and 1 other person like this.
  7. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

I'm one of Mirjam's Pink Ladies :beat:beat:cloud9. She recruited me a few years ago, and I haven't looked back. Mir is as sweet as she is talented. Sharing a few of my layouts here.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And this one was for one of Mir's blog challenges.
    [​IMG]

trekmom, mirjam, cfile and 1 other person like this.
  8. Ga_L

Ga_L Well-Known Member

it's always a pleasure to play with @mirjam 's products

I just made this new page :
    [​IMG]

trekmom, Dady and mirjam like this.
  9. mywisecrafts

mywisecrafts Pollywog

I Love ALLLLLLLLLLLLL of Mirjam's designs. Here's a LO that I just completed for the photography challenge.
    [​IMG]

wvsandy and mirjam like this.
  10. Ga_L

Ga_L Well-Known Member

it's always a pleasure to play with @mirjam 's products

I just made this new page :
    [​IMG]

wvsandy, Dady and mirjam like this.
  11. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

12. EllenT

EllenT I live for that hourglass ...

13. mirjam

mirjam mirjam

@littlekiwi OMG Jennifer that is definitely cracking me up! What a great page! And love your pages Christa, Marilyn, Gaëlle, Esther and Ellen!!!

cfile, mcurtt and littlekiwi like this.
  14. CathQuillScrap

CathQuillScrap I suspect foul play...

Definitely one of my favourite designers. This is my layout just created for the Feb15-Mar14 blog challenge
    [​IMG]

mirjam and wvsandy like this.
  15. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

Love me some PRD! Here is a recent one from MOC:
    [​IMG]

And another:
    [​IMG]

mirjam, wvsandy and trekmom like this.
  16. garrynkim

garrynkim I'm not messy, I'm just really creative!

Love her kits!!
    [​IMG]

mirjam and trekmom like this.
  17. Dady

Dady Well-Known Member

I love all of Mirjam's products and always enjoy playing with them ❤️

[​IMG]

18. marijke

marijke Weekends are for wine.

I love the products of Mirjam .. and I can't believe I'm already 3 years in her team ...

[​IMG]

19. bonnenuit

bonnenuit Why do I always have to be Captain?

Love Mirjam's kits and templates! Here's a few of my layouts with Pink Reptile products:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hope to find some time today for a new layout!

ArmyGrl, mirjam and wvsandy like this.
  20. trekmom

trekmom Well-Known Member