LOD 2020 - February 27 - Rachel Jefferies Designs

Discussion in '2020 LOD' started by bcgal00, Feb 27, 2020.

1. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

Hi everyone! Welcome to day 27 of LOD!

This event isn't a traditional CHALLENGE in that there aren't really rules. It's just...Scrap with the featured designer! Maybe it's an old favorite, or someone's products you haven't tried before. Just get scrapping!

LOVE Our Designers - February 27
    Rachel Jefferies
    is Our Daily Crush!

[​IMG]
    Sale of 30% off everything (Commercial Use and Bundles/Collections included, however, please check the shop for a few excluded item)
    Plus buy more save more offers . . .

[​IMG]
    The newsletter freebie will be available from 27th Feb 2020 until further notice to all new subscribers. They will receive a welcome e-mail with links to download their free mini kit :)

Once my sale and LOD thread goes live on 27th Feb existing subscribers will receive an e-mail with links to download :) Newsletter sign-up: http://eepurl.com/dB5YZb

My links:
    Shop: https://the-lilypad.com/store/Rachel-Jefferies/
    Newsletter: http://eepurl.com/dB5YZb
    Blog: https://www.racheljefferies.co.uk/
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/racheljefferiesdesigns
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/racheljefferiesdesigns/ @racheljefferiesdesigns
    Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.co.uk/racheljefferies/
    TLP username: Rachel Jefferies

Use hashtag #racheljefferiesdesigns to share your creations with me on Instagram
    I've been a fan of Rachel's designs for many years. She was one of my favorite designers when I first got into digi scrapping and my love of her designs has never wavered. What I love about her products is how versatile they are. I can use them in a clean, graphic, minimalist design or can design a more artsy page. I hadn't used templates often (or maybe never, I can't remember b/c its so many years ago) but....her templates converted me into a template lover. You can put a minimalist page together very quickly or her templates can be a starting point to a more complex design.

Rachel is a contributor to Mixed Media Monthly and often does add-ons for it too. I can't rave enough about M3 and her add-ons....they are just amazing!

I asked Rachel what some of her favorite products are. I'm sure that was difficult to answer b/c she puts so much of herself into her designs, they must all be special but....she did pick a few faves, Layered Thingamajigs (extra points go to Rachel for choosing such an awesome name for this line of products LOL), Fear Not and Stay Close. We both also love Eucalyptus too!

Rachel not only designs but she's an amazing scrapper too! Here are some fave pages she created with her products!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I know you'll enjoy learning more about Rachel, she really is awesome. Here's some questions I asked of her:

1. Where do you design? Describe your space.
    Since having our children my former office/studio was converted into a nursery and so I acquired a little nook in our dining room. I work next to our Patio doors that overlooks the garden so it has lots of natural light.

Here I have a painted desk with my iMac, iPad Pro, Wacom Tablet and Epson Scanner and two Ikea Raskog trolleys stuffed with my art supplies. I normally have the little ones running around this area and their play Kitchen is right behind my work area so they can play in the same room as me if mummy needs to tend to something urgent or answer some e-mails etc. :)

2. Where do you find inspiration for your designs?
    Everywhere really, nature is a big inspiration for me at the moment, feelings and emotions and past experiences definitely influence my designs. Most of my inspiration comes from my sketchbook where i paint, collage and make marks.

The free download that was designed this week was inspired by my love of trees and how they make me feel. This inspiration hit me after creating two art journaling pages for this months Art Journaling Monthly Muse in the forum.

3. How do you juggle personal and professional time?
    With great difficulty?! At the moment I work very part time hours. My son Keaton is five and my daughter Mackenzie is two and half. Mackenzie has just decided within the past month that she's a big girl now and doesn't need an afternoon nap anymore so juggling professional time has become an even bigger challenge for me these past few weeks as she was a reliable two hour nap girl!

I'm very grateful to have a very understanding and supportive husband, he's a dab hand around the house and my number one fan, always cheering me on from the sidelines. I use my free time in the evenings before I go to bed to do all of my work, normally 8pm - 10.30pm+

4. How long have you been designing?
    Yikes, it's been quite a while now, since around 2008 I think! You might remember me as 'Captivated Visions'. This was the designer name that I started out with from the very start.

I retired from digital scrapbook designing in 2017 a few months before our second baby was born and took a much needed break. I contemplated doing something different and going in a different direction with work but after about a year or so I missed the buzz of the digital scrapbooking community so much that I decided to return and I re-branded my business using my own name.

5. Is there a kit that is special to you?
    They are all special to me in a way. I hand paint many of my backgrounds, make lots of marks and drawings and cut papers by hand which are then scanned and manipulated in Photoshop and Illustrator into digital pieces so I kind of feel like a little part of me is inside every Kit if that makes sense?!

I do love the Eucalyptus Bundle though. The struggle was real with that collection, I remember it being particularly tough that week to juggle personal and professional time but I was soooo happy with the end result! I've made so many pages with this collection, I just love the tones, the gesso paint and marks, the dreamy papers and the mix of art and dimensional elements, I love it all!

[​IMG]

Personal questions:
    1. What are some of your fave foods?
    My husband would joke that I love Coleslaw. I also love Lasagne and am quite partial to Chinese food if we are treating ourselves to a take away! Good coffee and chocolate are must haves!

2. Other than designing, how do you like to spend your time?
    Honestly at the moment designing takes up pretty much all of my spare time, but it's so much fun it doesn't feel like work most of the time!

At the weekends we like to go out for breakfast as a family and do things that make the little ones happy. That might be family day trips or little fun things like picnics or going to the park etc.

3. Do you prefer big or small spaces? City life or country life? Coastal or inland?
    I've only ever known city life so I guess I'm used to smaller spaces. Having always lived in a city has made me appreciate the country and coast all the more. We always have our family breaks in a holiday village set in woodland but which also has a lake so I do love inland and being surrounded by nature and the trees. They have a sweet manmade beach next to the lake so the little ones feel like they are at the coast, it's fun to get the buckets and spades out :)

4. Is there a fave tv/movie or book that comes to mind?
    Fave tv things in the past have been CSI, Dexter, Breaking Bad, I guess i like the dark stuff?!! I like all sorts of movies and have watched so many as hubby is a big Movie Fan so nothing in-particular comes to mind, I like thrillers, action, chick flicks, comedy and of course we watch a lot of family films. (over and over!!) Sadly I don't get enough free time to read these days.

5. What is your favorite color?
    Duck Egg Blue type shades. My Desk, our kitchen table, my hallway . . even the kids play kitchen . . you can find this all through my house! <3

Here's some inspiration from some of our TLP members who have scrapped with Rachel's products!

Mary, Thuria and ScrappyHappy82
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Now it's your turn...
    Scrap a page using (mostly) Rachel Jefferies products.
    Meet the gallery guidelines of 50% TLP product
    Post in Rachel Jefferies Gallery and share your page in this thread.

Be sure to check out our LOVE Our Designers event daily since you never know WHO is going to be featured when! And who knows, the designer(s) may pop in here and there with special surprises and interactions while we are scrapping!!!

Karen likes this.
  2. cinderella

cinderella I was alone once...best.day.ever.

I love Rachel's designs!
    Thanks for posting early @bcgal00!
    [​IMG]

Rachel Jefferies and bcgal00 like this.
  3. Dady

Dady Well-Known Member

Here's mine

[​IMG]

4. ajm

ajm Well-Known Member

Much love for Rachel:heartlub

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. CharlotteM

CharlotteM Well-Known Member

I'm such a fan of Rachel's art♥
    [​IMG]

6. Bagheertje

Bagheertje Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 27, 2020
  7. Rachel Jefferies

Rachel Jefferies Designer

Thank you so much @bcgal00 you say the sweetest things!! :beat
    I didn't know I influenced your love of templates like that, that's so cool to know and I need to design some new templates soon! :glomp

It seems there is a technical blip in my store with my Sale, I will let you all know as soon as this is fixed :headscratch

8. Rachel Jefferies

Rachel Jefferies Designer

The Sale Is Live !!
    Have a peek at your wish lists and fill your carts up as those Buy More Save More Offers make this a great opportunity to get big discounts, especially on Bundles/Collections!

I'll be back later to pop in and out of the thread :)

9. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I have major love for pretty much everything you create too Rachel! Every time I use your products I feel like a way better artist than I actually am! :giggle I love to do IRL art journaling too and wish I could just come over to your crafty area and watch you create. I'm always amazed at how well you translate your real paint marks into digital. It's magic in my eyes! :agree

Trish and keepscrappin like this.
  10. Sokee

Sokee What we do in life echoes in eternity

Me too!! Lets book a flight Karen!

Karen and keepscrappin like this.
  11. Ruthe14

Ruthe14 Branch Manager of my family

Thank you for the pretty kit.....I decided to make use of it today....
    [​IMG]

bcgal00 likes this.
  12. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

13. jang

jang Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

Thank you for the fun kit.
    [​IMG]

bcgal00 likes this.
  14. AmandaJ

AmandaJ Adagio, or Allegro? I can't decide.

This was so much fun!
    [​IMG]

bcgal00 likes this.
  15. Ferdy

Ferdy Heavy Metal Head Banger

I love Rachel's creativity!! and the freebie is so beautiful, thank you! I have one new page to share(not using the freebie kit, credits are in gallery):
    [​IMG]

flowersgal and bcgal00 like this.
  16. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

That would be so awesome!

17. wvsandy

wvsandy Grinning Granny

Rachel always challenges me to think more 3D. Love it! Thanks for the freebie!
    [​IMG]

lorieh, flowersgal and bcgal00 like this.
  18. redplaid3

redplaid3 Just call me Zaley's Grammy!

Thanks for this nice kit!
    [​IMG]

bcgal00 and flowersgal like this.
  19. carrie1977

carrie1977 Tequila and Taco Tuesday

Rachel has been one of my favorite people and designers for many years now. I just love her!
    [​IMG]

Rachel Jefferies likes this.
  20. marijke

marijke Weekends are for wine.

Thank you for the freebie

[​IMG]

Rachel Jefferies and flowersgal like this.