Lilypad Letters Swap {April 2019} Partner Assignments !!!

Discussion in 'Hybrid Pad' started by jenn mccabe, Mar 31, 2019.

1. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

Yay! Partner assignments for the Lilypad Letters swap for APRIL are here! If you want a digital template to help get the sizes correct for printing @Rikki created one for Mirjam's blog with a little tutorial - check it out here. Also, please make suggestions for May's themes at this time!

April themes:
    Spring

@jenn mccabe and @Sokee
    @BevG and @Kat
    @Cherylndesigns and @Kat

Yellow and Orange

@BevG (mei) and @A-M

Please remember: send a full trading card sized/9 pocket page protector with each pocket filled (& include a letter) to your partner. See my Pinterest Board for ideas regarding what to send. The original post with full details is HERE.

Some helpful hints/tips to get started:
    1. PM your partner to get your swap going. Please do this right away at the beginning of the month. From there you can exchange emails or continue to exchange info via the PM/Conversation feature through the Lilypad site.
    2. Only share your personal info/address via PM/email.
    3. Follow your assigned theme.
    4. Regardless of what theme you signed up for, you can ask a few basic questions to find out what your partner likes. For example: flavors they like or don’t like or favorite colors. Anything they are obsessed with. It’s up to you. But sometimes this helps if you are sending little things like tea, etc.
    5. Be mindful of how much bulk/stuff you add. You can stuff to your heart’s content, but the bulk will add to the cost of shipping. Perhaps you and your partner can discuss if you prefer to “stuff” or go lighter/thinner?
    6. You have until the end of the month to get your letter in the mail to your partner. It does not have to arrive by the end of the month, it just should be mailed by the last day of the month.
    7. Please remember to take a photo before you send your letter out, but wait until you hear back from your partner (that they received it) to post the photo so you don’t spoil their Happy Mail surprise!
    8. Remember to use at least 75% TLP if using digi supplies.
    9. When you receive your letter, PM/email your partner to confirm you received it.
    10. Share what you made for April here in this thread (and in the gallery if it contains 50% TLP stuff) so we can oooh and ahhhh over your creations!
    Have FUN!!!!

Cherylndesigns and A-M like this.
  2. Sokee

Sokee What we do in life echoes in eternity

‘May Flowers ‘ (Snow states are Tulip & Daffodils)
    Color - Emerald
    Bikes

jenn mccabe likes this.
  3. Rikki

Rikki Next I'm going to look up naughty limericks

Sorry, I had to skip this month, I really have to catch up on things, but I think I will be back in the swing of things in May.

jenn mccabe likes this.
  4. jenn mccabe

Other suggestions:

May 28th Memorial Day USA - Red, White & Blue
    (or ... Patriotic - show us your country's colors/customs/patriotism)
    May 13th Astronomy Day - Cosmic/Space/Out of this World

Sokee likes this.
  5. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

Patriotic - Red White and Blue ( this sounds good as it is also the colours of the Australian flag)

Last edited: Apr 9, 2019
  6. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I have to skip May too. We have too much going on around here. I hope to be able to do the June swap, but July might be an issue for me as we're going on a trip then.

7. A-M

I will definitely be taking part in May's swap. I posted off Mei's swap to her today and the cost of postage was only $7.50 so I should be able to afford that each month.

BevG likes this.
  8. jenn mccabe

9. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

@Kat your PL went postal today. :)

10. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

Hi Anne-Marie - We got it yesterday. I have asked Mei to send you an email. We mailed yours on Monday and hopefully it will make it through customs without any problems.

A-M likes this.
  11. A-M

@BevG I am pleased it arrived sooner than I thought it would. I look forward to receiving Mei's email.
    Here is the front:
    [​IMG]
    Here is the reverse side:
    [​IMG]

12. A-M

@BevG Just letting you know that Mei's swap to me arrived today. It is GREAT! I really like what she has created.

BevG likes this.
  13. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

Here is the folded version of the one Mei sent Anne-Marie. We forgot to take a picture for the full thing.
    _DSC3589.JPG

A-M likes this.
  14. jenn mccabe

Those orange and yellows are so bright and cheerful!

BevG and A-M like this.
  15. jenn mccabe

finally posting my Lilypad Letter for April with the theme Spring that I made for Barbara. I can't believe I am this behind in posting these! Gah!

This one is made with lots of stuff form my paper stash. Sorry for the cruddy photos!

LilypadLetterApril.jpg

Karen likes this.