LOD 2020 – March 12 – NBK Designs

Discussion in '2020 LOD' started by Iowan, Mar 12, 2020.

1. Iowan

Iowan Is this heaven? No, it's Iowa

Hello scrappers and welcome to the March 12th edition of LOD! This event isn't a traditional CHALLENGE in that there aren't really rules. It's just...Scrap with the featured designer! Maybe it's an old favorite, or someone's products you haven't tried before. Just get scrapping!

NBK Designs (aka Nicole) is our Daily Crush!

nbk.jpg
    Sale-Designers.jpg

NBK Designs has jaw-dropping designs each week. Her artCrush kits are just huge with elements, papers, paints, wordart, actions, brushes galore, and much, much more. The accompanying videos are also extremely informational-a true design bonus.

This year NBK Designs started a new super-clean series that is just perfect for the busy scrapper called Easy Peasy . The minimalistic designs cater to both the digital and hybrid scrapper and make scrapping an absolute breeze. The Easy Peasy designs can also be used with Photoshop on your iPad. How cool is that!

Check out these cool Easy Peasy designs.

nbk-Easy-Peasy-TP-003-fMDrUi.jpg nbk-Easy-Peasy-Expressions002-ftEBMr.jpg nbk-Easy-Peasy-TP-Double-008-C3a1aP.jpg
    nbk-LF-Cards1-DbBtBy.jpg nbk-EP-Starter00_01-i9dDNq.jpg nbk-Sometimes-JC1-3tAX0r.jpg

If you would like to try out Nicole’s Easy Peasy Templates, she has created a Free Template for you here.
    [​IMG]

Nicole made a lovely page for us using her awesome Easy Peasy designs.
    nbk-EP-Starter02-08-8,5x11.jpg
    I made this layout with Nicole's super-fun BYOC collection for this month.

[​IMG]

I asked Nicole a few questions so we can get to know her a bit more.

How long have you been designing?
    I started designing back in 2006 and had a Freebie Blog until 2009. In 2009 I started my own tiny store and also sold at different digital shops. Shortly before my 40th birthday I was really frustrated with the whole business and thought I would submit my last application to MScraps. Joyce, the owner, gave me a chance and that was the big turn in my career. I totally changed my marketing and built up of my digital collections.

What would you call your design style?
    I think I am an artsy designer but, at the moment, I love to combine the artsy style with my super-clean Easy Peasy Series of products.

Where do you get your inspiration?
    Uhh that’s a good question! There are so many different ways: words, images, photos, feelings, holidays, and new techniques. I think I never have the same starting point! Also, I don’t start with a special product. I may start with my styles and then get the papers done. I do not have a routine or anything. That's what I love about the whole process and it also frees my mind.

Tell us a little about yourself and your family.
    I am graphic designer at an advertising agency. I had my first contact with Photoshop when I was 16; now I am 46. That means I have been with Photoshop since it was introduced 30 years ago.

I have one sister, Yvonne, who is six years younger than me. We also grew up with foster kids. Nalan is the youngest and is 12 years younger than me. Nalan came into our family at 14 months and is a full member of our family today. I am single and married to my design business. I live in a small town in the southern Germany. I love intuitive painting, both digitally and in real life.

We are not done yet!! Nicole has a special bonus for her newsletter subscribers and Artology Members. Check out this cute cookie alpha. Newsletter http://eepurl.com/heB6A
    nbk-Alpha-Cookie.jpg

Now it's your turn...
    Scrap a page using (mostly) NBK Design products.
    Meet the gallery guidelines of 50% TLP product
    Post in NBK Design Gallery and share your page in this thread.

Be sure to check out our LOVE Our Designers event daily since you never know WHO is going to be featured when! And who knows, the designer(s) may pop in here and there with special surprises and interactions while we are scrapping!!!

Last edited: Mar 12, 2020
  2. LilachOren

LilachOren Well-Known Member

Iowan, NBK-Design and wvsandy like this.
  3. cinderella

cinderella I was alone once...best.day.ever.

Nicole is an amazing designer and person. I'm so happy to be part of her CT!
    [​IMG]

Iowan, flowersgal and NBK-Design like this.
  4. sharonb

sharonb Cher Memere

Urban Garden was yesterdays 50% off on SOSN. Urban Garden is a beautiful older kit that has been perfectly updated with super cool cards. They really are amazing! I love the lifting and torn edges. Check them out!
    [​IMG]

Iowan, NBK-Design and BevG like this.
  5. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

I remember you from MScraps, still have some of your templates and goodies from back then. Love your artsy style.
    Thanks for the freebie template.
    Had to buy some easy peasy templates and sign up for your newsletter.
    Not sure how I missed doing that before now.

Iowan and NBK-Design like this.
  6. LilachOren

LilachOren Well-Known Member

7. Dady

Dady Well-Known Member

Here's mine

[​IMG]

8. flowersgal

flowersgal I have big ears and wide arms

Thanks for the free template. I signed up for the newsletter (although I thought I already had). Then I shopped ... oh me... so many goodies and I bought wayyyyyyyyyyyyy too much. Anyway, I will have fun playing with my new goodies and be back with a page.

Here's the page:

[​IMG]

9. marijke

marijke Weekends are for wine.

Thank you for the template

[​IMG]

10. Danesa

Danesa Well-Known Member

I love Nicole's idea of making a layout with a few things about me & thingsI like. Grab her free template today!!
    [​IMG]

11. Trish

Trish Well-Known Member

Thank you so much for the freebie! I signed up for the newsletter, I thought I already had since I always get the NBK inspiration.
    Here is mine!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 13, 2020
    flowersgal, Iowan and NBK-Design like this.
  12. wvsandy

wvsandy Grinning Granny

Love all of the fun bits in her kits like loops, magiclights, OOB frames, masks, styles, etc.
    [​IMG]

13. SharLamb

SharLamb I should have been a Supreme

14. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Thank you so much for the awesome templates! I'll be back with a page. I'm running behind today.

15. cinderella

cinderella I was alone once...best.day.ever.

I'm back with some pages I've made this past week
    This one is for the Muse Week 2 challenge
    [​IMG]

I made this one yesterday, for Fiddle Dee Dee's LOD. I used a template by Fiddle Dee Dee and applied styles by NBK Design on the shapes.
    [​IMG]

This one is made with the Urban Garden collection
    [​IMG]

And those two are with the March BYOC
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Iowan and SharLamb like this.
  16. SharLamb

NBK-Design, Iowan and cinderella like this.
  17. SharLamb

NBK-Design and Iowan like this.
  18. justPattyAnne

justPattyAnne Active Member

I loved reading and learning more about Nicole in the interview - and I loved using the template, although only reluctantly doing it about me since I am not comfortable with current pics of me, so I used pics of young me that demonstrated my life-long loves - and that one that definitely isn't a love! :giggle
    Created using the free template from Nicole and also "ArtCrush No.2".
    [​IMG]

19. TrishD

TrishD Well-Known Member

A thumbnail view of some of my latest pages until I dig up some old photos of myself
    [​IMG]

20. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Loved the free templates! Thanks so much! I used the 12x12,

[​IMG]