LOD 2021 | February 20th - Kim Jensen

Discussion in '2021 LOD' started by IntenseMagic, Feb 20, 2021.

1. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Love Our Designers | February 20th
    [​IMG] Kim Jensen is our daily crush! [​IMG]

This event isn't a traditional CHALLENGE in that there aren't really strict rules. It's just...Scrap with the featured designer! Maybe it's an old favorite, or someone's products you haven't tried before. Just get scrapping!

FebMarchCalendar2021-2-20.jpg

Places you can find Kim:
    newsletter signup link: http://eepurl.com/c3RpU
    blog/website link: http://kimjensendesigns.com/
    Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/KimJensenDesigns
    TLP username: KimJ​

Kim has an amazing newsletter freebie for you, so sign up today!!

2021-LOD-nl-freebie-ad.jpg

And check out the awesome sale!

2021-LOD-sale-ad.jpg

If you haven’t stopped by Kim’s store, you really need to go do that, like now! I absolutely love her fun style and the beautiful colors are sure to perk you right up! She has such a great selection of versatile pieces that are so easy to mix and match to your heart’s content. Her alphas are so creative and perfect for making your page pop!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

You can also join in her fun monthly challenge in the Designer Challenges thread where one layout will be chosen to receive a $10 coupon for Kim Jensen Designs’ shop and all other participants will receive a 20% off coupon for Kim Jensen Designs’ shop!

To get to know her a little better, I decided to ask Kim some fun questions this year! She was such a good sport!! If you want to learn more about how she got her start in designing and her design process, you can check out last year’s LOD Thread.

1. Your designs are always full of such wonderful color, if you were a new addition to the crayon box. What color would you be and why?
    When my kids were younger and they would press me to name my favorite color, I would say "rainbow plaid polka dot", and that has continued to be my official favorite color in our family. LOL I think that would make a pretty awesome crayon – colorful and happy and full of fun and energy!

2. Do you have a particular genre or decade of music that is just your jam? Do you listen to music or tv when you are designing?
    I mostly listen to pop, with some classic rock for flavor. [​IMG] I really like a lot of current music, but 80s brings back all the high school/college vibes, so it resonates a bit more. I am not, however, thrilled that our local "oldies" radio station now primarily plays 80s! LOL

As far as what I listen to while designing, it depends on my mood and how much focus is required for what I'm working on. I usually put up a variety of random YouTube videos on my second monitor. TV can get really distracting for me (especially since I sit at my desk with my back to the TV), so it has to be something I know well enough to subconsciously absorb and not get sucked in. If I really need to concentrate, I prefer quiet, but I will put on classical music to help neutralize other household noises if needed (primarily DH's TV in the next room). I tend to reserve listening to more upbeat music for activities like driving or housework.

3. What’s the most interesting thing about you that we wouldn’t learn from your resume alone?
    Well, it's been over 30 years since I composed an actual resume, so I'm just going to have to imagine what a current one would contain. [​IMG] Not on my resume... how I chose my major. I was into a wide variety of things in high school. I took art and choir all 4 years, I was on the school paper, I loved math and science and English, and I got straight A's in everything except history (which I just could never get into... I wish they'd had Drunk History videos back then LOL). When I sat down with my guidance counselor to choose a major, I just told him I wanted to do something where I could make a good income. His offhand comment of "engineers get paid well" led to me choosing Electrical Engineering, which is how I met my husband (engineering fraternity) and how I ended up in Texas (moved here to work for Ericsson). I wouldn't be where I am without that 5-minute conversation!

4. What hobbies do you have outside of digiscrapping? What kinds of things do you do to relax?
    My downtime lately is mostly binging TV shows while playing games on my phone. I recently watched Bridgerton (great story and characters but the steamy scenes get a little awkward when other family members happen to traipse through the room LOL), followed by The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel (a new favorite, anxiously awaiting the next season), and I'm currently in the middle of Mr. Robot (intriguing, but a little too intense to be relaxing LOL). Games in my rotation right now are Spider solitaire, Killer Sudoku, Matchington Mansion, and Picture Cross.

5. Are there colors that you love to use in designing more than others? Are some more difficult for you?
    I'm really drawn to most pure, bright colors, with vibrant pinks probably being what I gravitate towards most. I've gone through phases where I was in love with particular combinations, but am not into any specifically at the moment. I feel like I've gotten more comfortable with earthy, muted colors, but I still have the hardest time in general with pastels. I always want to give them more oomph!

And bonus **Who would win a fight between Spiderman and Batman?
    Ha ha, I feel like I've stepped into an episode of Big Bang Theory! I don't know if I have enough knowledge regarding all of the different variations of the characters to give an educated answer, but my gut says Batman would win on pure attitude. [​IMG]

Here is a page I made with her latest collection, Carpe Diem:
    [​IMG]

And here is a page I made a while back. I adore this fun kit for the Toy Story lovers in my house:
    Jan-IntenseMagic-Pals-87adeb3c83.jpg

Now it's your turn...
    Besides the standard gallery requirements, there aren't any crazy rules to follow
    beyond simply scrapping with our featured designer for the day!!​

So today scrap a page using (mostly) Kim Jensen Designs. Meet the gallery guidelines of 50% TLP product. Post in Kim’s gallery and share your page in this thread (below).

And as an added bonus - Kim will randomly choose two people who post a layout in this thread by noon Eastern on February 23 to win a $10 coupon to her shop.

Be sure to check out our LOVE Our Designers event daily since you never know WHO is going to be featured when! And who knows, the designer(s) may pop in here and there with special surprises and interactions while we are scrapping!!!

Attached Files:

• Joy.jpg
      Joy.jpg
      File size:
      238.7 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2021
    JenEm, Mum23ms, KimJ and 5 others like this.
  2. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

I love the questions you asked Kim! It was fun to read her answers :)

KimJ and IntenseMagic like this.
  3. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

I just bought Carpe Diem to use for this page and I can see myself using it again. I have used two things from my very favourite kit of Kim's - Garden Pop.

[​IMG]

KimJ, KittyY and IntenseMagic like this.
  4. cinderella

cinderella I was alone once...best.day.ever.

I love Kim's designs!
    [​IMG]

5. Dady

Dady Well-Known Member

I love Kim's products

[​IMG]

KimJ, KittyY, G.J. and 2 others like this.
  6. G.J.

G.J. If I Could Turn Back Time

Kim I enjoyed reading your answers, and I am a BIG fan of your designs, actually my gallery includes many layouts using your products.

KimJ, garrynkim and IntenseMagic like this.
  7. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

8. marijke

marijke Weekends are for wine.

9. garrynkim

garrynkim I'm not messy, I'm just really creative!

[​IMG]
    Love her! She's the best!!

IntenseMagic, KimJ, KittyY and 2 others like this.
  10. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

here's one with some photos I found this morning when looking for something else. They made me smile so much I scrapped them instead of my original plan.
    [​IMG]

11. G.J.

I haven't received the freebie yet, although I'm a NL subscriber from loooooooooong time ago, but I thank for it, waiting the NL. Here's my take, I used only Kim's stuff. Wishing you both a very beautiful weekend. @IntenseMagic thanks for hosting!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 20, 2021
  12. KittyY

KittyY Who is Dol-say and Gab-anna?

13. barbaraj

barbaraj Well-Known Member

Here's one from me using Carpe Diem Bundle:
    [​IMG]

IntenseMagic and KimJ like this.
  14. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

thank you for the fabulous newsletter gift @KimJ

KimJ likes this.
  15. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

Thanks @IntenseMagic Jan for hosting & Thanks Kim @KimJ for the awesome Label freebie :) I love bookplates!!!

IntenseMagic and KimJ like this.
  16. Kendra

Kendra Well-Known Member

17. KimJ

KimJ Did you check in the refrigerator?

Thanks so much to everyone for playing along! I love seeing all of your wonderful pages! :heartslub

Today's newsletter went out about an hour ago. :) Anyone who subscribed after it went out will be able to access the past newsletters from a link on the confirmation page if you don't want to wait for the next one. :-)

umyesh and G.J. like this.
  18. G.J.

I received. Beautiful NL gift, thank you so much @KimJ !

KimJ likes this.
  19. Bagheertje

Bagheertje Well-Known Member

20. EllenT

EllenT I live for that hourglass ...