LOD 2020 - March 5 - Sahlin Studio

Discussion in '2020 LOD' started by bestcee, Mar 5, 2020.

1. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

LOVE OUR DESIGNERS - March 5th
    Sahlin Studio is our Daily Crush!
    0305.jpg
    This event isn't a traditional CHALLENGE in that there aren't really rules. It's just...Scrap with the featured designer! Maybe it's an old favorite, or someone's products you haven't tried before. Just get scrapping!

A Bit About: Krista Sahlin
    Store: https://the-lilypad.com/store/Sahlin-Studio/
    Newsletter Signup: http://sahlinstudio.com/newsletter/
    Insta: https://www.instagram.com/kristasahlin/
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SahlinStudio
    Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/kristasahlin/
    TLP username: sahlink
    Project Mouse on FB: https://www.facebook.com/groups/projectmouse/
    (If you love Project Mouse, you'll love the inspiration you can find here!)

Besides the standard gallery requirements, there aren't any crazy rules to follow beyond simply scrapping with our featured designer for the day!!
    Celebrate Sahlin Studio with this sale!​
    sahlinstudio-onedayonlysale-promo.png
    I asked Krista a few questions to get to know her better.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    How did you start designing? I started designing back in 2008, and they applied and won a "design" contest that got me a place in my first digital scrapbook store, ScrapMatters back in 2009. I joined the Lilypad team in 2010.

Name a quirk about yourself?Something that people find strange about me is that "in real life", I ONLY love neutral colors... From my house, to my clothing, to my notebooks, pretty much everything is black, grey, white or wood tones. Seriously. Put one red blanket on the couch in the living room and it will drive me crazy!! So it's surprising to alot of people that I am a graphic designer, and that I design with so much color!!

If you were a kit, which kit would you be? Chesterfield by Sahlin Studio - This is a kit that would represent myself. I love all of the neutral tones and typography; a little worn, yet very classic.
    [​IMG]

Your favorite kit you made? One of my favorites is Like a Boss.

[​IMG]

Your favorite Disney kit? Oh gosh.... NO!!! This is like choosing a favorite child!! I have a least a dozen favorites (besides the fact that the one thing Britt and I say at the end of every collection is, "this is our new favorite"). You can find all of the Project Mouse items here. A couple of my top contenders for favorites include: Project Mouse: Vibes , Project Mouse Beginnings and Project Mouse Classic.

[​IMG]

Your favorite Disney park spot? My favorite area of Disney is Epcot. (Perhaps its because I love food so much? The food at Epcot is amazing.) We stayed at Disney Beach Club resort during our last vacation, and loved the back door entrance into Epcot. We could eat breakfast in France, and dinner in Canada.

Your favorite Disney ride? I don't know if this is exactly my "favorite" ride... but my most "memorable" ride is ALWAYS Splash Mountain. I can recall back years and years of memories of my kids singing, "Zippadeedodah" and getting soaking wet.​
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So let's show our Krista Sahlin our love today and scrap a page using her products. If you want to scrap along with me, feel free to post your pages in Sahlin Studios Gallery when you upload and then come show them off here!

Here's my most recent one using Project Mouse Wizarding Collection and one of the templates from the 2019 blog challenges at Sahlin's blog. Check out the most recent challenge here: Blog Template Challenge. The template I used is available in the bundle here.

[​IMG]

Now it's your turn...
    Scrap a page using (mostly) Sahlin Studio designs
    Meet the gallery guidelines of 50% TLP product
    Post in Sahlin Studio Gallery and share your page in this thread.

Be sure to check out our LOVE Our Designers event daily since you never know WHO is going to be featured when! And who knows, the designer(s) may pop in here and there with special surprises and interactions while we are scrapping!!!

Kat and cinderella like this.
  2. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

Well if it weren't for Krista & Britt's early teaming up before Project Mouse, I don't know how long it would have taken me to find & settle in here at the Pad! Krista is really the reason I came here, back in 2010 & the rest is history & to be continued really - & she's right about every new Project Mouse collection being the new favourite but their artsy & pin packs are some of my current faves!
    if I have time in the morning I'll pop back with a page but it's bedtime now so I look forward to seeing the pretties in this thread when I wake up :)

3. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I am definitely a LONG time fan of Krista's designs! :agree

bestcee, sahlink and redplaid3 like this.
  4. LilachOren

LilachOren Well-Known Member

LOVE your products so much!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

bestcee and sahlink like this.
  5. CathQuillScrap

CathQuillScrap I suspect foul play...

Sahlin Studio is one of my go to's when looking for a template to use. Love them.

bestcee and sahlink like this.
  6. Dady

Dady Well-Known Member

Here's mine

[​IMG]

7. GlazeFamily3

GlazeFamily3 Peeking in everyone's windows ...

I am sure it is COMPLETELY evident from my gallery how much I love Krista and her designs! She and Britt are the reason I got into digital scrapbooking originally.

Lisa B, bestcee and sahlink like this.
  8. EllenT

EllenT I live for that hourglass ...

9. wvsandy

wvsandy Grinning Granny

Always fun to play with Sahlin Studio! Somehow I'd missed the Chesterfield kit so was happy to grab it!
    My job here as Great-Grandma is to record the struggles for Grandma. lol
    [​IMG]

Lisa B and sahlink like this.
  10. Trish

Trish Well-Known Member

Like a Boss is one of my favorite also

bestcee likes this.
  11. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Krista is one of my favorite designers, too and I have SO many of she and Britt's kits! When I first joined here, I needed a "guy kit" and bought "Grunge". I have used that kit over and over again - I still reach for certain things from that kit. I also love and own many, many Disney kits, too. I'll be back with a page or two.

bestcee likes this.
  12. AmandaJ

AmandaJ Adagio, or Allegro? I can't decide.

Love her Christmas stuff!
    [​IMG]

CathQuillScrap likes this.
  13. marijke

marijke Weekends are for wine.

14. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

And if not, your siggie spills the beans!

15. SharLamb

SharLamb I should have been a Supreme

Getting through my list of birthday cards. I usually just do one month at a time, but decided to do the rest of 2020. There are 3 people in my life for whom this card is perfect (they don't know each other and live in different parts of the country, so no danger of "double dipping" in their eyes!). Love the Summer Camp kit, which was great for this card.
    [​IMG]
    Credits: https://the-lilypad.com/forum/galleries/lod_sahlin-studiobirthdaycard-golf.426858/

16. flowersgal

flowersgal I have big ears and wide arms

I, too, love the Chesterfield kit and many others although I'm not a mouse fan. I look forward to her template challenges too.

[​IMG]

17. 3BluEyedBabies

3BluEyedBabies Falling for pumpkin ...

I love Sahlin Studio & PM is amazing!! Wish I could buy them all! Have you ever considered a Flower & Garden kit, @sahlink ?? I hope there will be some new PM coming soon!!

18. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Another one of my favorite kits - For Real. My grandson had his "Recorder" recital last night.

[​IMG]

19. mmbstaley

mmbstaley Well-Known Member

Long time fan of Krista's designs - my wish list shows it, I think about half of the products on it are hers currently :giggle
    Last year's Project Mouse FANiversary helped me become obsessed with Project Mouse. After two trips to WDW I finally have lots and lots of Disney photos to scrap, but they are good for so much more too. My favorite thing about Project Mouse is how it all works together - if a particular kit doesn't have something you want, just go find it in another one you have and it will still work perfectly. It is like having a super mega scrapping bundle with everything you could possibly want in it. I'm working my way through my first trip to WDW last year and finished up these 2 pages today.
    The first one uses products from just the Animal bundle, while the second one uses a few bits and pieces from a bunch of different ones.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. cinderella

cinderella I was alone once...best.day.ever.

Krista's kits are amazing!
    [​IMG]