LOD 2021 - March 10 - Designed by Soco

Discussion in '2021 LOD' started by bcnatty, Mar 10, 2021.

1. bcnatty

bcnatty Disney - it's all for the kids!

Love Our Designers | March 10th

:heartlub Designed by Soco is our daily crush! :heartlub

This event isn't a traditional CHALLENGE in that there aren't any real rules. It's just...Scrap with the featured designer! It’s a fun event to just scrap with products from a fave designer or try a new (to you) designer. It’s all about having fun and celebrating the uniqueness of all of our Lilypad Designers! :)
    [​IMG]
    Today we are going to play with Designed by Soco. If you’re not familiar with her, go have a look at her amazing store here. Soco's minimalist yet modern style is just awesome! I love going to her kits and templates for that C&S style that I just love so much!! Soco is also one of the collaborative designers for TLP's Memory Pockets Monthly Subscription...an amazing monthly subscription where you get a main kit, plus add on kits are 35% off!!!

First off, here are a few quick links if you want to follow along with Soco!!
    Newsletter: http://eepurl.com/4kVVL
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/designedbysoco
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/designedbysoco/
    Pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/soco/

I asked Soco a few questions to get to know her better. Read below to see what makes her who she is!!
    1. Where do you call home?

This one is easy and difficult at the same time… Of course, home is where my family is, so France has been my home for the last 18 years. I live in the countryside of the Champagne region with my husband and our two girls. It’s a beautiful place to live and we’re very happy here. I’m so grateful to call this place home! On the other side, a piece of my heart will always be in my home country, Mexico. All the rest of my family is there (my Mom, my sister, my best friend, and a huge extended family and friends I love and I miss so much!), so it will always be home too.

2. What inspires your designs?

Definitely, everyday life… Moments, seasons, events, colors, images, photos... I try to make products that will help us documenting our everyday memories, the little things in life, the happy and not so happy moments…

3. Do you have a signature style?

I think we could say I’m a clean and simple, modern style designer… I love clean lines, geometric shapes, bright and joyful colors, and playing with words!

4. What is your favourite kit you have designed?

Oh my… This is a difficult one… Every new kit is my favorite one, or almost, lol! In this moment, I’m loving my Love Blooms Here – Mini kit because it was delightful working with that color swatch. Among the oldies, I love Spread Your Wings, because it was my first one at The Lilypad. Oh, and also my DYD kits! I love creating Christmassy products!

5. Do you have any other hobbies?

Oh yes! I’m an avid reader (we all are in the family!), I love cooking and baking, watching TV shows, and of course, photography!

6. How would you describe yourself?

I’m a perfectionist, impatient, kind of OCD, and totally homebody… I’m usually trying to find the silver linings, a good listener, and a loyal friend… Almost always smiling, but with the fiery temper of a Latina, lol!

7. Tell us one thing that you want us to know about you.

My favorite moment of the day is early in the morning, when everybody else is asleep, and there’s only silence around me… I LOVE silence, lol!

As a little treat for us, Soco has generously put her entire store on sale for 30% off, PLUS some Buy More Save More Discounts (spend $15 and save 35%, spend $25 and save 40% , spend $35 and save 45%) for today only!!!

She also has a newsletter freebie for her subscribers
    ***this will ONLY be sent out twice...on the 10th and on the 12th - so make sure that you subscribe here!!***

[​IMG]

I was also informed by a little birdie (aka. Soco :giggle ) that there may be a couple GC's she will randomly be handing out for those who participate!! For every NEW layout you post here and in her gallery, you will be entered for a random draw for 2 separate gift certificates
    Today I played with Soco's Silver Linings Kit

[​IMG]

I made this fun page about my little guy always taking time to give me a kiss on my cheek.

[​IMG]
    I was also able to play with her YOLO kit and her newsletter freebie!!!
    [​IMG]

Here's a layout with my little and hubbie just chilling on the couch this past weekend.

[​IMG]
    Here are some other layouts that I have made with Soco's Designs!!
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Now it's your turn to make a page with (mostly) Soco's kits. Check out her store and see what irresistible goodies you find. Or use your own Designed by Soco stash.

Please make sure you meet the gallery guidelines of 50% TLP product.
    Post in Designed by Soco's gallery and share your page in this thread.

Be sure to check out our LOVE Our Designers event daily since you never know WHO is going to be featured when! And who knows, the designer(s) may pop in here and there with special surprises and interactions while we are scrapping!!!

Last edited: Mar 10, 2021
    Avia, Annsofie, Ferdy and 8 others like this.
  2. crazycat1126

crazycat1126 Well-Known Member

I just love Soco's designs and I'm so happy to have been accepted as a guest on her CT for the next few months. I made the page below for her LOD day as well as this month's photography challenge.

I used her Love Blooms here kit, and I agree with Soco, the color palette is delightful!

[​IMG]

Domi092, Soco and Dady like this.
  3. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

woooooo hoo! definitely going to try and play tomorrow

Soco and crazycat1126 like this.
  4. Dady

Dady Well-Known Member

I love Soco's style and I love everything she does, I'm proud to be a part of her fabulous CT!
    I made this page with Soco's latest products and one of her beautiful templates and her freebie newsletter ❤️

[​IMG]

Domi092, janedee, bcnatty and 5 others like this.
  5. Soco

Soco Shhhhhh. Just shhhhhh.

Hello ladies!!! I'm so happy to be here with you! :love I hope you have a lot of fun playing with us!

Trish, bcnatty, Ferdy and 1 other person like this.
  6. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

I enjoy doing clean and simple pages so it was easy to create something with Soco's products.

[​IMG]

crazycat1126, Soco, bcnatty and 2 others like this.
  7. nhudao

nhudao Well-Known Member

I love her products that are so beautiful and colorful but also clean and simple.
    [​IMG]

crazycat1126, Soco and bcnatty like this.
  8. Pheeebzzz

Pheeebzzz Well-Known Member

Here's a page from me, using her lovely Another Sunrise (though it's a sunset on the photo :D) :

[​IMG]

9. Ga_L

Ga_L Well-Known Member

I love playing with @Soco 's products ! and I have the chance and I am proud to be in her CT (since her designer beginning)

[​IMG]

Soco, bcnatty and Dady like this.
  10. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

@Soco, you do realise a sale just means I need all your goodies, right? I’m whittling down my cart as we speak which is a tough ask.

crazycat1126, Soco and bcnatty like this.
  11. Ferdy

Ferdy Heavy Metal Head Banger

I'm lucky to be on Soco's CT, so my opinion is a little biased...I love her style!!
    thank you so much for the freebie! :heartslub

Soco and bcnatty like this.
  12. Claire Grantham

Claire Grantham Pollywog

Same as Ferdy :) I am guesting for Soco, so I am a bit biased, but I LOVE her clean elegant style.
    [​IMG]

Soco and Dady like this.
  13. garrynkim

garrynkim I'm not messy, I'm just really creative!

Love her designs!
    [​IMG]

Soco, Dady and wvsandy like this.
  14. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

15. ajm

ajm Well-Known Member

16. marijke

marijke Weekends are for wine.

17. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

Thanks for the newsletter freebie! I had fun playing with it this morning :)
    [​IMG]

Soco and wvsandy like this.
  18. wvsandy

wvsandy Grinning Granny

Thanks for the newsletter freebie! It was perfect for my LO!
    [​IMG]

Soco and Dady like this.
  19. EllenT

EllenT I live for that hourglass ...

20. Dady

Dady Well-Known Member

another

[​IMG]

crazycat1126 and Soco like this.